New Constantinople

How much money would it cost to build a new Constantinople?

Where would it be located?

Surely someone like Bill Gates has enough money.

What would the 'Hagia Sophia' of the 2020s be? A vast theatre? Presumably such buildings would be non-religious.

>a new Constantinople
A new capital city for a superpower in a more central and well defensible position?
What superpower actually needs a new capital? What location is actually safe from an ICBM?
What the actual fuck do you actually mean by Constantinople? Clearly you can't be using Constantine's meaning, because otherwise this would be a fucking stupid thread.

The Third Rome/Second Constantinople is Saint Petersburg, user

That illustration surely can't be to scale right?

It already exist and it's Istanbul

MARTIANS AND MARS

OWNED

>How much money would it cost to build a new Constantinople?
Like a late antique city with stonework, amphitheatres and walls?
The city center could cost anything from 5 billion to 50 billion dollars to build. A whole city. 100 billion dollars.

Prime waterfront property is expensive.

Depends on how picky you are about the stonework and building quality as well.

You can just hire the chinese and get them to do it for 1 billion $.

It could be built right where the old one was, after all Turks get killed by nerve gas.

Nerve gas can't kill cockroaches.

First, alot of buildings have been built
•to demolish these houses etc it would cost alot

Next
•reconstructing historic buildings without modern means (reinforced concrete) would be VERY expensive

These buildings would include
-Hippodrome
-palace of Antiochos
-palace of lausos
-baths of zeuxippos
-the great palace (most expensive)

hell no

>capital of a superpower

You realize constantinople is literally the size of a village in todays standards?

Over half a mill at the height of middle ages isn't that small.

In the light of modern discoveries - I would rebuild in a less seismic region.

Does anyone else think these tacky fake European cities are comfy as fuck?

>Does anyone else think these tacky fake European cities are comfy as fuck?

After a few decades they would develop their own character & patina.

Constantinople used to be a fake new build city. Now we admire a church which is 1,500 years old.

What does that have to do with anything? Constantinople was (re-)founded specifically to be a capital city.
You can't just build a small town, prop up a couple replica churches, and pretend that you've rebuilt Nova Roma.
Or rather you can, but then you've got something as retarded as the Parthenon in Tennessee in your hands.

we already have one tho

All the good spots have been taken already. You'll have to build on a rainforest, desert, or plains tile in the middle of nowhere.

>Constantinople used to be a fake new build city.
Bullshit. Constantinople was a planned city, sure, but it was not meant to be a replica of Rome, an aping of other places. Constantinople was just like DC, Brasilia, Canberra.

it would be like living on a giant movie set or some creepy amusement park.

If I was bill Gates, I would literally give all my money, and even sell my business shares as a bonus if we could exterminate the roaches.

I am glad you are shit-posting here instead you fucking nerd.

>Greece takes a 1 Bil. loan to remake their Cityfu
>Constantanople, Made in China

/thread

500,000 in 1025 is pretty big

Akshually, it will be restored as "Byzantion", and there won't be a Hagia Sophia because we will have rejected hebrew mythology by that time.

Sometimes I am impressed by Chinese copies.

Especially in their version of Hollywood: Hengdian Studios

>Dude we need sets for our films.
>Lmao just pick this podunk village and build Chinese/Foreign landmarks and cities around them. No need for expensive location hunting.

Gonna go with Dubai.

The modern Hagia Sofia would be that 'air-conditioned outdoor beach' they were trying to build before the recession cucked them.