OMG real talk

Ok firsly user lets be real for a second and actually take a step back and look at OMG without being brainless shills cheering your coin on because its pumping. I dont exactly want to come across as fud either but there's just some things that have to be said, we are a tiny board and we have no impact at all on a coin as big as OMG so lets actually look at this coin from a realist point of view okay?

It’s a coin driven on literally unbacked hype and their devs encourage it by taking pictures next to some google reception to imply they have more of a connection than they actually have.
Omise is a customer of google cloud (cloud.google.com/customers/omise/) not a partner simply a customer and you can see that by reading the article many big company's are customers of google cloud, this isn't exactly anything major and its worse noting this is to do with Omise not directly associated with their coin OmiseGO atall.

Tl:dr they had a opportunity infront of a google sign talking to some google employee drone.. not anyone relevant and they used it as a fucking photo shoot opportunity to get the rumor mill going and build hype I don't think anyone would disagree that is shady business.

As for the Apple shit it’s nothing more than a sticker on a skateboard that is shilled the living fuck out of by the team, it’s even in the lead dev profile picture ect.
Honestly I hope this one is actually true despite my suspicions.. because if it isn’t people are just going to completely lose trust in this coin instantly, they are directly implying it in so many ways shilling the fuck out of it and giving cryptic replies whenever they are asked if there is any partnership with Apple in the works that it is pretty much already priced in at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/27NqAwX
youtu.be/B1QCm09BvP4?t=1h6m45s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't you feel like everything about this coin is just purely built on hype and fomo, I mean I'm still holding OMG right now myself and it's made me massive returns but I'm starting to wonder what the fuck I'm actually investing in

It's a solid idea and has massive potential but it will take a long time to come to any worthy fruition, people are trying to play it too short term.

A payment processor/exchange system that will be able to run many more transactions per second than visa and is tied to a parent company that is a large and successful business?

Also youre blaming them for things that are hyped up by the community. Of course they post if they have a meeting with Google, it's the insane retards who spam it as if it's big news.

I didn't read any of that but I think that the self-shills have at least a little truth to them. They're working on something big, but it's doubtful that they're actually partnering with anyone.

I'm going for long term as well, I mean even with all the FUD here it won't stop me from selling. I don't think the team is "shady" as OP says, I mean they have a confident future that the project will do well.

Shills are going to shill, what if they just wanted to take a photo with Google?

Yeah definitely I'm totally agreeing with you that long term omg could be one of the big players. But this pump recently it just feels so artificial and it has the potential of doing way more harm than good to the brand if these rumors are proven false, no coin wants to be labeled a PnD.. just look at DGB.

So there's two ways to view this...

A lot of coins with promise sit and die while the community around them loses their hard-on for the project, simply because it's not 10x'ing their investment in 2 weeks...that's something that is common in the crypto-investor space, and can take the wind out of a project's sails-- no matter how promising it is or isn't.

The community(owners of a coin) often give shit to a project team for not building hype and giving updates, because they feel it's going to have their coin(Which is 1 of thousands at this point)fall off of the front page news.

So here we see, despite the actual quality or vision of a project coming into play-- there's an expressed desire from the holders to have the team constantly shilling their own shit.

What if-- now hear me out...

What if, a team provided the lip-service to their holders, and ALSO had a revolutionary product on their hands? That's possibly what we're seeing with OMISEgo.

Could be possible that the juggernaut is self-aware and knows it has a homerun product on it's hands, and is doing just about everything right in terms of publicity/marketing.

agreed, all this playing coy is starting to spook me, if I see one more fuckin winky face on twitter I'm pulling out.

Truth is that the whole crypto sphere is vastly vastly overvalued and everything will take much much longer than any 20yo here will be willing to hold.
The start-ups with a working or alpha phase product like Status Network Token are at the bottom and, on the other hand, mere fancy hyped ideas are all up. So for example, I like LINK, but this will take forever and ever until they have something more than 5 sandbox programmers will be accepting.

This

The problem is the use of weasel words like "relationship" and "partnership".
They're obviously making a conscious effort to create hype and pump the coin.

the fact that you compare it to DGB removes all credibility from you. you seem level headed and like an honest guy but that comparison couldnt be worse and really makes me question if you dont just want to spread FUD here.

DGB is a fucking joke, Omise is an actual company and even being labeled as a PnD wouldnt do anything to the brand they have already built up.

It's not just insane retards, they're INTENTIONALLY building hype around fucking apple and google logos ON PURPOSE
>but idiots are talking about the hype they're hinting at
OF COURSE THEY ARE. Omise are hinting at fucking relationships with APPLE and GOOGLE. It would take all of 30 fucking seconds to professional state that they are not in a business relationship with those companies but instead they fucking refuse to and fuel the hype OVER AND OVER AGAIN with more of the same "hints". I'm balls deep in OMG but blaming the community for reacting to their intentional hype is essentially victim blaming. They better fucking deliver if they want a clean reputation when the dust settles.

this, they have an actual business behind this and have a REAL marketing sector there. not like these other shitcoins where some autistic dev does the "marketing". they are simply doing it right.

Exactly this, sure they are allowed to take pictures at google but anyone who has looked at the tweet.. its pretty clear they are trying to hint at something bigger in the works.. use of the word partnership ect.

And I guarantee if they got their foot in the door of a big apple logo or another big name they would do the exact same shit.

This is the exact same shit people were saying about NEO when it was bouncing around $5.

What do you people get out of looking into and trying to shit on projects that you haven't bought into?

Are you just bored?

so much OMG fud lol, people are comfy af in the OMG discord rn

discord.gg/27NqAwX

when did they mislead people ? the McDonalds thing was real and the Apple rumours were never pushed by them, that was simply a retarded Veeky Forums theory because of a fucking skateboard.

I think a massive PnD would ruin the reputation of a good coin actually, artificial growth is always bad. Sorry that I ruined your opinion of me by using DGB but it was obvious first example that came to my mind, I cant think of PnD without thinking about DGB

I agree I think OMG has great potential but I really dislike their marketing strategies. Do they work? Probably yeah, but it's distasteful IMO.

I like BAT's approach which is ZERO bullshit, just releases news when it's out, zero hype or misleading shit.

Can you give me the link? Don't know how to use that short url

can you post an screencap image of what the link looks like for you? it should seem to work, all you do is paste it into your browser and press enter. here you go lmao

discord.gg/27NqAwX

I'm retarded and didn't realize you only needed the http in front of it. I have the discord app on my phone and usually just click on the link to join the discord.

Thank you anyway, have a rare pepe my friend.

Link isn't working for me, anyone else have trouble ?

ayylmao

screencap what the link looks like on Veeky Forums and post it here. you're either banned or in too many discord server, or someone is messing with the link. the server has over +2100 people so i mean i dont see how the link wouldnt work

Thank you skeleton

it took me so long to get verified that i lost out at $2. then my limits were shit so i missed out more.
oh well i'll be ready for the next big thing

They never started any of these bullshit rumors going around, it's you fucking retarded NEETS here that take the slightest little logo or hint and shill it into some massive rumor that then spreads around.

>infront of a google sign
that is the Google sign in Google's main office in Bangkok. What do you think they did there if not discuss some sort of partnership (with Omise not OmiseGO ofc)? Do you think they just stopped by for a coffee because they are a customer?

And what exactly is wrong with the co-founder of Omise tweeting that? Or do you imply that after launching OmiseGo none of the Omise team members can tweet anything ever about their own company (I mean Omise) because some idiot who has invested $100 in OMG immediately considers it "shilling" to raise the value of the OMG token. Even when it had nothing to do with OMG, there was no mention of OMG and OmiseGo did not even retweet it.

They also shot down the Apple rumor and it was based purely on a fucking sticker on a skateboard. This skateboard picture has been Jun's profile picture on twitter long before OMG even had its ICO. Maybe he just likes Apple. he can put whatever he wants on his own Skateboard.

Let the team work and stop constantly harassing them and looking for things to start a rumor about. They have more important things to deal with than worry about baseless rumors started by some random retards.

Anybody with half a brain can see that OMG is a top 5 coin anyway.

THANK YOU SKELETON

I'm in OMG because it's backed by a reputable payment processing firm and not some group of literally who Uzbek basement programmers.
Its the blue chip of crypto. Comfy gains

Fuck you skeleton. I don't "invest" in pumpndump cryptoshit.

ty $$ skelly

You guys do realize that once google finalizes their partnership with Omise - the parent company that confirmed today they intend to use omisego as their platform - WILL TURN OMG INTO SOMETHING BIGGER THAN BITCOIN?

hold until 2018 or prepare to see a shrink for the PTSD.

I see what you mean OP.
I mean just look at that clear downtrend.
OmG=total shitcoin

>They never started any of these bullshit rumors going around
Go ahead and ask if they are partnering with Apple right now you still wont get a straight No, infact you'll probably get the trademark winky face or some apple emojis as they tend to do. They might not directly start EVERY rumor but they sure love to add fuel to the fire.

>They also shot down the Apple rumor and it was based purely on a fucking sticker on a skateboard.

Simply just not true, there has never been a straight answer from OMG regarding it which is something you think they would make a point to address since it's asked 1000 times a day, Also that skateboard has appeared in several photoshoots always making sure the apple logo has been in sight, even in pictures with vitalik and it's something far beyond simply a biz meme. Also I currently have 1.8k OMG not $100 worth and have had as much as 8k at one point, also not a NEET quit the projecting.

last night i was reading about this shit and realized i have absolutely no fucking clue what it does or why it's useful but it just keeps going up so i haven't bothered selling it

the apple sticker stuff is super unprofessional

The thread is about the future of that graph, not the present.
Its quite clear we all have made a lot of money off OMG, but there has been many graphs in the past that looked like that and it ended badly. What were seeing right now could be the same as looking at Neo when it was 0.013 sats, it looked unstoppable then too. But there is always a peak and always a time to sell to make profit, coins simply don't move like that forever and the faster it moons the more dangerous of an investment it becomes.
We are realistically years away from omisego product being realized yet this could very easily be simply a hype bubble just like neo's

Okay basically it boils down to: Why do they Hype their coin so much???

I can think of 2 explanations.

1: classic PnD. Rather simple and not really grat long term.

2: corp. PnD. Omise is a private Company. Through it's sub OmiseGo they own a lot of OMG (40 Million not issued yet). Now imagine a payment Company wants to expand into SEA (booming market for the forseeable future). Also Payment Cos are actively looking into Crypto (Visa searching Blockchain-Dev / Mastercard EEA Announcement). Now you could hit 2 birds with one stone by buying Omise (probably in part).
This would lead to Omise owners (Jun & co) to pump the price of OMG to high heavens because it directly increases Omises netvalue and price a potential buyer would need to pay.

Except NEO went through a healthy correction and then was affected by China ico ban and btc tanking all at once and is now in the process of recovery.
Sounds pretty unstoppable to me

Fine I can agree that the apple sticker was stupid because they should have thought what kind of effect it would have before posting the photos.

But I don't see anything wrong with the google thing

I hold a significant amount of OMG too so the last thing I want is some pump and dump shilling

Lol dumb faggot neets thinking they know more marketing than omise. FUCKING TOP KEK. stay salty, faggots. Omg will be $50 a month from now

>Its a coin driven on unbacked hype
No. Go fucking do some research before you post shit here

>Already an established payment gateway company
>Jun states omisego, omise, facepay will merge
>Facepay to be used at ~240 Mcd's locations in thailand
>Facepay in use/test trials at Ministry of finance in thailand
>Met with central bank in thailand to discuss future opportunities
>Backed by money skeleton
>Will be using plasma until their own blockchain is finished. Plasma allows billions of transactions a second
>Every transaction that goes through omise/facepay/omisego will add to the value to omisego's price.
>Omise the parent company already has ties with visa and google

This is just the start. Seriously how retarded can you be at this point. Even though this is just a retarded fud thread probably created by a no coiner.

Neo was a prime example of all hype no future bullshit.
Omisego had more going for it before it even was fucking created compared to every other coin out there but nah you just keep focusing on the "omisego" hype and stay blind to the bigger picture. Even with the end product still being in development this has more promise then 90% of coins out there.

>Its all fake hype pump and dump reee!
Your kind isn't welcome here

IIRC their tokens will be locked for 2 years so they would not gain anything at all from this because there is no way the token would maintain a high value for 2 years on "empty hype". I mean they raised only 25M in the ICO when they had interest for 100M, it shows they are not greedy.

I think they want to increase awareness of OMG to get a big community and many possible validators for then network

I don't believe they are shilling or hyping it on purpose.

Friendly reminder that omigse go has published no code and only has an error-riddled whitepaper consisting of repetitive grandiose claims about a system that does not exist.

Neo dropped to under half of it's peak way before the ICO ban was even close to a thing that's not healthy and that's not unstoppable that's fomo and hype overbought to hell and pumped way too high.

It was pumped up by purely hype there was actually little to zero news back then to warrant it apart from "chinese ethereum" and the rebranding.

uhm. you really should read what i wrote...
take no.2 and try to compute, with your obvious limited capabilities, what it would mean to OMG prices when a Big Company buys in?

I doubt that there's an Apple partnership, but we do know that this is true
> The new, leaked iPhone has a built-in face recognition system
> Apple is pushing for usage of apps that includes face recognition
> There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of apps that uses their face recognition system in the future, and Omise & OmiseGO is one of them
That's fact, now here's the speculation
> Maybe there is some actualy, direct link between Apple and Omise & OmiseGO
> Maybe they do have something more special together than what I posted above
> If this is true, it's obvious why the devs are so vague and even denied the claims-- they signed a NDA

Stop fucking telling people everything let the retards be retards and let us accumulate

I agree you can lead a camel to water but you can make it drink f the camels

I think the hype has nothing to do with google or apple, and people who do hype based on that are just joking.

An external buyer would probably pay the market price regardless of lockup period.
Example: Visa calls JUN and says it wants to buy 25% of omise (the parent co) for 300 mill.
JUN starts laughing and points to his future OMG gainz. Also he says that Amex called 2 days earlier with an offer twice as high.

My main point is: it is not mindless pumping and dumping, but more of a carefully executed plan, which if it works will make OMGBagholders(me too) a lot of money (in due time).

or maybe just maybe the other 50 things going for it currently and fudsters just keep jacking off the apple rumor like everyone's only buying due to that bullshit

This is the winner for you OP. I think the reason people are so skeptical of OMG is that they are used to a sea of fucking shitcoins ran by a bunch of start up-tier employees who haven't actually ran a company and follow traditional marketing and strategic practices an established company would engage in if they were dipping their toes into crypto
>hire consultants (ETH boys) very familiar with the technology
>hire finance advisors who understand markets and how to manage the price of something to avoid PnD situations
>slowly bring customers into the fold and only post about partnerships when they're real, that McD tweet that dumb anons here FUD'd had the CEO of McDonalds Thailand, Hester Chew, in that picture at Omise headquarters. Nobody even looked that up
>meet with your regulating body (National Bank of Thailand) before you bring the product to market
TLDR: The crypto market is so used to a bunch of shitcoin nonsense, they are predetermined to just see OMG as another shitcoin instead of the real potential it actually is

If anyone of you watched today live stream, the OmiseGo team made a good point of why Omise created their coin.

Youre full of shit
I refuse to believe Anyone could dump that much money into omg and still make posts like this

Do you not do actual research into the products you invest in? Do you just dump thousands into an Investment and let dumb fuck fudders influence your opinion?

Huur duur Its overhyped pump and dump muh ten threads per hour on Biz muh enthustiastic team members are scammers muh apple rumors that literally NO ONE outside of reddit and Veeky Forums care about muh I'm really smart and not fudding pls believe me

People take pictures of everything and overshare. Its you and a lot of other faglords that are saying they implied it was something more than that.

And that is?

>he says as he acknowledges the information and bumps the thread

why mad nocoiner?

youtu.be/B1QCm09BvP4?t=1h6m45s

Too lazy to type it, im not going to shill it to you, watch the video and make your own decision.
I recommend watching it at 1.25x speed. Also their Q&A at the end is quite informative.

When is it going to dip again? Sold my stack

why would you retards hold a coin that MIGHT see 30 dollars by the end of the year? wow a 3x gain. There are solid coins that are much more undervalued and can 3x in one night. I.E. walton

>selling OMG

*ding ding ding!

Those are literally P&D coins. OMG is great for long term.

Yup so many people have this mentally cucked attitude that when something potentially great comes along they can't see it. It very well might be nothing with apple but there is good enough reason to suspect there is, yet people don't even accept the possibility because they are so used to being cucked daily. We OMbros are gonna make it

>huur gotta get that 10x every week
Fuck off newfag
Let the door hit you on the way out as well

fuck off op, ombros to the moon

joseph poon is /ourguy/

Shitting on tripling your money
welcome to special ed.

they won't deliver. that's why i'm using this coin for rocket fuel for my main holds - when idiots realize that they're sketchy as hell for intentionally fueling hype with erroneous or flat out false statements... this shit will crash to the depths of the mariana trench

not even fudding - currently holding over 50k OMG and will dump when the time is right. make no mistake, this is NOT a long term hold based on the CEOs behavior

wtf i meant 5k ** lol

>This is the exact same shit people were saying about NEO when it was bouncing around $5.

when neo was at 4%, it was just a little over 1/6 of OMG's current market cap

buying into omg now is like buying into neo at like $25

>not profit taking at points of resistance

What ceo? You think Jun is the ceo?
And where's the flat out wrong statements?

Fucking fudder
You probably own .5 omg
Whenever someone says "huur I'm not a shit posting retard I have thousands invested in this pls believe me" I automatically dismiss them as a brain dead dumb cunt
Stop posting any time