medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

holy coin.

Yeah... Vulnerabilities reported. F for certain

RIP
medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367

BUY

I want to unironically buy this but I wonder where the floor is

Daily reminder that Iota will be worthless without a patent because it's just a communications protocol.

fuck I bought 200$ at 0.75$, jesus christ help me

which cryptos have patents?

also the current state of IOTA

YOU TOLD ME THE TANGLE TECH WAS GONNA BE HUGE
YOU SHILLED ME INTO SOMETHING THAT IS GOING STRAIGHT INTO HELL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

None that I know of but they are as valuable as their mining power. Iota has no profitable mining.

Sigh. First posw. Then dgb. Now this? Really?

nice, just bought 100k, this shits gonna hit 1% tonite

>putting posw on the same league as iota and dgb
I don't understand?

INVEST IN WTC INSTEAD IOTA IS A PIECE OF VULNERABLE SHIT

psst. buy ANT to make back your loss. Now's the time to accumulate.

In all fairness, they already patched It. Unfortunately long term Hodl just got longer

I'm glad there will always be retard niggers like you on Veeky Forums
Helps me sleep at night

Glad I closed my position last night at 70c
Time to open another one

So high transactions costs in return for BTC mining is better?

Its not too late.

fuck.. what does this mean for the bitdice ICO which i unironically threw $500 at? its going to be on iota

is IOTA kill?
died iota died?

The conference yesterday revealed to the world the stuttering potheads that run this scam.

Price has already tanked 10%. Once it breaks through the $1.50 resistance the panic will begin and small holders and speculators will begin to offload, with the whales already long gone.

Once it shoots through the $1 mark, unabated FEAR will ripe through all IOTAfags. With all those who dumped their current accounts into this scam twitching at their arsehole continuously while refreshing bittrex.

The $0.50 mark will be met, the largest panic in history will ensue. The final deluded Nodes will begin to go offline, and wagecuckers with their engineering salaries loaded up in IOTA will be left with it stuck in their wallet, unable to move it to bittrex to salvage some self respect.

The price WILL tank at this point to sub $0.10, and most probably sub ICO levels.

From that day forward the deluded IOTAfag wagecucking engineering nerds who bought this coin thinking it had fundamentals will go back to their jobs, with no money in their current accounts, to be made redundant by the next wave of pajeets arriving to undercut their wages.

Deluded IOTAfags will hold bags FOREVER, with no job, no money, and no crypto.

I warned you IOTAfags. There's still time to get out. Sell NOW.

Don't be deluded, don't be an IOTAfag.

Female Pajeet, opinion discarded.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I threw 6 eth at it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You sound smart, user. Recommen me a coin pls

It's fine. The security issue was blown out of proportion and already fixed. We're on our way back up

i hope we can get our money back before anyone catches on, user

Just buy ANT man.

KEKCOIN

It's the perfect investment for trash like you

>once it breaks through the $1.50 resistance
the ATH is like 1.10 what the fuck are you talking about. It's at .60 now

>Veeky Forums intellectuals

good, good

FUD this down so I can get whale my way in at a sub .50 price

Yes because profits drive incentive to actually use the blockchain/tangle.

It's a pasta

The iota team commented this on in

Fast facts:
We were the ones that initiate it in the first place by reaching out to Ethan to review IOTA. He declined due to working on a competing project, but decided to pursue it anyway without letting us know.

No funds were ever at risk, we had anticipated this for 2 years and had numerous security measures in place. This has been covered extensively in The Transparency Compendium on June 15th and Upgrades and Updates on August 7th.

IOTA is indeed, like we have stated ad nauseam a protocol in development, like all other ones. This is a very trivial issue, nowhere close to the vulnerabilities found in Monero, Dash or Ethereum over the past years.

We are right now writing up a blog post addressing their claims, several of which are 100% fallacious.
Even though we naturally appreciate researchers providing insight which the open source community can learn from, this is a minor issue blown into a full clickbait.

how do you pronounce IOTA?

ayyy yoda

>Cryptographic collisions
>trivial issue

Is a game-breaker issue you idiot. IOTA is dead, blockchain is the future

SELL SELL SELL

>They have switched to a new hash function they wrote, based on the well-known SHA3.

>Right now, our specific attacks have been fixed, but we do want to note that IOTA is still using the old Curl hash function in some places in its software.

>One part of IOTA we were not able to investigate, since the code is not open source, is its trusted coordinator.

>Another inefficiency is that transactions in IOTA are 10KB

*breaths in*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

implementing a custom hash function that works shitty is such a big and obvious mistake for crypto, they have lost my trust. I may still consider buying some if it goes sub $0.50

perfect I'll pick up the dip !

Profits are needed to drive use of the blockchain because there wouldn't be a functional blockchain without the miners doing their thing. Profits aren't needed for the tangle because you don't need anyone but the people/system using the IOTA to make it work. Actual use in transactions can drive use of IOTA

How can you not even know how IOTA functions?

also, the ternary stuff is complete bullshit, most probably the phd thesis of one of the founders shoehorned in. there is no reason why iota can't function with binary processors, and this hardware design problem creates an unnecessary uncertainty.