Is the world really less than 6000 years old?

Is the world really less than 6000 years old?

Pic somewhat related

Other urls found in this thread:

chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/2901/jewish/How-Old-is-the-Universe-According-to-Judaism.htm
google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=define: satellite&btnG=&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you don't believe in radiometric dating, yes.

Radiometric dating is pseudoscience pushed by atheists

> muh floods caused mountains higher than Ararat, honest
> f-fossils because muh floods
You can smell the desperation in this. Anyone who believes this nonsense has legitimate mental illness.

God just revealed to me the world was created last Thursday, all memories you have of before then are fabrications, all history is a fabrication, all "evidence" to the contrary is just a prank bro
I'm His last prophet

If you don't believe in geology, astronomy, biology, archeology, or any number of other sciences.

>petroleum engineer.
>mfw roughnecks unironically believe the earth is 6000 years old while we are drilling downwards.
>mfw no face.

Just came here to say that the text in the middle isn't Hebrew

Aramaic?

Yes, and Dinosaurs ate plants in the garden of Eden and breathed fire and that's where dragons come from

No

The Alphabet is fucked up

Rashi script Hebrew perhaps?

You're wrong

You're right about this tho

You're right

Daily reminder that Damascus, Syria was founded over 4,000 years before the Earth was created.

And how does that matter?
If our reality was created as if billions of years happened, then it is the same as if these billions of years did happen, at least as far as our lifes are concerned.

"As we said before, there is another method of determining age other than hypothesis and speculation. If the subject is a conscious being, we can ask him/her/it, "Excuse me, do you have a memory of how old you are?"

In the case of the cosmos, we have asked. Of course, some will call it speculation, or even "primitive imagination." But then, I wonder what scientists a century from now will call the speculations of today's cosmologists? As for me, my understanding of the Torah is that it is not a human voice, but the voice of the essence of the cosmos itself.

So we asked.

The answer at the dating of this writing is 5,761 years."

chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/2901/jewish/How-Old-is-the-Universe-According-to-Judaism.htm

Ghost history hipotesis

>my understanding of the Torah is that it is not a human voice, but the voice of the essence of the cosmos itself.
someone post that "don't masturbate" pic

>tl;dr we pulled it out of our ass, but the Torah is the voice of God so it must be true!

When will theologians keep their noses out of anything that isn't philosophy or history, the only two things they're qualified to talk about?

what book is this?

>history

Theologians constantly bend history to the needs of their religion.

"there is no proof a walled city existed there when your holy book says it did" you say?

"Well you cant absolutely prove there wasn't one so there probably was!"

Shut up, God says surrender all your earthly possessions unto me and get the fuck out of my face

ArtScroll Chumash (First 5 Books of the Bible) with Rabbinic Commentary

>If our reality was created as if billions of years happened, then it is the same as if these billions of years did happen, at least as far as our lifes are concerned.

It's not EXACTLY as if billions of years happened, since at least one user knows it's only been a week. That could make a pretty big difference if he convinces others.

No one believed the world was 6000 years old until protestants, without the guidance of the church started naively reading the bible literally.

Orthodox Jews believe the world is only 5777 years old too

How much chances of getting beheaded in assad syria?I am interested in going to damascus if the war is over, I am sure they will apreciate tourist shekels

>No one believed the world was 6000 years old until protestants, without the guidance of the church started naively reading the bible literally.

Actually that was the Catholic view before the 20th century (you idiot).

>but muh augustine

Was a fringe view.

Not even Augustine.

>They are deceived, too, by those highly mendacious documents which profess to give the history of many thousand years, though, reckoning by the sacred writings, we find that not 6000 years have yet passed
City of God, book 12, chapter 10

What book is this?

Slightly older than that, by about 25 years. 6025.

Every volcano erupted. The fountains of the deep opened up. The world broke apart.

Catastrophic change.

Not incremental change.

Why would you belive in any of those, when they're always wrong?

Sedimentary rock. Sediment. From the Flood. Mudslides dried in layers, seamlessly.

Ask actual pros about oil fields not being depleted, but actually increasing in oil.

Daily reminder when Chinese dynasties say they go back 10,000 years, they only have 3,500 years of documentation to back it up.

...because most of the time they're right, or at least more right than religious text of your choice.

There's only one problem with that.

In the 3rd century AD, the Jewish rabbis compressed the duration of the Persian and Babylonian empires in an attempt to knock the timing of Jesus being the Messiah off. They compressed it by 243 years.

So it's 243 years later than current Jews think it is.

Yes, Christians understand the bible, and other people, like Catholics, cannot.

They're always wrong. Study science for the past 3500 years. It's always wrong. Every single time.

I haven't heard of any satellites put up to the sky by prayers.

Science is based on the scientific method. Other than the empirical investigations of a small handful of scholars science hasn't even seriously existed until the early 1500s at maximum.

If those are always wrong how do you think data is synced across long distances? How do you think the internet is possible?

They're called moons, and stars, and planets.

Let me know when your precious scientists catch up to Betelgeuse in the sky.

Today's science is wrong. Yesterday's science is wrong. Tomorrow's science is wrong.

If you don't understand that, you don't understand science.

Because historical science and technology have nothing in common.

15th century called, Galileo proved you wrong.

Dumbest post I ever read.

t. brainlet

google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=define: satellite&btnG=&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1

Can't we have an christian containment board?
It worked with the pony fags

If the sea level was 15 cubits above the highest mountain, where did all that water go?

why cant fundies into art?

About that...

This x 1000, speaking as a former ponyfag.

Back into the crust of the earth.
Into the oceans.
Into clouds.

the antedeluvian world had no rain, but a canopy surrounding the planet enriching the air and supplying higher pressures, not to mention more protection from the sun.

You believe things have always been as they are now.

You believe that, without evidence, even though it's false.

>the antedeluvian world had no rain, but a canopy surrounding the planet enriching the air and supplying higher pressures, not to mention more protection from the sun.
Which of course rendered the entire planet completely uninhabitable by humans and terrestrial creatures due to the extreme air pressure.

Every single person who has ever studied history at any serious level is aware that the further back you go the less certainty about events and the less evidence you have. I'm not sure what your point is.

Why couldn't god give all the bad people a stroke instead of sending a flood?

>u can't kno nuthin
Nice meme. Ignoring evidence is as unreasonable as ignoring the possibility that it might not be true.

You do both. You say "the available evidence points towards this". When historians speak in certain terms like "Henry VIII was born in 1491", they do it in this context and so they don't have to mention it every sentence.

But user, all people were bad people.

That was just some obscure conspiracy theory. Some guy who claims history is fake. The point was that there's someone denying even the most basic things we take for granted.

How is the fact there is some obscure simpleton a "point"? We're all ware there are people out there that claim the Earth is flat, or a cube.

Imagine being so cucked by jews that you start believing their horseshit tales ad verbatim. I'm looking at you American proddies.

Pls explain to me what radiometric dating actually is.

Did you know that sealions can't be radiametricly dated and no one knows how old they are? They could be 15,000 years old for all "science" noes.

Now telll me Jesus wasnt god, atheist, librul.

Are you drunk or just retarded?

Damascus is fairly OK. Tense because of the war, but pretty safe all in all. Syrians who aren't derka derkas are pretty cool. They are fairly top-tier Arabs, although of course they're still Arabs.

The problem is getting there, because your name will definitely be flagged. Depending where you live, you'll be visited by intelligence officers before you go, and certainly be questioned once you return. Don't be surprised if your phone or emails are bugged.

Stars aren't in the "sky", buddy.

Im a christian not a catholic i dont drink you librul peace of shit

That's because the half life you're using is too long you braindead clown. Radiocarbon dating is generally for much older things

so can you actually tell me why sealions cant be radioactivecarbondated or are you just going to say cuz i say so

They're not there because people prayed for them to be there

did you know that nothing that is still alive can be carbon dated, because the living organism cycles the carbon molecules through their body and the proportion of isotopes only changes after they are dead?

no! of cause you didn't, because you have no idea what you are talking about

>I don't drink
Muslims and Mormons are not Christians

>6000 years
The world isn't even a week old yet it only started on sunday.

You can't date living beings with this method, but dead stuff from 300 years onward to around 50'000 years ago. The carbone istope has a half life that is too long for shorter periods to be measurable.
Now come on you dumb fuck, you're asking us to spoon feed you stuff that you could google and read up on.

Are you retarded or just roleplaying?