Stupidest thing you've seen on TV

For me it's a tie between the BBC's Silk Road:

"The study of medicine, the ideas of Aristotle, or the fundamental principles of mathematics. These are just some of the things that we'll find that we owe entirely or in part to Samarkand and the Silk Road cities that lie beyond."
>Aristotle's writings reached Europe via the Silk Road.

"Without the ideas and inventions that arose along the Silk Road, well, we Westerners would still be counting on our fingers, writing on leather and thinking that the earth is flat."
>Ancient Europeans thought the Earth was flat
Especially unforgivable as the presenter is supposed to be an expert in maritime history, and ships going over the horizon is one well known ancient way to show that the Earth isn't flat.

And also Barbarians Rising from the History Channel.
The fact that they cast Hannibal as a black man was bad enough...I mean what can you expect these days, and from the History Channel...but hang on what the hell is he wearing on his head...?
>Hannibal
>Christian

I'm Italian and I don't know the English name of the program

It was in history channel I think, I saw it last time like a week ago

Anyway the show has just like 4 episodes, each like one hour long, it's called like the 4 ethnicities that created Europe

It's about the people who changed the world and contributed in creating Europe and Western civilization

The episodes are:

1)How the Greeks changed the world and created Europe

2)How the Romans changed the world and created Europe

3)How the Vikings changed the world and created Europe

4)How the Arabs changed the world and created Europe

Don't watch television. Shit died about 10-15 years ago.

>writing on leather

Strangely enough, we still do. All new British laws and Queens speeches are recorded on parchment because it lasts for hundreds of years.

But Arabs lived in various parts of Europe for many centuries? Including Italy...

How do Arabs feel about so much of their history being taken over by Americans and recasted as black?

>many parts

Only Sicily for a century and Spain for some centuries, that's like 5% of Europe's landmass

Ancient ayyliens in general, but especially some retarded reinterpretation of Norse myths about a god that had an iron gauntlet or a golden arm or something and they concluded it must have been an ET with a cybernetic limb.

Well they contributed at least as much as the vikings did to western culture

Just because you hate somebody it doesn't mean you can't learn anything from them. Romans learnt a lot from their enemies.

To be fair the impact of Andalusia in particular on the development of Western Europe shouldn't be downplayed. Greeks only occupied like 5% of Europe's landmass too (they were a lot more focused on the Near East) but their influence obviously extended far beyond that.

>Well they contributed at least as much as the vikings did to western culture

So almost nothing?

They could have included Franks, Etruscans, Phoenicians, British, Spanish but Vikings?

For fuck's sake

>. Greeks only occupied like 5% of Europe's landmass too

All of Greece, most of South Italy, South France, Crimea and parts of Bulgaria, North Eastern Spain, Albania, the Romanian coastline

>All of Greece
Muslims occupied that too

Muslims aren't necessarily Arab, retard.

>But the rifle did have one "deadly defect." When the last shot was rifled, the clip would be automatically ejected from the rifle, creating a distinctive "pinging" noise. Japanese soldiers would listen for this sound, and charge while the GI's were busy reloading. This flaw cost many American soldiers their lives during the Pacific War.

>All of Greece
Right.
>most of South Italy
Okay.
>South France
Just a few ports
>Crimea
I tend to forget that's in Europe
>and parts of Bulgaria, North Eastern Spain, Albania, the Romanian coastline
Dalmatia aside, it's literally nothing.
Look, they had a huge presence in the Mediterranean (though even less than the medieval Arabs) and the Black Sea, but their colonies only represented a minuscule fraction of the European landmass and were concentrated in the East. Al-Andalus was at least a fifth of the Western European landmass.

ANCIENT ALIENS
UFO HUNTERS

Anything on History desu

>(though even less than the medieval Arabs

No

Medieval Arabs controlled 2/3rds of the Mediterranean coastline or so.
Well, maybe more like half if you count every nook and cranny of the Adriatic and Aegean but that's not as important as the ports in opean sea.

Whoever dreamed this up seems to think that there was only ever 1 American or they all fired at exactly the same time and so ran out of ammo at the same time like some kind of Napoleonic volley. That's without factoring in all the guys nearby with other weapons who can keep shooting while the rifleman is reloading.

Chap on the Range did a great video about this.

>Medieval Arabs controlled 2/3rds of the Mediterranean coastline or so.

Let's see

Greeks literally conquered all of Persia, Anatolia, Egypt and the Levant with Alexander, and even before that they had colonies in:

Libya
West Anatolia
Cyprus
Greece and Crete
South Italy
Albania and the Balkan coastline
South France
East Spain
South Ukraine
North Anatolia and Georgia
the coastline of Bulgaria and Romania

They literally had all the Mediterranean except for Carthage's territories and Central/Northen Italy

Oh yeah greeks were also in Bactria that it's modern day Central Asia (Afghanistan, Yajikistan, and parts of Pakistan too I think)

Oh yeah Greeks were also in Bactria that it's modern day Central Asia (Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and parts of Pakistan too I think)

>except for Carthage's territories
Yeah who cares about the Levant, Iberia, Sardinia or "Africa" right

Carthage didn't have The Levavt and Alexander conquered it

To be fair, Carthage CAME from Phoenicia (i.e. the Levant); arguably they were one and the same culture, but they were never a unified power.

But true, Alexander conquered Phoenicia (before that, the Persians. Before that, the Assyrians. Before that, the Egyptians etc etc).

>Aristotle's writings reached Europe via the Silk Road.
WTF
Where did they think Aristotle came from?

WTF^2
In a show about "those that created Europe", they include Vikings and Arabs, but not the Franks?
The Vikings were at most an annoyance. The Franks are important for the history of France, Germany and Italy.

You hear that, Goy? Better not question immigration.

>MENA never impacted Europe

Last one should have been "How the Jews changed the world and created Europe"

>Hannibal
>Arab

AYOO HOL UP

Except the Norse helped shape england and russia.

The greeks created the first east v. west divide
The romans brought civilization deep into europe
The vikings brought european civilization deep into russia via trade/colonization
The arabs defined the bounderies of europe by conquoring everything around it.

Papal bullshit is also still written on parchment

Yes that is totally what this poster is claiming. Good thing you called him out on it.

>How the Arabs created Europe
is this created for the future audience?

The Berbers and the Levantines were both Arabized linguistically.

WE

lol