Domitian

>Invite senators over for dinner
>They come into the palace
>Everything is painted black
>Everything, including the walls, tables, doors, and servants
>All the furniture has been replace with rocks, which are also painted black
>Even the food is dyed black
>Seating arrangement is marked with tombstones, each with the name of a senator written on them
>Talk about nothing but death the entire meal
>Force each senator to take their tombstone home as a "souvenir"

What the fuck was his problem?

Inb4
> domitiboo did nothing wrong!!

He was a school shooter type

Too much Gothic music.

There's the virgin Domitian
and the Chad Titus

Who was that emperor in that famous painting where he's feeding his birds without a care while courtiers told him that Rome had fallen?

Wut he do?

Honorius

Honorius

Killed a lot of Jews

This one?
Flavius Honorius

Late Empire, Rome sacked by Alaric

Domitian's chad older brother, better liked, more succesful in both military and administrative matters, more charismatic, better remembered

That's pretty hilarious
Domitian was definitely autistic

HE RULED FOR LIKE A YEAR

FUCK TITUS, JUPITER STRUCK DOWN POMPEII FOR HIS IGNORANCE

Many Romans had a strange obsession with death. Since the netherworld wasnt like Christian hell but it was a lesser existence surrounded by darkness. Some felt that you should prepare yourself for it.

>Killed a lot of Jews

Of the Roman emperors, Hadrian has the high score in that area.

>>"At that time they say that the Emperor Honorius in Ravenna received the message from one of the eunuchs, evidently a keeper of the poultry, that Rome had perished. And he cried out and said, 'And yet it has just eaten from my hands!' For he had a very large cock, Rome by name; and the eunuch comprehending his words said that it was the city of Rome which had perished at the hands of Alaric, and the emperor with a sigh of relief answered quickly: 'But I thought that my fowl Rome had perished.' So great, they say, was the folly with which this emperor was possessed." Procopius, The Vandalic War (III.2.25–26)

Is there an ancient historian more entertaining than Procopius?

>no one will ever claim your head was detachable and could fly around using demonic powers

Perfect, thanks

/pol/ plis

Do you think those jews behaved the same as askhenazis?

Do you think they promote interracial and mixing?

t. Domitian

Its sad reading that because after that, germanics came and everything went to shit

I'm not /pol/ he really did kill a lot of Jews, taking Jerusalem is what he's most famous for.

Ancient jews were unironically terrible. They went around massacring anybody who didn't follow their religion. During the Kitos war, jews massacred an enormous number of Roman civilians in Cyrene and Cyprus. It's really hard not to sympathize with the Romans in this scenario.

and finishing the Colosseum
ending treason trials
his generosity during crisis

>Ancient jews were unironically terrible
How?

Romans fucking invaded them and every people did that in those times

Are you justifying Romans?

Romans and greeks were faggots imposed their culture/language onto the people they conquered, for me that is the worst thing people can do

Just look at achaemenids, you just payed your tax and you were left alone

John please stop.

>How?

Cause they went around massacring other people for not following the same religion as them. Somebody had to put them in their place, and so luckily the Romans came along and did it.

Romans didn't do that though
They were pretty content to let you be so long as you paid your taxes and didn't go massacring everyone. Romans didn't impose culture and language, the upper class were Greekboos and Latin a pleb language until Cicero. Everyone just started romanizing with time, because everyone else wanted to be Roman.

and this

Do you read history?

Why are you defending the people that your ancestors raped and exterminate?

Do you feel guilty?

Roman was the invaders, hebrews didnt do that for religion, they were just defending themselves

Those fucking subhuman greeks shouldn't have settled in the levant

>didn't go massacring everyone.
Carthage?

Pls stop already
Nobody wanted to be roman and look for romanization, sir

Greeks started and then romans came, imposing their culture and language

Lol, the Zealots wanted a worldwide Jewish theocracy. That was their mission statement. They were the Al-Qaeda of their day, and so what the Romans did to them was perfectly reasonable.

Carthage was an enemy, not a subject

How do you explain centuries of Gauls, Franks, Germans, Italians and Spaniards LARP as Romans?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Vae victus losers.

On the contrary, everybody wanted to be Roman. That's why so many historic empires claim to be the successors of Rome, whether we're talking about the Russia, the Holy Roman Empire, or even the Ottomans, everybody wants to claim that they're the New Rome.

>two fuckhueg rebellions in ~20 years
Why didn't Rome just kill every single one of them? I mean didn't they wipe out the Druids? And I never heard of them doing anything on a scale this large

Not all Jews were like that, Alexandria Jews were much more calm than Judea Jews
Druids were into human sacrifice, that was a big no for Romans.
Early Christians also had that stigma, drinking blood and eating flesh.

BLACKED Judea province

Romans loved old things

They knew that Judaism was really old.

As strange as it sounds, Romans were too Veeky Forums to treat Jews the way they treated Christians.

>Rome sacked by Alaric
3 times right?

thanks pal

btw are these the largest revolts within the Roman Empire's history? (excluding civil wars of course)

Boudicca had her thing, Vercingetorix had his (but this was within a few years of JC conquering Gaul), Zenobia's dealy, but really the numbers for these two seem fucking colossal compared to every other revolt against Rome.

Boudicca's insurrection didn't last very long. Part of the reason why it is so famous is because Britains like to hype her up as their first "queen."

>Do you think they promote interracial and mixing?
This. If anything it started it since after the Roman diaspora of the jew , what we would call rabbinical Judaism began to form.
Druids never wrote things down. That's why we rely on Julius Caesars own word. He states this in his gallic commentaries.

Jews wrote down everything a while back.

Lol, slavi, turkics and germanic, people that came way later , in talking about levant people, they didnt want to be roman nor greek, you totally changed the subject
You are talking about modern times, in ancient times, hebrews just wanted to be left alone like every people in those times

Its amazing that you think that hebrews were like askhenazis today, its sad how delude and blind you are

Slave revolts are the biggest and closest to Rome, Spartacus and whatnot, but Jews were a close second.
Herod Agrippa was on his way to start the largest one in Roman history but he died before he could finish his plans.

But ancient Brittain and modern brittain are totally unrelated
This what?

Dont me you really believe that

Fuuuck

What the fuck is happening?

>You are talking about modern times

Wrong, I'm talking purely about ancient times. The Bible itself documents MANY instances of ancient Jews chimping out on other cultures for not following the "correct" religion.

This
Judas Maccabaeus is the perfect example of that.

Huh, were they only one?
People have been conquering each other since the beginning of civ, of course you cant understand as you showed up 5000 years later

Nobody was the bad, nobody was the good

So what do you mean?
That they should have let those dirty greeks conquer them while imposing their shitty culture, names and language?

When has he said any of those facts were good or bad?
You are the one with modern lenses clouding your perception of history.

>namefag is part of the JIDF
Why am I not surprised

He hates hebrews for no reason, he think hebrews were like askhenazi, he think as every germanic that the world revolve around them

>but ancient Brittian (sic) and modern brittain (sic) are totally unrelated

Not true, conquering tribes does not equivocate to complete replacement of a genetic population.

>Nobody was the bad, nobody was the good

But a few moments ago, you were arguing that the Romans were "the bad."

Well, ancient Jews had more issues with neighbouring Greeks than with Romans.
Revolts were usually triggered by conflicts between Roman Greeks and Jews, then Rome steeping in to maintain their control and order.

I thought Domitian and Titus got along pretty well because Titus was one of the few people that didn't treat Domitian like shit.

The British parliament used to have a statue of Boudicca in front of it, complete with a fake quote about how Britain was destined to create an empire that would be greater than Rome's. It was constructed in the late 19th century as a way to commemorate the British Empire. It might actually still be there.

Hahahahahaha
Feeling guilty?

You really want to claim that history, its amazin, germanics are rolling in their graves, they sacked, raped and killed and then 2000 years later, germanics are claiming history of the people they killed
I didnt say that, i said that romans invaded them
Then greeks fags shouldnt have settled in those lands

I hate them so much, who do they think they are?
Lol

Domitian plotted against him, some historians say he poisoned his brother, others say he abandoned his ailing brother for dead.
Titus' reported last words were "I have made but one mistake" and Cassius Dio believed that mistake was not executing his brother for openly plotting against him.

Domitian did deify his brother, but might have been for the appearances, he wasn't even half as popular as his brother.

>Jewish casualties is copypasta of Jewish strength.

Dat it mane.

Hadrian was the one who actually pushed the Jews out of Jerusalem and turned them into the race of wanderers. Ironic, considering that Hadrian was quite fond of wandering himself.

>Domitian plotted against him, some historians say he poisoned his brother, others say he abandoned his ailing brother for dead

I'd be careful with that. Anytime an emperor died, rumors of poisoning tended to proliferate. If we accepted the rumors as true, then almost every emperor died of poison.

>If we make an exception this one time, we also have to make it universally too.
No.

All of that comes from the very class of people that hated Domitian and killed him. It's all we have to go off but it's also something you have to treat with a skeptical eye.

This is very true, but at the same time I feel like there had to be real reasons for that hatred being there and so aggressive. Suetonius claims that Domitian killed a lot of high profile men basically just because he could and also impregnated his niece. He wrote these things when Domitian's reign was still in living memory, making me think there's more to it than what his says about Caligula.

>How should we make sure that a jewish kingdom will achieve soverignity? I know, let's massacre the population of another province. That'll definitely send the message that we're just looking to defend ourselves.

jews were isis tier nigga

>For he had a very large cock, Rome by name
Hence forth my penis will be called Rome.

Thread started interesting and then it turned into some autists arguing about le joos.

The jews genocided other peoples though.

This was a very common theme at dinner parties. "You might die tomorrow, so lets party like it is the end of the world." Roman mosaics from dining halls usually have a skeleton enjoying himself.

Domitian was being a great host.

How does Veeky Forums not know this?

>massacres undress of thousands of Greeks in Egypt, Cyprus and elsewhere
>"IT WAS SELF-DEFENSE YOU FILTHY GOYIM!"

it was a preemptive strike