Dude

Dude..

Dude what if we..

Now just hear me out dude what if we...

Like we could literally, I mean dude just think...

What if we launched tens of thousands of thermonuclear bomb operated gamma ray lasers into high orbit?

Other urls found in this thread:

econlog.econlib.org/archives/2015/03/the_prevalence_1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reagan America was best America. 1980's America was the best place that anybody could hope to live in all of human history.

>Van Halen plays

It would be fucking awesome.
Too bad the god damned limp dick liberals will never let it happen Mr President.

What would it accomplish?

*cue the most epic laser light show of LITERALLY all time*

Dude... it's obvious.

It would make Lockmart and Grumman tons of money

Dude you're not listening.
LASERS
in SPACE
Dude we could even call it Star Wars how fucking awesome would that be!

It wasnt that great, I was there.
But its certainly a far sight better than right now

Mr. President, we are not recording one of your shitty films

I thought Star Wars was built on firing small missiles whose purpose is to intercept and destroy ICBMs.

Put a cork in it dude you're being a total buzzkill right now.

>DUDE 600 SHIPS LMAO
>ALSO BRING BACK THE BATTLESHIPS

What did he mean by this?

>ALSO BRING BACK THE BATTLESHIPS
At least that's one thing I can get behind. Now get to researching laser tech so we can convert the battleship's main guns into shock cannons

What he meant was so so much sweet tax payer money funneled to the arms industry guys who funded his campaign. Same as every president since and probably before aswell.

Top Reagan cooks!
Top Reagan swings!
He's got the looks!
Top Reagan, he's the king!
*guitar solo*

he meant to put the fear of god into communism, and he dun did it

When did America lose it's optimism and strength of belief in the Constitution?

Victory disease. To twist a Trump quote, America is "tired of winning." More specifically, after the Cold War, America has won a load of empty victories in shitholes like Bosnia or Iraq (round 1) and the national spirit is starting decay without something to unify the nation like the threat of fascism or communism

P A N A M A
A
N
A
M
A

It was mental enough when Bush jr briefly suggested to make it a thing again, with a Lunar base even
The complete disconnection between how unpractical and costly it'd be and how fucking cool is sounds is what makes it so stupidly awesome

the virgin shitpost

the Chad insight

Alternatively the leftwing scum who have taken over your universities and have spent decades indoctrinating your youth are starting to take their toll more and more

the idiot vatniks believed it kek

It'd work.

The 80s look so comfy and full of optimism and hope and prosperity, at least compared to the depressing ass 70s.
REDUX When???

More like BRING BACK NAVAL MINES

>leftwing scum
>have taken over ... universities
Are you really such a fringe cretin that you think centrists are "leftwing scum"?

>Reagan was a vocal critic of the doctrine of mutual assured destruction (MAD), which he described a "suicide pact". In his 1983 speech, he called upon the scientists and engineers of the United States to develop a system that would render nuclear weapons obsolete. SDI was an important part of his defense policy, intended to end MAD as a nuclear deterrence strategy. A wide array of advanced weapon concepts, including lasers,[2][3] particle beam weapons and ground- and space-based missile systems were studied, along with various sensor, command and control, and high-performance computer systems that would be needed to control a system consisting of hundreds of combat centers and satellites spanning the entire globe. A number of these concepts were tested through the late 1980s, and follow-on efforts and spin-offs continue to this day.

>academia
>center

>academia
>centrists

econlog.econlib.org/archives/2015/03/the_prevalence_1.html

Imagine being a leftist: you think your idea is truly dangerous, challenging to status quo, yet stating leftists opinions comes at no cost in terms of social capital, and leftists are openly welcomed in academia. Cognitive dissonance at its best.

FURTHERMORE I CONSIDER THAT THE USSR MUST BE DESTROYED

>Reagan was a vocal critic of the doctrine of mutual assured destruction (MAD), which he described a "suicide pact".

Yeah, that was the fucking point. That's why it's called MUTUALLY assured destruction, that you can't do it without fucking yourself.

literally overall is 5%,when concerning the most saturated department it is only 18%

Dude let's call it STAR WARS dude...

> yfw the russians took the bait
but how many space weapons were actually developed? I know about anti-satellite missiles and not much more

According to the wikipedia page I just read various offshoots of the SDI are still in the works at DARPA.

My guess is that the risks of delivering ICBMS via satellite is far too risky, since the warhead would be exposed to exospheric debris and radiation and if they blew up it would cause a EMP wave that would destroy electronics and saturate the world in nuclear radiation.

The military uses satellites mostly for surveillance, which probably has its roots in the SDI