Genghis Khan's heritage

Is there a possibility that Genghis Khan was primarily Indo-European by blood (as certain Stormfags claim), considering that the area he was born in was in fact inhabited by Indo-Europeans for centuries? I first thought it was 100% bullshit because I didn't know about Indo-European incursions to East Asia, but now I'm not so sure.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_haplogroups_of_historic_people#Genghis_Khan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordos_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afanasevo_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiongnu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanyu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Indo-European by blood

"INDOEUROPEAN" IS LINGUONYM, NOT A RACIONYM, NOR AN ETHNONYM.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_haplogroups_of_historic_people#Genghis_Khan
Shut the fuck up gypsy vampire.

Now this, THIS, is We Wuzzing

>identifying ethnicity based on language-families
>trying to identify ethnicity based on haplogroup

lol what the fuck is this autism

Genghis was a Mongol. The incursion of indo-European speakers in central Asia tells us virtually nothing about the genetic makeup of Genghis' tribe or his own ancestry. Until we have a body we can test, we can't say.

The idea that he was "indo-european" is kind of a ridiculous notion as well. He certainly didn't speak an IE language, and nobody at the time had an inkling that language families existed, let alone at that scale.

Indo-Europeans never lived that far east

Tocharians

The Tarim basin is west of Mongolia

WE WUZ KHANS AND SHIT

Tarim Basin is west of Mongolia

Wrong!

>R1b were shitskins
That explains it.

To give you an example of how west that is, the Tarim Basin's eastern edge is on the same longitude as Bangledesh.

With Indo-European blood in this context I meant auDNA as well as paternal lineages that were spread around by Indo-European steppe populations.

>According to the Persian historian Ab ul Ghasi, the tribal clan to which Temujin belonged, were known as the Bourchikoun (Grey-Eyed Men).

>The ancestral mother and founder of this clan was known as Alan goa (beautiful Alan).

>According to the Mongol and Chinese legends on the subject, she was said to have been visited in her tent by a divine being, who possessed golden hair, a fair complexion and grey eyes. Shortly after this visitation, she gave birth to the first member of the Bourchikoun clan.

>Temujin himself was noted in Chinese descriptions of him, for his tall stature and heavy beard. We should also note the following depiction of Temujin's appearance, as given by Harold Lamb, in his biography of the great Khan:

>"He must have been tall, with high shoulders, his skin a whitish tan. His eyes, set far apart under a sloping forehead, did not slant.

>And his eyes were green, or blue-grey in the iris, with black pupils. Long reddish-brown hair fell in braids to his back."

>Ab ul Ghasi also observed that the family of Yesugai, the father of Temujin, were known for the fact that their children often had fair complexions, and blue or grey eyes. Temujin's wife, Bourtai, bore a name which means "Grey-Eyed".

>Temujin's relatives and descendants also possessed fair features: Temujin's son and successor Ogadei, had gray eyes and red hair; Temujin's grandson Mangu, had reddish eyebrows and a red-brown beard; Subatei, who conquered China, had a long, reddish beard. Indeed, it was said that people were surprised Kubilai Khan had dark hair and eyes, because most of Genghis Khan's descendants had reddish hair and blue eyes.

Your Xiongnu example is literally one skeleton found in a burial site with several other Xiongnu nobles, none of whom were any sort of R1.

Stop lying, the other two skeletons that were tested were an East Asian D4 female and an East Asian C3 male. If they took any more samples they would've most definitely found more R1a buried in elite graves.

Please cite your sources for these claims, as they are frankly incredulous. This entire post stinks of extreme We Wuzzery and Stormfront fanfiction.

It is a known fact that R1 populations spread genes for light hair and eyes, also Genghis' son Ögedei had gray eyes and red hair. This wouldn't have been possible if Genghis himself (and the woman who mothered Ögedei) did not carry these alleles in their genetic makeup.

That's sort of compelling but I've ecountered way to many black nationalists we wuzzing literally everything to consider this, just out of principle

This is no way proves that Genghis Khan was patrilineally R1. Considering how Mongols can look like pic related because of the vast amount of genetic exchange on the Eurasian steppe due to slavery, migration, and intermarriage, that is not compelling evidence at all.

wh*Tes are fucking retarded

>This is no way proves that Genghis Khan was patrilineally R1
I never said so, but R1 populations spread genes for light hair and eyes in the Eurasian steppe.
>Considering how Mongols can look like pic related
Because they are Indo-European rapebabies, even to this day some Mongol tribes such as Khotons are 80% R1a.

Haplogroups don't determine automatically phenotypes you dumb nigger. Humans have 22 other chromosomes that they contribute to their new babies. How do you think modern mestizo populations with Amerindian haplogroups now have genetic immunity to Old World diseases? Do you know how many shitskin Mexicans indistinguishable from any other Indian have an R1b chromosome from Spanish conquistadors? Have you looked at Anglo Indians? They just look fucking Indian, despite having white patrilineality. You're seriously retarded.

>Haplogroups don't determine automatically phenotypes you dumb nigger
Nice strawman, retard.
>How do you think modern mestizo populations with Amerindian haplogroups now have genetic immunity to Old World diseases
R1 Conquistadors raped Amerindian women, and patrilineally Amerindian males got those genes by procreating with the rapebaby offspring.
>Do you know how many shitskin Mexicans indistinguishable from any other Indian have an R1b chromosome from Spanish conquistadors
That's because they didn't kill off the swarthy locals (although they should've) but instead gave them their seed.
>You're seriously retarded.
You're the retard here, just because ancient Indo-European R1 (and their closest relatives, Europeans) populations spread genes for light hair and eyes doesn't meant that every single R1 carrier has said traits.

So what you're saying is that you don't even necessarily need to be of the R1 haplogroup to have these traits, you just need to have a significant number of ancestors with these traits, yet they don't need not be R1 patrilineally. Which is to say, you're not saying anything we didn't already know.
So what the fuck is your point? Are you trying to say that Genghis Khan probably had some Caucasoid ancestry? That's just the nature of Central Asia. But he didn't speak an Indo-European language, his Y-Chromosome was almost certainly not R1, and he probably looked like Eurasian like present-day Central Asians. You can't even give me a citation for any of the claims you've made in this shitpost.

My point is that if Genghis Khan and his immediate descendants had light hair and eyes he most certainly had significant Indo-European ancestry, seeing as those populations are the cause for light hair and eyes in the Eurasian steppe. Not very hard to grasp. This is not to say that he couldn't have been partially Mongoloid.

>his Y-Chromosome was almost certainly not R1
Also you have no proof of this.
>So what you're saying is that you don't even necessarily need to be of the R1 haplogroup to have these traits
No, but R1 populations have those traits the most and also spread them furthest.

>Also you have no proof of this.
If only he left behind some descendants we could know...

>It's almost as if people who live between Asia and Europe and have a history of slave trading and mass migration would look like a cross between Mongoloids and Caucasoids
Wow. Truly sizzles my cerebellum

Due to the prevalence of R1a1a1 in Central and East Asia it is obvious that Indo-Europeans invaded those areas and impregnated the local women. That is the source of light traits in steppe Mongoloids.

If you need to use proof from stormfags that themselves stand out among nazi we wuzzery, it's bullshit.
>Persian historian Ab ul Ghasi
That's an arab name, you stormcuck.

And there is no such historian in the records.

Also, his "son" may have a been half tatar rape baby, but it was never proven.
I think that would have been much easier to figure out if his family looked like they came from Scandinavia.

>Distribution of R1a (purple) and R1b (red)
Nah not really.

>Mongols can look like pic related because of the vast amount of genetic exchange on the Eurasian steppe
yeah, no shit. That's his entire point.

See 99% of the R1a in the world stems from those blonde haired and blue eyed steppe populations (who originated in Eastern Europe), and Europeans cluster closest to them genetically. Sorry to break it to you, but the process by which certain Central and East Asians acquired their lights traits was far from an equal partnership.

CHARIOTS
H
A
R
I
O
T
S

HORSES
O
R
S
E
S

Nigger, you completely ignored that the vast majority of the Xiongnu elites weren't R1a. Stop cherrypicking results that fit your preconceived narrative

What do you mean by "equal partnership"?

He only brought that up to support his claim that Genghis Khan was descended from a cuck baby by some Indo European demigod and that their physiological appearance was evidence of that descent. It seems to me that he's obssessed with trying to claim Genghis Khan as a R1 haplomeme carrier when physiological appearance is irrelevant in determining exact patrilineal descent. If he's claiming Central Asians have significant Caucasoid mixture, sure, but that's not anything we didn't know and it doesn't support his cuck baby theory.

He makes it sound as if it was through peaceful trade and intermingling that Central and East Asians got light traits, rather than from violent conquest by Indo-Europeans.

Are you being sarcastic? Where is the proof of a large-scale Indo-European invasion of east-central Asia?

Xiongnu weren't very light either (although they did have Indo-European paternal DNA), but Genghis and his descendants were often described as such.
>Central Asia
You've probably heard of Scythians
>East Asia
Modern Khotons and Xiongnu had R1a

>physiological appearance is irrelevant in determining exact patrilineal descent

not really irrelevant, but it isn't binding. For example, many black American males carry European Y-dna, but are indistinguishable from other black American males.

Despite this, there can be qualifying differences can be drawn between blacks in America and blacks in Africa as groups. Descent, both patrilineal and matrilineal plays the dominating role in those differences.

Even East Asia had Scythians.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordos_culture

>Scythians
Pic related

>The Khotons settled in Mongolia by Oirats[clarification needed] in the 17th century. According to another version, settled in Mongolia after 1753, when their leader, the Dörbet Prince Tseren Ubashi, surrendered to the Qing Dynasty.[2]
Nice job you dumb faggot

>17th century AD
retard

>You've probably heard of Scythians
I said EAST-Central Asia. Central Asia is a huge region. As far as I know the Scythians lived north of the Black Sea.
>Modern Khotons and Xiongnu had R1a
Of the four Xiongnu males that have had their Y-haplogroups identified, two are C, one N, and one R1a1a.

Did you know the Xiongnu were a confederation of different tribes?

Just like the Mongols.

>As far as I know the Scythians lived north of the Black Sea
Not him. The Scythians lived everywhere from Ukraine to China.

The facts that they migrated from Kyrgyzstan, practiced Islam, are generally endogamous, and were moved to Mongolia in the 17th century is evidence of an Indo-European genetic impact in ancient Mongolia how?

>migrated from Kyrgyzstan
crazy, right?
>practiced Islam
Hmm, I wonder if Tamerlane has anything to do with that?

Stop avoiding the question.
Given all these facts, their presence is evidence of an Indo-European genetic impact in ancient Mongolia how?

those phenotypes have been present in the Eurasian steppe for over 4000 years before present, but somehow Mongolia is special because of it's modern borders and some dude in the year 1200 AD?

>ancient Mongolia

It can be assumed that there were more R1a individuals within the Xiongnu elite and that they were in a founding role since the entire Xiongnu steppe culture was copied from Indo-Europeans.

He's just stalling because he can't come u[ with anything else to support his point of view

There is a strong possibility that he looked white. Of course Stormfags saying it's a 100% certainty he was white is wrong, but other people saying there's a 100% certainty that he wasn't is wrong as well. Same with Jesus or Muhammad.

>it can be assumed
No it can't.

One keeps seeing this notion taken as fact on this board. Did the Portuguese say "who are these crazy Dravidians" when they reached South India, then say "ah, now I'm at home" when they reached Delhi?

But I'm pretty sure the idea of language families existed in Genghis Khan's period, just not Indo-European and such things.

I'm aware.
Thanks for the correction.
It certainly seems possible to me that Genghis' haplogroup was R1a. I'm just very skeptical of the notion that R1a came to the region through military conquest, rather than trade and migration and the formation of federations. One would expect a much higher proportion of male European lineages than is found in NE Asia now if it was a military conquest. It just seems like a personal fantasy to me.

It makes the most sense.

>Indo-Europeans domesticate the horse and invent steppe warfare
>Later a similar culture pops up to the East that just happens to have R1a amongst its elite

Obviously that very same R1a elite taught the local Mongoloids their lifestyle, giving birth to Xiongnu.

Your descendants would become indistinguishble from the rest of the population given enough time. Hui people look indistinguishable from other Chinese. A drop of soy sauce in a jug of water disappears into nothing.
Stormniggers are just obsessed with fucking haplomemes.

Are you part chink because you use gunpowder and paper?

>Hui people look indistinguishable from other Chinese.
Maybe not 1000 years ago.

>Japanese adopted industrialization and western tradition from Europeans during the Meiji restoration
>Obviously Japanese elite were Europeans
>This is the most likely scenario

Come now, no trade routes had been established between the area that would soon birth Xiongnu and the rest of the world. The only explanation (which is further supported by genetic evidence) is that some Indo-European group ventured East, discovered an area full of cute steppe Mongoloids and taught them their culture.

cultural transference doesn't need to work the same in 1300 AD as it did in 2000 BC, although there are similarities.

Stop with the false equivalences. No trading routes had been established with the steppe area that would spawn Xiongnu and the elite was found to have R1a, the explanation is obvious to anybody but you.

AYO HOL UP
*smacks lips*

ARE YOU SAYIN?

Did you know writing wasn't actually that common on the Eurasian steppe 4000 years ago?

KANGS
>distributes lactase persistence

>breaks your mistaken preconceptions

There was literally one R1a guy among the buried elite. Almost all the other elites have been Q, with some C and N and D as well. Furthermore, this R1a male had U as his mtDNA haplogroup, which is more common in Europe and West Asia than East Asia, so chances are he was a recent arrival from the west.

Indo-European steppe populations had mostly European mtDNA too so it doesn't damage my theory at all, in fact it only strengthens it.
Native Americans learned horse domestication in the 16th century.

>Indo-European steppe populations had mostly European mtDNA too so it doesn't damage my theory at all, in fact it only strengthens it.
>there were homogenously Indo-European people on the steppe in the days of the Xiongnu (3rd century BCE) that haven't racemixed themselves into oblivion already

>Native Americans learned horse domestication in the 16th century.
They didn't need to interbreed with Europeans to find out how. Lakota and Comanche cultures underwent a drastic change because of the introduction of horses. They didn't have to absorb European culture to do so.

Your "theory" is pretty shitty if all it does is ignore evidence to the contrary and people who support it keep on moving goal posts in order to fir their pre conceived notion of how the historical record worked

>>there were homogenously Indo-European people on the steppe in the days of the Xiongnu (3rd century BCE) that haven't racemixed themselves into oblivion already
Yes, the Xiongnu didn't expand as far as it did in a day, also the Xiongnu didn't cover the entire steppe, not even close. As for those Q samples; they were all found pretty far West (Xinjiang) from the origin point of Xiongnu, so they are most definitely younger the R1a sample from the Far East.
>They didn't need to interbreed with Europeans to find out how
See , Indo-Europeans of old were very patriarchal, subjugated any and all peoples they came across and killed off whoever resisted. Since the technologically inferior steppe Mongoloids weren't wiped out, the most logical conclusion is that they embraced Indo-European culture and rule and offered the invading elites power and women in exchange for their technologies.

>it took him 20 minutes to put together this pathetic response
Kys you fucking stormnigger faggot

Unfortunately I'm not on this site 24/7.

There is no evidence to the contrary.

he's right though

WE
E

You sound mad buddy.

Samefag

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>uses the introduction of horses to the Americas as an example of why cultural diffusion isn't connected with genetic drift

damn son, should have stuck with the Japan example.

>Harold Walter Bailey proposed an Iranian origin of the Xiongnu, recognizing all the earliest Xiongnu names of the 2nd century BC as being of the Iranian type.[9] This theory is supported by turkologist Henryk Jankowski.[10] Central Asian scholar Christopher I. Beckwith notes that the Xiongnu name could be a cognate of Scythian, Saka and Sogdia, corresponding to a name for Northern Iranians.[24][70] According to Beckwith the Xiongnu could have contained a leading Iranian component when they started out, but more likely they had earlier been subjects of an Iranian people and learned from them the Iranian nomadic model.[24]

>In the UNESCO-published History of Civilizations of Central Asia, its editor János Harmatta concludes that the royal tribes and kings of the Xiongnu bore Iranian names, that all Xiongnu words noted by the Chinese can be explained from a Scythian language, and that it is therefore clear that the majority of Hsiung-nu tribes spoke an Eastern Iranian language.[

Gooks BTFO

neat

>be prehistoric Central Asian
>member of heavy-bearded, aquiline-nosed Yamna, Afanasevo, Andronovo, Tocharian, Scythian, Bactrian, Sogdian
>invent the wheel and chariot
>first to domesticate the horse
>build prehistoric cities
>meet innocent looking Eskimo-like people in the periphery of your civilization, in the tundra
>teach them your ways of the horse and lifestyle, transfer your knowledge and technology
>they adopt and adapt to your Scythian ways
>they expand from their tundra, permafrost territory
>gradually take ownershership of Scythian clay
>for the next couple eons you fail against their onslaughts
>indigigenous Scythians of Asia is now replaced by Mongolids

this

also Afanasevo culture (c. 3700–2500 BCE), located north of the Tarim, in Siberia/Mongolia, directly connected (genetically, culturally, linguistically) with Yamna of Europe (Black Sea)

Afanasevo were responsible for the introduction of metallurgy to China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afanasevo_culture

The Ordos culture is known for significant finds of Scythian art and is thought to represent the easternmost extension of Indo-European Eurasian nomads, such as the Scythians

tribes of the Elunin/Krotov/Tashkov circle cultures were located in the Altai area steppes, forest-steppes and foothills; the Caucasoids were metallurgists and pastoral animal breeders. They developed entirely new designs of socketed weapons, and art images that included horses, oxen, sheep, camels, and more. The other Mongoloid component was located in the area of the Sayan highlands, where lived populations of the southern zone of East Siberian taiga hunters and fishermen. They belonged to the Glazkov, Shiver... cultures around the Baikal and Angara River basin, who mastered the manufacture of flint, jade and bone implements; their imagery had snakes, elk, bear, and more. Fusion of Altai (Caucasoid)/Sayan (Mongoloid) into a single culture occurred in between the Ob and Irtysh rivers.

How does this picture indicate that the Xiongnu were Indo-European? The easternmost of these locations are the Altai. None of these are Xiongnu grave sites. Furthermore, by at least 1200 BC the Chinese already had chariots, which invalidates most of these as candidates.

late period Xiongnu were mongoloid
early period were whites adopting lone mongoloid forest-dwellers

>The ruler of the Xiongnu was called the Chanyu later refined by Rouran as "Khan"
>The Yenisei Kirghiz Khagans claimed descent from Xiongnu (Chinese Li Ling + daughter of the Xiongnu Khan)
>Xiongnu are Mongoloids
>Xiongnu used Chanyu/Khanyu title synonymous with Khan
>it is suggested that Indo-European Wusun used the royal title "Kunmi"
>Beckwith specifically suggests an Indo-Aryan etymology of the title Kunmi
>IE word Kunmi possibly the root for Khan
>Hun = Khan = Hunnu = Xiongnu = Hunya = Chanyu = Kunmi (similar shit)

>Huns were in fact descendants of the Northern Xiongnu who migrated westward

>the title “Khan“ was original to the Rourans
>The region experienced a Mongolification and was eventually occupied predominantly by peoples showing Mongoloid features, known from their skeletal remains and artifacts

tl;dr Scythians transferred their technology/skills/culture to Mongoloids and then got erased by them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiongnu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanyu

Scythians, also known as Scyth, Saka, Sakae, Sacae, Sai, Iskuzai, or Askuzai, were a large group of Iranian[1][2][3][4] Eurasian nomads

Xiongnu name a cognate of Scythian, Saka and Sogdia, corresponding to a name for Northern Iranians.[24][71] According to Beckwith the Xiongnu contained a leading Iranian component when they started out, but more likely they had earlier been subjects of an Iranian people and learned from them the Iranian nomadic model.[24]

In the UNESCO-published History of Civilizations of Central Asia, its editor János Harmatta concludes that the royal tribes and kings of the Xiongnu bore Iranian names, that all Xiongnu words noted by the Chinese can be explained from a Scythian language, and that it is therefore clear that the majority of Hsiung-nu tribes spoke an Eastern Iranian language

Xiongnu art is harder to distinguish from Saka or Scythian art

A majority (89%) of the late-period Xiongnu mtDNA sequences can be classified as belonging to Asian haplogroups, and nearly 11% belong to European haplogroups. This finding indicates that contact between European and Asian populations preceded the start of Xiongnu culture, and confirms results reported for two samples from an early 3rd century BC Scytho-Siberian population

He is american

this

Mongolians have roughly 10% "West Eurasian" admixture but much of this is ANE while only a fraction is related to Indo-Europeans

Genghis Khan was Argentinian he real name was Lombardi Khan, he conquered all latin América in 1334