HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Just stumbled on this shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlord_embroidery

The literal embodiement of Britain's never ending butthurt and obsession with France as a result of the 1066 conquest

You literally CANNOT make this shit up

> make an embroidery of a great battle, hard won
> somehow this is a bad thing
Obsessed.

More like

>still butthurt about 1066
>think of D-Day as a revenge invasion of Normandy
>have a tapestry made about D-Day with specific requirment to make it bigger than the Bayeux one

You're projecting your own insecurities. Brits see the Normans in a positive light, and emulating the Bayeaux tapestry is an act of historical reverence, not some misplaced hatred of the French.

>Brits see the Normans in a positive light

thanks for the laugh OP

This
It was the first time Britain fought a real enemy so they felt like immortalizing it
I mean, OP, you'd rather they make a tapestry about their "glorious" conquest of Zulus or the Designated Shitting Country?

>Britain makes a tapestry as a homage to that other tapestry they made
>Frog immediately gets butthurt due to being reminded how utterly BTFO his pathetic country got in 1940
>projects his butthurt onto the English

>commemorate battle
>pays tribute to the Bayeux tapestry and the Normans
>OMG SO BUTTHURT LOL
I hope it lasts as long as the Bayeux tapestry has.

>It was the first time Britain fought a real enemy

Have you heard of the Seven Years' War? Unless, of course, you don't consider the Ancien Regime at its height a 'real enemy'.

This is your brain on /int/.

>Seven Years' War--AFTER 1066

We do. The Normans turned Anglo-Saxonland into England, they're an integral part of our history. Also, the Normans were an real life DLC.

Are you perhaps a Frenchist yourself?

I am neither pro, nor anti French.

You're projecting pretty hard there, user. It's a little sad

Does this board receive funding from the french government or something

so much projection from butthurt frenchies

>Have you heard of the Seven Years' War?

Yes it was a war between Prussia and the Rest of Europe
Oh, maybe you were talking about that one secondary theater on which Brits took a decade to defeat a French force they outnumbered 4 to 1 while France was busy with Prussia in Europe?

Wasted dubquints

Waste of quints.

Reminder that the anglo is supreme and frenchmen are soft degenerate fools who suffer from an eternal sense of self-loathing and jealousy

>Brits see the Normans in a positive light
HAHAHAHAHAHA
no

Brits are obsessed with French because their language constanstly remind them that they were conquered by French

HAHAHAHAHA
yes

i wouldnt have thought brits were obsessed with the french as these anti-brit threads are always made by french and are full of french posters.

I never see a british person making butthurt threads against france, only in the reverse.... says it all, really

>make an embroidery of supposed great british victory
>choose a battle won by americans and canadians with british playing a minor supporting role

no u

>as these anti-brit threads are always made by french and are full of french posters.

This is what you actually believe
Try browsing /int/ and you'll be surprized by the nationality of people who praise France and insult Britain
Man, Veeky Forums really needs flags to stop faggots like you from assuming nationality of posters based on their opinions

Brits have this weird complex that makes them think that only Frogs&Krauts hate them when they're viewed as subhuman vermin in 90% of the world.

I find it surprising that the English press is so outraged by the Cologne fans for lighting flares and pissing on the streets when the first thing I saw in Cologne when I went there for the World Cup in 2006 were rows upon rows of drunk England fans, lined against the wall of the Cologne cathedral, pissing,