Why is modern architecture so fucking awful...

Why is modern architecture so fucking awful? A hundred years ago majestic things were build but today all looks the same and like a fucking cube, even a 6 year old could construct that.
>pic related seriously who the fuck build this

That's cool desu

That's clearly meant to be a design for a low-cost house. Poor people need places to live, user.

It's efficient, highly modular, looks clean, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It's called functionalism you nerd ,stop wasting precious resources on muh castles.

Would totally live in that house if I could.

Efficiency at the expense of humanity, perfect

Every style has a function and a purpose. These days, we don't really care about putting tens of millions of dollars into making our buildings covered with handcarved friezes and statues because most people believe it's a fucking waste of money. If I gave you a hundred million to build me an office building and you gave me a plan that underdelivered on space, utilities, and cost control, but you built me a nicely decorated three story building, I'd sack you on the spot.

Is there more humanity in living in a car?

well turns out that this shit cube costs you about 400.000$

The alternative to living in a cube isn't a gothic cathedral or a car.

You yourself said that an efficient use of money and space has nothing to do with humanity.

So why would you ever build a house ordinary people could afford?

On a manicured piece of land like that, with insulation, utilities, and ecofriendly construction? That's a hell of a bargain, especially if you're a richfag who cares about the environment.

Blame stupid garbage styles like Bauhaus and Futurism, then it metastasized into Functionalism and Postmodernism and now everything looks like complete and utter shit.

Look at all that space. You could hang out on those chairs, and just be at peace with all that green around you.

all around is just decoration, you pay the money just to let build this house, all around is your business

good luck to find such a nice property for low price

Indeed, this shit has to stop.

>That's a hell of a bargain
You live in California don't you?

Jew York actually. You have no idea how fucked up my sense of real estate is.

>Cheap housing for poor people
>400 fucking grands
> That's a hell of a bargain, especially if you're a richfag

>pic related seriously who the fuck build this
but it looks good

there are many examples of bad modern/postmodern architecture, that's not one of them though

cube are cool man, fuck you!

I'd say. This is what 350k gets you in Cincinnati suburbs.

>he thinks that poor people should live in a fucking suburban home with a 3 story house and 2 cars

Poor people can't afford 400k houses retard.

Looks very neat and clean. I like it.

Yeah so you put them in huge soulless commieblocks also built in this fashion. You use economies of scale so you drive down the costs of water, heating, electricity, and construction, which would also be cheaper because you're presumably building inside a city with its own grid and sewage system readily available. Of course a fucking single family house in the suburbs will be more expensive.

As a poorfag, I'll take soulless commieblocks over living in my car.