Did North Vietnamese soldiers get PTSD during the Vietnam War?

Did North Vietnamese soldiers get PTSD during the Vietnam War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4d9H_1ygEv8
janbanning.com/Gallery/Vietnam/#expanded
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, read " The Sorrow of War" by Bao Ninh, a war veteran

How can you get PTSD when your life is already a living hell

Nope
It's a strictly human condition

Yeah, those B-52 bombing runs were earthshattering.

I'd agree with
And my reccomended read is pic related. PAVN/VC vets will never admit it of course, but the war did very much adversely affect their psyche. Even though they were able to win, you don't erase over a decade of seeing your comrades turned into hamburger and then seeing your kids grow up into stunted retards due to agent orange.

I doubt it, seems like it was only a problem for soft, cowardly Americans

Undoubtedly
>be gook in gooktunnel
>hear jets rumble overhead, ear-shattering boom
>scramble topside
>napalm scorching bush nearby
>gook friends stumble out screaming, coated head-to-toe in fire

Nah.

The dead can't into PTSD.

Also would recommend "Patriots" by Christian Appy for firsthand accounts from the war, there's quite a few from the VC/PAVN side. I believe that pic related is one of the person's interviewed (or its the chick from the propaganda shot of a female VC leading away an American pilot POW). She of course takes great pride in fighting off Americans, however she really does not like to bring up the war anymore because she got to see most of her friends buy the farm in pretty horrific ways and nearly got killed several times. She still has nightmares. When her grandkids ask her about the war she just tells them that she did her duty and killed many of the enemy, never goes into detail.

You haven't read either of these
Have you?

How is this even a thread

This is like asking "Do soldiers get PTSD?"
all armies will have soldiers that get PTSD

No because PTSD doesn't exist

Implying any survived

youtube.com/watch?v=4d9H_1ygEv8

Yup. The support these nva vets had was...well, it pretty rudimentary with some questionable practises but I think it's adequate. They have recreational area, TV, filling food, free medication abd plenty of cigs

janbanning.com/Gallery/Vietnam/#expanded

They can still win a war though apparently.

Any writings by North Vietnamese authors that outright denounce the war (and by extension Ho Chi Minh) as a waste of human life?

We all know that the war was deeply unpopular in America, was ever similar sentiments in North Vietnam (i.e. the war against South Vietnam was wrong/not justified in cost)?

Maybe around the time they were putting down the Khmer Rouge and getting invaded by China they may have come to this conclusion.

Never encountered much writing like that, I doubt you'll find that kind of sentiment among the North Vietnamese until like this user pointed out
Vietnam was getting involved in more conflict and their economy was utterly tanking. The author of this book here
Is something of a political dissident despite serving in volunteer female construction battalions during the American War (as the Vietnamese call it) and losing several friends. For her, that dissidence grew from the corruption and mismanagement of the VCP and how the human needs of many war veterans were never met, as this user pointed out
You have to understand that while Vietnam right now is doing very well, that was only after a radical change in thought brought about by the Doi Moi reforms and the fall of the USSR. This caused the VCP to go about re-branding themselves overnight to a strongly anti-imperialist/anti-capitalist party to one that openly encouraged foreign trade, revamping the tourist industry, and moving their economy in a direction similar to China.

There's also pic related. Though it's the Cambodian-Vietnamese war, it's basically right after the Vietnam war.

In Nguyen Thanh Nhan basically says the Cambodian-Vietnamese war was a role reversal of the Vietnam war.
He says Americans went into Vietnam trying to help, but everyone suffering, and Vietnam went into Cambodia to help, but everyone suffered.

>overthrew the Khmer Rouge
>everyone suffered
hmmmm

>hmmmm
Care to elaborate on what you're implying there you antiquated piece of farm equipment?
If it's anything other than "I obviously don't know much about this topic such as the average Cambodian civilian's reaction to the Vietnamese invasion" then you should shut the fuck up.

No housewives or mothers decrying their husbands and sons being sent to die by the droves in a war of Northern Aggression (pun intended) against the South?

>No, PTSD is strictly the disease of the modern pussified liberal Americans, real men don't suffer in such manners.
Has there been this inevitable standard reply from some autistic teenage Eastern European Walt yet? Can't be fucked reading the thread.

IT'S OVER CASTRIES/WESTMORELAND/ABRAMS/WEYAND I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND

No. Gooks have no soul and thus have no issues related to stress or egoistic matters.