Are Hungarians really descendants Of Attila?

Are Hungarians really descendants Of Attila?

If so, does that make Attila Uralic?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1809.2008.00440.x/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're not. Atilla was connected- at least we think (it's shaky)- to the Xiognu, a proto-Turkic (we think) people from what is now China/Mongolia.

Hungarians are descended (culturally, very few genetically) to the Magyars, an Ugric-speaking people from much farther west. The Magyars moved in long after the Huns. The name for Hungary even comes from a Greek corruption of "Ugri" I think, possibly in the same way as "Bulgar", though I'm not 100% sure about that.

tl;dr they're closer to Finns.

>HUNgary

What do you think

>Are Hungarians really descendants Of Attila?
They're not even hte descendants of old Hungarians, let alone Attila.

Well, what are they then?
>China/Mongolia.
>Turkic

Are you retarded?

Slavs that got PAPRIKAD

>trollexploitable2.png

>Well, what are they then?
Slavo-Germans

meant for

>Hungarians
>slavic

Obviously not according to language, but if they have almost the same genetic profiles as their neighbors then they must have shared most of their ancestors with them.

Nah, they're slavs with a smidgen of mongoloid blood.

Are there any good sources of early Hungarian history? The only real historical account comes from a literal user from the 13th century.

when will haplogroup posting end? all haplotards are retards

do you have any evidence for that apart from haplomeme maps?
post autosomal dna of ancient hungarians, i'm wondering.

Their genes are. Language is irrelevant really.

Not an argument.

I don't know about ancient, but their modern autosomal DNA clusters with West Slavs and Germans.

No, Hungarians are Uralic,

I just need to know if Attila is Uralic.

They have an Uralic language. Their blood is not Uralic.

>I don't know about ancient
then shut the fuck up lmao

>Not an argument.
my dick inside your mother is more of an argument than haplogroup charts

Low IQ posting.

They are mixed, germanic, slavic and mongoloids like turkics

>Doesn't know anything about ancient hungarian genetic make up
>talks about relationship of ancient hungarians and modern hungarians
are you an amerimutt subhuman? tell me, i won't be too harsh on you. also you amerimutts are retarded as shit.

>Doesn't know anything about ancient hungarian genetic make up
You're some idiot who for some reason refused to accept Y-DNA, which demonstrates pretty clearly they're not related.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1809.2008.00440.x/full
>Our data suggest that the Tat C allele, which is widespread in Uralic-speaking populations, was substantially present in the ancient Magyar population when they crossed the Carpathians and settled in the Carpathian Basin. Our findings provide further evidence for its virtual absence in recent Hungarian-speaking populations, with the exception of a single male in the Szekler group. This contrast, despite the relative linguistic stability, may be attributed to a combination of the Magyars being a dominant elite, whose language was accepted by the more numerous pre-existing populations (mostly Slavs and Avars), and of the effects of a number of substantial post-Magyar immigrations and incursions.

>You're some idiot who for some reason refused to accept Y-DNA, which demonstrates pretty clearly they're not related.
because i asked for autosomal dna, you retarded amerifuckingmutt
jesus christ your mongrel kind is sure retarded

I'm not American.
>because i asked for autosomal
Because you're a retard pushing the goalposts since you know Y-DNA proves you flat wrong, nigger.

>Autosomal DNA: your 100% genetic make up
>Y DNA: your small part of heritage
okay so you're the french retard who claims to be pannonian
you're the cancer of this board

We simply don't know enough about Attila to say. A lot of people speculate the Hunnic ruling class was of Xiognu origin, but their horde had a number of Germanic, Uralic, and Iranic components, and it's possible he was of mixed ancestry.

the Huns were West Asian, a mix of sarmatian, caucasian, cumans and slavs

Attila's native language was likely Turkic and probably spoke European languages to manage his empire.

Sauce: yo bitch nigga ass

Who do you think they were?

I don't know and I don't think I'll ever know.

Pekka, greatest ally!

>magyars
>huns

Bulgars are the true Huns.

Bulgars were vassals of the Huns the fuck are you talking about?

On a related note: Are the Huns the ancestors of the Mongols?

(you)

How would he speak turkic if he didn't live anywhere near the Seljuk Turks?

Turkic people do in fact originate to the north of Beijing

This seems to be a very confusing thing for a lot of people who associate them with Central Asia

We have no idea because we don't know who the Huns are.
Central Asia for nearly all eternity has been a clusterfuck of different ethno-linguistic groups horse nigging, genociding, and invading each other so it's hard to say

You really don't know anything about the Seljuk Turks don't you?
Fuck you
and you
and you
and you
and you :)

No one said anything about the Seljuks but they also originate north of Beijing like other Turkic people.

>citation needed
>Don't think they are any related to the mongols

Yes? Mongols originate in Mongolia, Turks in China.

Was the Turks in western china?

No, fag, you're thinking of the Manchus

No, Tocharians were.

Where in your imagination did Turkic people come from? Why is it that they enter history through conflict with the Han chinese?

Nobody gives a shit about the people who produced you via rape, mehmet

>Manchus
>Turkic

Blatant bait, Turks were in western China.

they werent, they were in siberia/mongolia
they are lucky, those mongoloids travelled around and no one had the balls to exterminated

i have so much hatred for turkics, those mongoloids are a truly disgusting menace

I refuse to believe with all my heart that the Mogols were Turkic

Manchus are Tungusic

It's likely they were, they initially started as Turkic, but absorbed the Caucasian and Indo Iranian population as they went farther west.

He wasn't Uralic, Huns were definitely Altaic. Attila himself was describes as looking like a Mongol.

>Short of stature, with a broad chest and a large head; his eyes were small, his beard thin and sprinkled with grey; and he had a flat nose and tanned skin, showing evidence of his origin.

He probably had some Germanic heritage though, judging from his name and the fact that most of his subjects were Germans.

>Attila is formed from Gothic or Gepidic noun atta, "father", by means of the diminutive suffix -ila,:386 meaning "little father"

By that time Huns were getting somewhat assimilated by their Germanic subject.
>"Germanization of Hunnic names may have been a conscious policy among the Hunnic elite in the West in order to ease the transition to their rule of formerly independent German tribal unions". In the Western part of Hunnic Empire, where mostly lived subjected Gothic tribes, Huns probably spoke both Hunnic and Gothic language, and as such bore Germanized or Germanic name, like Laudaricus.

>Attila means little father
Atilla is a LIL NIGGA he's my homie now i now believe the lil niBBa is one of us

So the Huns were like Germanised Turkics? That is fucked.

Bullshit, Europeans were used to see West Asians like the Sarmatians and Schytians, who today we would describe as Caucasians.

When the Huns arrived Western authors all describe their looks as different from people they were familiar with.

>They made their foes flee in horror because their swarthy aspect was fearful, and they had, if I may call it so, a sort of shapeless lump, not a head, with pin-holes rather than eyes.

That's obviously a rude description of an East-Asian person. And the East-Asian people with similar culture and warfare to the Huns were Turkic and other Altaic tribes.

>the Huns were like Germanised Turkics

We are fucked.

Turks in Germany are not Germanized you wh*Te subhuman do not ever misuse that word or else rape you next week

Also to add to this guy's point, the White Huns aka the Hethaphlites, were also specifically noted as being Caucasian in appereance and were an Iranic people. Both Roman/Greek and Persian/Armenian sources talk about how the actual Huns were so strange to them with their long hair, slanted eyes, and narrow cheekbones and yellow skin.

Both cultures/societies were also very intimately familiar with the Scythians, Sarmatians, and their related kin.

I think you are confusing the Hunnic Empire with actual Huns. The Huns army assimilated various Germanic and Iranic tribes as well as some other Hunnic and Turkic people into it but the most common tongue in the Hunnic Empire was actually I think Gothic. If their opponents in the Steppes of Eurasia weren't killed or displaced, they were joined into the Hun's confederation; you had Goths, Vandals, Sarmatians, Alans, etc...all unified under the Hun's banner.

Citation needed

If the Hungarians were not Uralic, then what are they?

Hungarians are descended from Attila just like all Central/Eastern Europeans but the name similarity is just a coincidence

The ethnogenesis of Hungarians was some centuries later however, when a different group of Central Asian horsemen settled in the Carpathian basin

Don't think that the Mongols were turkic

Like nearly all European peoples, Hungarians are a mix of a lot of different populations that emerged throughout Europe and parts of Asia

The funny part is, the Hungarian name for Hungary is MAGYARország (Magyarland)

>post autosomal dna of ancient hungarians

Here you go

That might be a description of European descent or it might have also been due to their cranial manipulation

god damn i love sourceless pca plots for sure