How are Jews STILL waiting for their Messiah?

How are Jews STILL waiting for their Messiah?

Other urls found in this thread:

chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1121893/jewish/The-Basics.htm
youtu.be/0zNpKvu9ghU
youtube.com/watch?v=9yHz5XXOsMQ
youtu.be/bJa1bmYklyc
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJCIqBRCMM
youtube.com/watch?v=T_YJo_Uh_TE
youtu.be/fSDytNu73Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=SqI6-JWzeRs
youtu.be/VlBJpObJhDU
youtube.com/watch?v=ksoYR7dVyfM
youtube.com/watch?v=9QageVk0vAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They hate God

Jesus does not fulfill the messianic properties:

According to Torah, the Messiah will:

Ezekiel 37:26-28: Build the Third Temple

Isaiah 43:5-6: Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel

Isaiah 2:4: Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore."

Zechariah 14:9: Spread universal knowledge of the G-d of Israel - uniting the entire human race as one: "G-d will be King over all the world—on that day, G-d will be One and His Name will be One"

Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies. Additionally:

Jesus was not a prophet. Prophecy could only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry. During the time of Ezra (~300 BCE) the majority of Jews refused to move from Babylon to Israel, thus prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets (Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi). Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended.

Jesus was not descended from King David. Per Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1, the Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David. However, according to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father -- and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David! The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from a verse in Isaiah describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by G-ds.

12th of the 13 Principles of Faith:

>I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah; and even though he may tarry, nonetheless, I wait every day for his coming.

It's a two way street.

>The Messianic Redemption will be ushered in by a person, a human leader, a descendant of Kings David and Solomon, who will reinstate the Davidic royal dynasty. According to tradition, Moshiach will be wiser than Solomon, and a prophet around the level of Moses.

>Ever since the destruction of the Holy Temple, in every generation there is an individual, a scion of the House of David, who has the potential to be the Moshiach. If at any moment the Jews are worthy of redemption, this person would be directed from Above to assume the role of the redeemer.

>During the Messianic Era, the Moshiach will serve a dual role. He will be a monarch, ruling over all of humanity with kindness and justice, and upholding the law of the Torah—613 commandments for the Jews, and seven for the non-Jews. He will also be the ultimate teacher, the conduit for the deepest and most profound dimensions of the Torah which will then be revealed by G‑d.

chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1121893/jewish/The-Basics.htm

good try bud, thats why the church sits on the ruins of ancient rome and the jews are still trying to find a permanent parking space

top kek trips

What you said has nothing to do with whether jesus is a messiah or not, Building a church on the ruins of rome is not a messianic qualifier.

Delusion.

>How are Jews STILL waiting for their Messiah?
We aren't.

How is it delusion if Christianity believes in a Messiah that did not do anything that Messiah is meant for?

youtu.be/0zNpKvu9ghU

Call it what you may, I just answered why jews dont accept jesus as messiah, because he doesn't fit into the jewish messianic concept. That's it.

Per Christianity jesus is messiah because it fits into the christian concept of what a messiah is, one of the biggest mistakes that christians did was to accept O.T. alongside N.T., this is why jewish concept of messiah not fitting to jesus bothers you.

>wah God isn't working fast enough

>seven minutes in
>still not touching to subject
>references to deli and pastrami
>references to doctors
>laughing shit

fucking hell rabbis and their tests of patience

he came to establish a kingdom on earth that is not of this world, the jews like Judas were expecting a war monger general who would wreak havoc on all their opressors and enemies. The Catholic church has an ifinite abundance of cosmic legacy, the jews are still flinging shit with their neighbors and scratching their heads, you are too dense and arrogant, sometimes so am i

Because the devil isn't coming until the end times.

>he came to establish a kingdom on earth that is not of this world
good for him, but again, that is not in the messianic qualifications

Ezekiel 37:26-28 does not say, The messiah will build a kingdom that is not of this world but of heaven. It says he will build the third temple.

Which Jesus did not. I do understand why you believe in jesus, but do understand why jews don't.

gotta be patient for the messiah friend

Christians are pretty much in the same position Jews are

I mean, they got Jesus, but they're still waiting on him to come back and do the messiah thing

Don't forget how the Isaiah "virgin" line uses a past tense form for conception but not for giving birth; i.e. our "Almah" is pregnant at the moment Isaiah is uttering his prophecy, and the version in the dead sea scrolls has "and I will call him Immanuel", with the implication that the Almah is Isaiah's wife, or at least a concubine.

the third temple was in the hearts of men you DINGUS, a temple that could not be penetrated or destroyed. you idiot, you think to much with your mind and do not listen to the voice of God, you have shut him out, God himself said he can make humans out of stones. He has no mind for earthly real estate of political prowess, you are thinking like a man.

There is of allegorical reading and interpretation that protestants need to catch up on. a wise man once said, With the Jesus, expect the unexpected

Thats one interpretation but again theological interpretation is not irrefutable,Jews take the messianic oracles as literal requirements similar to how Duet 18 gives literal requirements for true prophets

>How are Jews STILL waiting for their Messiah?
>They hate God
>It's a two way street.

youtube.com/watch?v=9yHz5XXOsMQ

when are they going to be right about anything? You are basically saying Jesus was not resurrected, good luck with that

youtu.be/bJa1bmYklyc

>sends a video a bout an actual nobody
might as well send me a doc on extraterrestrials oy vey

>Which Jesus did not. I do understand why you believe in jesus, but do understand why jews don't.

Why do Jews believe in Ezekiel?

youtube.com/watch?v=xOJCIqBRCMM

>Which Jesus did not. I do understand why you believe in jesus, but do understand why jews don't.

Why do Jews believe in Ezekiel?

youtube.com/watch?v=T_YJo_Uh_TE

Jesus wasn't resurrected

How are Christians STILL waiting for Jesus?

Especially when he said multiple times in the bible that he would be back within the generation of the apostles.

>implying we arent the apostles

Jesus never said that

Jews are by definition the ones who didn't accept previous Messiahs. If you took a poll in 1AD, and then checked in a thousand years, most of the descendants of the Jews were Christian or Muslim.

kk
>what is interpretation
are you retarded or something?

He said those who witnessed his crucifixion would live to see his return. This is after the first return. Either that or they meant the first return all along and we shouldn't bother waiting around.

youtu.be/fSDytNu73Hg

youtube.com/watch?v=SqI6-JWzeRs

wtf is this ashkenazi poonani

pic related

>implying he won't do that when he comes back

>when he comes back
lol

*He

>Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

youtu.be/VlBJpObJhDU

youtube.com/watch?v=ksoYR7dVyfM

>shilling

the temple- christs church
universal peace- read revelations
alma translates to maiden
zechariah 14:9 this has happened to a large extent but also is in revelation from what i think you are meaning with the verse
jews started moving back to rebuild during the rule of cyrus in the 6th century bc which is the time when most jews decided to remain in babylon. the 300s were in the hellenistic era after the conquest of the persian empire by alexander
the geneolgy of jesus from david is in the first part of Matthew.

>the geneolgy of jesus from david is in the first part of Matthew

Joseph wasn't his father you dope

What is this shamjewwow trying to sell exactly, I don't get how he's not aware of his artifice

Why are Christians STILL waiting for the second coming?

Why are you STILL asking that question Judas?

Kek, Christians rekt, it truly is the most delusional of all religions.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

>Kek, Christians rekt, it truly is the most delusional of all religions.

None of that stuff is ever going to be fulfilled - most of the Hebrew Text is blasphemy.

youtube.com/watch?v=9QageVk0vAQ

ur a loon bud

this