EQUFAX IS DONE FOR

FIAT BTFO

MASSIVE HACK OF EQUIFAX, EXPOSING THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER, SSN, DRIVER'S LISCENCE, ADDRESS of 44% OF THE US

STOCK CRASHING

GET COMFY LADS

investor.equifax.com/news-and-events/news/2017/09-07-2017-213000628
usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/07/credit-reporting-giant-equifax-says-cyber-breach-could-affect-143-m-u-s-consumers/643679001/https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1617756645cd53588f08f733dd136e8327d7b7ac/c=245-0-4012-2832&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2017/09/07/USATODAY/USATODAY/636404065567217608-AP-Equifax-Cyberattack.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/markets/status/905917693869641729
marketwatch.com/story/equifax-executives-sold-stock-after-data-breach-before-informing-public-2017-09-07
medium.com/@CodyBrown/how-to-lose-8k-worth-of-bitcoin-in-15-minutes-with-verizon-and-coinbase-com-ba75fb8d0bac
youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6-VLpWgRo
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-revealing-cyber-hack
reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yqnwv/three_equifax_managers_sold_stock_before_cyber/dmpg5hs/?context=3
reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yqam1/equifax_data_leak_hits_nearly_half_of_the_us/dmpdtuz/?context=3
reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yqnwv/three_equifax_managers_sold_stock_before_cyber/dmpgh2k/?context=3
reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yq5b8/credit_reporting_firm_equifax_says_data_breach/dmpg6e1/?context=3
theworknumber.com/samples/The-Work-Number-Employment-Data-Report-EFX-WS-0205-11-21-14.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MANAGEMENT SOLD ALL THEIR STOCK BEFORE THE HACK WAS REVEALED

CFO DUMPED ALL HIS STOCK

THEY'RE ALL GOING TO JAIL BIG TIME

STOCK CRASHING

twitter.com/markets/status/905917693869641729

SELL SELL SELL

welp. time to get fucked burgers

CREDIT BTFO
FIAT BTFO
JEWS BTFO
CRYPTO WINS ONCE AGAIN

> file credit inquiry with Equifax to verify I wasn't a victim of credit card fraud
> get all my info doxxed

JUST

>tfw not a burger
Feels good mayne

>The breach was discovered July 29.

what the fuck took them so long to act?

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

Getting the 'Trump is finished' vibe

its not over

The executives had to sell off all their stock.
No shit.

>> file credit inquiry with Equifax to verify I wasn't a victim of credit card fraud
>> get all my info doxxed
Unbelievable, I mean really, how the hell would they get hacked so easy considering all the information they're holding. I'm willing to bet all the info is encrypted somehow, r-right g-guys? RIGHT?

plaintext notepad file, password is CEO's birthday

THIS WORLD IS RUN ON INCOMPETENCY

HOW CAN YOU TRUST BANKS, CREDIT AGENCIES, ANYTHING LIKE THAT WITH YOUR INFORMATION? HOLDING CRYPTO AND MOVING OFF THE FUCKING GRID

What a fucking bunch of Jewish crooks

BUY FACTOM NOW

FACTOM PREVENTS THIS KIND OF SHIT

What's amazing is that to be a "good" CEO or run a company you have are supposed to be smart.
The "smart" people running this world are all fucking retards.
Well, ignorance or malice.

It's like they all bullshit their way through or have ulterior motives. I'm willing to bet they sold high and will buy back low, if they don't end up in jail for securities fraud.

was it Russian hackers?

But what does this really mean?

Something tells me this timeline is going in my favor.

it means your credit card information is in the hands of Kim now

could this have been avoided with blockchain technology

Yes but it could also have be pre-avoided if the fucking piece of paper known as a social security card wasn't an official "identification" card

It means that those fucking pajeets are going to try to fuck everyone that had their shit leaked in the ass, those insectoid chinks as well.

yup, because the only vulnerable spot in crypto is your private key, which isn't going to be hosted on some massive conglomerate's server.

crypto needs 2 factor auth desu

I hope you all realize this is the american version of the Greek banking crisis.

People are going to move to Crypto to secure their funds using crypto backed cards that don't require an SSN and platforms like SALT that allow them to take loans against them.

Like holy fucking shit you don't understand how huge this is for Crypto.

Debt record erased to zero.

Reposess your soul!

the people who actually run the world aren't stupid, they're sociopaths and value personal gain beyond maintaining their position/office/integrity

i just wish my bank had actual fucking 2fa support

not this fucking "we will send a text to your phone number" shit, since anyone who knows your name can get your phone number/

>mfw I have no debt because I'm fiscally responsible

>No 2fa

When will they learn.

>implying I don't use superior TenX crypto cards.

U missed out on Yo chayance ta get witch yo

marketwatch.com/story/equifax-executives-sold-stock-after-data-breach-before-informing-public-2017-09-07

>Trumptards and lolbertarians will defend this

Stock cucks just got BTFO.

What? You need to receive the text message. You phone number isnt enough.

I've never used Equfax, but how can I tell if my data's compromised?

hahahahah wow

They can walk into T-Mobile and say "hi, I'm Jack Bizbro, I lost my phone with my sim card in it. I have this other phone as a backup but I still need me sim card. Can I please buy another sim card but keep the same number I had before? Okay thanks!"

And then when they want to steal from your bank account, they will receive the text message - not you.

Read this:
medium.com/@CodyBrown/how-to-lose-8k-worth-of-bitcoin-in-15-minutes-with-verizon-and-coinbase-com-ba75fb8d0bac

Phone-number-based 2FA is really insecure. And even if you get lucky and the person working at Verizon actually asks for the last four digits of your SSN, an attacker could easily have those digits from this Equifax hack.

It's still better than not having 2FA at all, but you really want something more secure than a phone number. That's why crypto exchanges support authy or google authenticator.

Also, the information lost is enough for a hacker to open up bank accounts in your name and probably also claim your tax returns, so try to turn on 2FA for that if possible. Someone at work told it could be done and I haven't looked up how yet.

I'm laughing so hard at the moment.

The agency that manage the debt slave population of america...

They don't protect well their fucking data...

The top management sell their fucking stocks before the announcement...

America is not only producing good TV shows, it is a good TV show.

America's not a country, it's just a Veeky Forumsness. Now fuckin' PAY ME!

youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6-VLpWgRo

So are these guys gonna go to jail for insider trading since apparently everyone knows what they did... or....?

>The trio had not yet been informed of the incident, the company said.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-revealing-cyber-hack

Wow, what a coincidence!

>Your enrollment date for Trusted Premiere is xx/xx

my question is - these guys are fairly successful CEO types, many years of industry experience and exposure. How the fuck did they think nobody would notice? Or are they so brazen that they simply don't give a fuck and believe they won't ever see the inside of a courthouse because 'muh corporatocracy'?

>Or are they so brazen that they simply don't give a fuck and believe they won't ever see the inside of a courthouse because 'muh corporatocracy'?
What do you think? It's America.

DO NOT ENROLL IN TRUSTED PREMIER

PART OF THE USER AGREEMENT IS YOU CANNOT SUE THEM FOR ANY LOSSES

Fucked up thing is it doesn't matter if you've used it. Financial institutions send them your info. 50-50 chance your personal information got hacked from someone you never explicitly gave it to.

>Offering Trusted Premiere FREE (*only for 1 year)
>Enrolling in Trusted Premiere waives your right to sue
>Checking if your data was compromised auto enrolls you in the program

I just wanted to see if my info was exposed, it didn't give any fucking notice of such a term, am I already fucked or can I just not finish the enrollment process and join in with any class action that takes place?

"hacked" it was probably sold, not hacked.

This is actually a good idea

CEO has all passwords same as his ashley madison info, no 2fa

>that moment you realize most CEOs and people in positions of power are pleb tier brainlets
>tfw it doesn't matter if you're smart - most success in life is aggregate of familial generational wealth and opportunity

You're fucked user. We'll all be driving lambos after the class action and you'll be holding your bags.

Eh, I'm not worried. I could be dead instead.

>CRYPTO WINS ONCE AGAIN

-coinbase
-digital currency group
-larry summers
-treasury secretary for clinton

Last time I checked you needed all the forms of identification you needed for a bank to open a coinbase account.

>JEWS BTFO

-coinbase
-digital currency group
-larry summers

>FIAT BTFO

-coinbase
-digital currency group
-larry summers

>CREDIT BTFO

-coinbase
-digital currency group
-larry summers

You see how it is all the same circle user?

Crypto the new boss....just like the old boss

You lose your soul again.

Fuck em, I'm pretty sure that if I never clicked anything saying "I agree to the terms of service" they can't pull a fast one like this otherwise every other company on the planet wouldn't make you click something saying you agreed.

nice schizoposting you fucking mong

There goes my 401k

FUCK

>muh normiebase
>localbitcoins isn't a thing
>trading gift cards for crypto isn't a thing
>bitcoin atms aren't a thing
>thinking crypto is centralized and using one fiat onramp/offramp as your entire argument
Brainlet nocoiner detected.

wut

You don't like alt leftists facts?

Exchanges have been hacked multiple times user. Nothing is safe from the Koreans.

Well, I'm sure it will cause eth to tank...

Which is why I don't keep crypto on exchanges for lengthy periods and even during short periods its only a small fraction of my stack. Crypto is entirely about decentralization and being your own bank if you're trusting a 3rd party to secure your shit you're a fool.

they set up some website to check i think. becareful obviously.

do NOT check using Equifax's website. Part of the user agreement is you will never sue them.

just read that in thread good catch user, didnt realize.

Im getting slammed on these trying to promote Cryptos. I need some upvotes!!

reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yqnwv/three_equifax_managers_sold_stock_before_cyber/dmpg5hs/?context=3 reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yqam1/equifax_data_leak_hits_nearly_half_of_the_us/dmpdtuz/?context=3

reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yqnwv/three_equifax_managers_sold_stock_before_cyber/dmpgh2k/?context=3

reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6yq5b8/credit_reporting_firm_equifax_says_data_breach/dmpg6e1/?context=3

Help!

>muh localfedcoins cause muh normiebase was infested with leftists
>gift cards help the fed meet inflation targets
>bitcoin atms love fees and love to track you
>crypto is centralized and pretending it's not because it shatterz your whole ideology doesn't change that fact

Huge brainwashed leftists coinfag detected

Don't you have some more alt coin memes to create?

How else will you be able to bid rig papa bitcoin to the moon?

>crypto allows you to evade bank controls
>crypto allows you to evade payment processing controls
>crypto allows everyone that gets blacklisted for unacceptable political views to still send money around
>MUH FED COIN, THIS IS TOTALLY THEIR OWN DOING TO REDUCE THEIR OWN CONTROL
No help for people retarded as you I'm afraid, you're a useful idiot.

you nocoiners are going to turn insane when BTC reaches $10k

Holy fuck reddit is fucking retarded

Honest question, is this as high of a risk with a phone provider with no brick and mortar stores?

normies cant handle the truth.

I'm not helping you. The later the normies come, the later come stricter regulations. We need as much time as we can get.

I already did
Am I fucked?

My bet is that this bullshit won't stand in court, they didn't even make us click anything saying we agreed to the ToS. Also you could always say your girlfriend/wife/parent/whatever checked for you and you didn't yourself, how would they know?

I honestly don't know.

In theory, they don't even have to go to B&M if they can call up and say their using their friend's phone and please send them a SIM / activate their new SIM with your number? I don't know if places would have policies in place to check if your SIM was actually being used or if their customer service reps would just give them what they asked for to get them off the phone.

Regardless of whether it's a brick and mortar place, you're trusting them to keep your phone number secure.

banks and courts are the same people so they will side with the bank for making the effort of putting the notice that they probably had a legal expert approve beforehand

It really pissed me off when GDAX forced 2FA on phones, I used to have it on my PC which is obviously more secure than a phone that can be social engineered. Immediately pulled the small trading stack I had on there.
Equifax isn't a bank, ToS have been tossed before, and any lawyer handling the class action would be a very high profile lawyer getting millions. This shit won't fly.

equifax isn't a bank, they are a credit institution. They are the people that tell banks if it's a good idea to give you a loan for a car or house.

so with all my credit cards what can we do? I don't think all my credit card logins allow 2FA. And what about my school grants, people can apply for and steal my Pell now? I mainly use Experian and had all the account protection stuff set up on there including identity theft protection but does that do anything to protect the things leaked from Equifax?

Is this a good time to buy Equifax stock?

We all know the company is too big to fail, so when people get over "muh privacy" and the stock inevitably recovers, we could make bank.

nah

short that shit until it stops dropping

>2FA
You should be more worried about this on any crypto exchange accounts you have. Particularly as anything that happens won't be able to be rolled back whereas with credit cards nearly every company will pay off charges if you contest them within 30 days.
>credit cards
Mainly monitor them, immediately call if anything pops up you didn't do.
>school grants
Not too knowledgeable about this one honestly.
>does identity theft help at all
It helps a bit because you should still receive the regular alerts if someone tries to do something in your name for instance.

Yeah I have 2FA set up on all my crypto accounts and email accounts already since I started dealing with big money. Thanks for info tho I dont feel much safer

Short it, it won't recover that quickly. I'd say a large chunk of people won't even find out about this till tomorrow at work.

do not catch falling knife. Wait for bottom

Does anyone know if their employment history database got breached as well? That would be the really scary thing; far more than the credit database.

Here's a sample report from their employment history system:
theworknumber.com/samples/The-Work-Number-Employment-Data-Report-EFX-WS-0205-11-21-14.pdf

* Wage history
* Deductions
* Insurance info
* job performance evaluations
* Workman's comp claims

And much more; very helpful in identifying targets.

>Yeah I have 2FA set up on all my crypto accounts and email accounts already since I started dealing with big money.
Keep most of your holdings in private wallets, particularly if you do have a lot of money in this.

They've not said that it wasn't breached so I'm just going to assume it has been. Doesn't really hurt to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if its not quite that bad.

OK, I wanna know: what should I do now? I have 4 credit cards for the last year, I been building up my credit after years of a low score and no credit card use, I am now at 650 and I am trying to break the 700 wall, I don't wanna get my score fucked up again after defaulting and being dumb with my first and last credit card a decade ago in college, so what do i gotta do to stay safe...?

Yeah, good luck getting more than 20 bux from the class action

If you live in CA; it looks like they might have exceeded the deadline for notifying you of the data leak. I think the penalty for not notifying you is to pay you $3k instead.

It might be time to read up on that law, and how to file claims.

Just do a credit freeze

Who cares, let them rot

>non-coiners

greed knows no bounds

FUCK OFF SHIT COIN SHILL, YOU GUYS RUINED Veeky Forums. LEAVE THE ONE AND ONLY Veeky Forums RELATED THREAD ALONE BITCH.

This affects crypto traders too as they can use the info to try to use social engineering to get into our exchange accounts.