Does Veeky Forums play Axis & Allies?

Does Veeky Forums play Axis & Allies?

Other urls found in this thread:

vassalengine.org/
matrixgames.com/products/351/details/War.in.the.Pacific.-.Admirals.Edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, I play wargames that are actually good.

When I was 12

I bet you're a blast at parties.

looks like kiddie shit
>germans have the iron cross instead of swastika
it's kiddie shit

Axis and Allies is a good choice for college students, as you can play a game in under 10 hours, so you won't have to leave it set up for an entire month like many other WWII strategy games

I'm sorry dude, but there's much better stuff out there than Risk+1.

OP here. I'm talking more about board games than anything else; of fucking course the computer games are better at accuracy.

I always wanted to play board games with some fellow dudes but
>live in the middle of nowhere so I have no one to play with and I doubt there's any interest
>they're all expensive as fuck to say the least and you have to spend hours modelling figurines and what not
it sounds fun but I'll never experience it

>no friends
I can't say I'm surprised.

nice jumping to conclusions fag
I have friends, but none of them are interested in wargame board game faggotry

>bought this game as a kid
>had nobody to play it with

used too.

great game to play when deployed and you have a trailer room or shop you can leave the board set up in. couple hours every night for a week, for once a month. every month of the deployment.

What's the learning curve like on these games? Is it comparable to hearts of iron 3?

The learning curve is mainly coordinating with your allies to create a proper balance against your enemies.

Name of the game?

I'm not really sure, I never played the HOI games.

But world in flames does take some getting used to. It took me a couple of years to get any good at it. But of course, there's no easy AI to beat up on, "good" means good against other humans.

I picked up a few Historical board games at gen con a few weeks ago, my favorite of the ones I picked up is this game called Pericles, which is an extremely interesting abstraction of the Peloponnesian war. The game does a great job of recreating the ideological turmoil of the period, and the games mechanics often give me a great launching point to sperg out over history to my friends.

The only real problem with the game being the multiple hours it takes to teach somebody how to play after the equally arduous process of convincing them to play it with me. The designer must have realized this though, since the game has systems that allow it to be played single player, though I haven't tried a full solo run yet.

I used to, but eventually the game's strategy comes down to placing three Japanese manufacturing plants on China and pushing out the Soviets while removing off the English in India. German strategy is build tanks, hold Europe, and attack the Soviets.
Allied strategy is limited to kill Germany.

Twilight Struggle is pretty great without being overly complex or taking too long.

Hopefully Imperial Struggle out soon, second Hundred Years war as focus.

get tabletop simulator. Most every boardgame in existence has a mod.

Monopoly: WW2 Edition.
The 1914 Game was a rushed clusterfuck.
Stopped playing any version of this game when one of the players kept cheating and threw shit fits when being caught. Seriously, he tried moving large amounts of his units deployed on at the end of his turn to his front line and pretend they were there before. Or how Armor can conquer two territories on the same turn despite us telling him that the rule book says they can move two spaces, but stop if they conquer.

ThisI would recommend VASSAL. vassalengine.org/ It has a zillion modules, and it's fairly well suppored, you can just sign onto their forums and start advertising for a game of whatever.

There is only one patrician choice...

I used to play with my friends in high school. One game as Japan for some reason America left me alone so I conquered India and the USSR, built a huge navy in the mediterranean, destroyed the American expeditionary force that was headed for Africa, and then invaded the UK through norway. shit was crazy

>TS
mah nigga

Football.
Soccer, soccer, socc-socc-socc-socc-soccer

matrixgames.com/products/351/details/War.in.the.Pacific.-.Admirals.Edition