General Architecture and Art Thread

General Architecture and Art Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanities
edition.cnn.com/travel/gallery/nanjing-porcelain-tower/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcelain_Tower_of_Nanjing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this when I am supposed to start posting pics of brutalist and bahaus architecture and go off on a tangent about why these styles are much superior to classic ones?

No it's where you're supposed to go to /int/ if you wanna do that shit, please you fucking waste of space, no thing built in the least 50 years please

Now fuck off forever you waste of space

If you want, but I'd prefer you didn't.

LITERALLY saw a presentation on Isfahan yesterday what the fuck
Its called the pavillion of 40 columns because the reflection doubles the 20 columns

I just saw the picture on a thread yesterday, googled it, and read the same thing.
Abbas II seems like a cool guy.

This is also at Isfahan, Sheikh Lotfolla Mosque

Lol, I watched a video in my Middle Eastern architecture class and it had a lot to do with Abbas. Isfahan has a prominent Jewish community that is said to have been put there Cyrus the great but most scholars believe they arrived there during Sassanid times. There's also a large Armenian Christian community in the city and they have a really nice basillica

I just realized the video mentioned palace of Ardeshir aswell...as an example of Sassanian domed buildings

I hate you, ban him mods, it's not historic, please for fuck's sake I want him banned

The Castle of Zafra is a 12th-century castle located in the municipality of Campillo de Dueñas, in Guadalajara, Spain. Built by the Kingdom of Aragon in the late 12th or early 13th centuries on a sandstone outcrop in the Sierra de Caldereros, it stands on the site of a former Visigothic and Moorish fortification that fell into Christian hands in 1129. It had considerable strategic importance as a virtually impregnable defensive work on the border between Christian and Muslim-ruled territory. The castle was never conquered and was successfully defended against the King of Castile in the 13th century. The successful completion of the Reconquista at the end of the 15th century ended its military significance. Although it fell into ruin in the following centuries, since 1971 it has progressively been restored by its private owners. It can be visited with permission from the owners.
Looks like shit to be honest.

oy buddy, I was only pulling your leg, take it easy.

Not everyone is out to get you. There isnt a post-modernist behind every tree.

Wat Phra Kaew[, commonly known in English as the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and officially as Wat Phra Si Rattana Satsadaram, is regarded as the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand. The Emerald Buddha housed in the temple is a potent religio-political symbol and the protective image of Thai society. It is located in Phra Nakhon District, the historic centre of Bangkok, within the precincts of the Grand Palace.

Holy shit, what's that picture? Breddy gud senpai.

dont know actually, found it in a thread, reverse image search gives me nothing.

The GOD tier

Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchawaramahawihan or Wat Arun is a Buddhist temple in Bangkok Yai district of Bangkok, Thailand, on the Thonburi west bank of the Chao Phraya River. The temple derives its name from the Hindu god Aruna, often personified as the radiations of the rising sun. Wat Arun is among the best known of Thailand's landmarks and the first light of the morning reflects off the surface of the temple with pearly iridescence. Although the temple had existed since at least the seventeenth century, its distinctive spires were built in the early nineteenth century during the reign of King Rama II.
Yeah, same. That's why I asked. Shame.

This was actually built in 1915, in California.
Why.

Painting of the same building.

Good thread.

Albrecht Dürer - Selbstbildnis mit Landschaft (1498)

The Bauhaus in Dessau

Castel del Monte

>brutalism
>post-modernist
I understand if you want to have a historical architecture thread but please don't be this architecturally illiterate

Friedensreich Hundertwasser - Grüne Stadt (Green City)

Himeji Castle

Karl Friedrich Schinkel - Landschaft mit Pilger (Landscape with Pilgrim)

Cologne Cathedral in 1900

Teotihuacan

delet this

Florence

Aggstein Castle.
Very nice.

ugly and not history

not history
ugly and not history

cool, but not history retard

"General Architecture and Art Thread."
Don't click on it if you don't like it.

Fortress ruin Hohentwiel, Singen, Germany

Ban him mods

Another view

The ruins of Montfort Castle in Israel, a castle built by the Teutonic Order after the First Crusade.
Forgot pic.

Forgot the image

Why? "and humanities"

>The humanities include ancient and modern languages, literature, philosophy, geography, history, religion,[4] art and musicology.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanities

Vincent Willem van Gogh - Souvenir de Mauve (Reminiscence of Mauve)

The Tomb of Bibi Jawindi is one of the five monuments in Uch Sharif, Punjab, Pakistan, that are on the tentative list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Dating to the 15th century, the shrine was built in 1493 by an Iranian prince, Dilshad, for Bibi Jawindi, who was the great-granddaughter of Jahaniyan Jahangasht, a famous Sufi saint.
I really don't like modern architecture either, but it's not against the rules and it's not off-topic for the thread. Suck it up and post something you like instead.

It makes me so fucking angry...

Kukulcán-Pyramid, Chichén Itzá

This is a modern reconstruction( or "reinvention") of "Nanjing Porcelain Tower".

Story behind this if anyone interested about it.
edition.cnn.com/travel/gallery/nanjing-porcelain-tower/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcelain_Tower_of_Nanjing

This is what it used to look like according to Europeans.

Looks like a mix of Persian and Mughal architecture

What's that from?

that some Junji Ito "Uzumaki" shit.

The Parc Monceau in Paris, you might recognize some of it from Claude Monet's paintings, like this bridge for instance
It's a beautiful romantic garden

OBLIGATORY!

Looks like he never painted that bridge, I apologize. I don't know why but I really thought someone painted it

>hurr you took two different movement decades apart from two different academic fields and smashed them together, which makes your bait bad and you dumb.
yeah because trolling is an art.

>& humanities

Schönberg's paintings are neat

No, this is where you post a few modern and postmodern buildings and then have to defend yourself from stucco fans rabidly screaming "IT'S UGLY!!!!"