Do we need suffering?

Do we need suffering?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>give a man what he wished for
>he got his childhood wish

this comic is stupid

thats just a kc green comic from years ago but way less personal which comes off as moralizing and demeaning instead of a self-deprecating cautionary tale
they even had to lift someone elses quotes so you could precisely 'get' the message they wanted to say. what a waste of effort

Need it for what?

>implying
This picture is taken from a mostly autobiographical webcomic, the man drawn there is the author. His pseudonym is boulet. He's French and it is likely that he didn't read this other thing before.

Existence IS suffering

Best thing to do is to cease existing

t. the resident antinatalautist

Literally me

OK cease now unless you some sort of masochist. Does existing makes you hard? I bet you it does you naughty boy naughty boy.

Through suffering, Christ!

Yes, the contrast of suffering is what makes joy so sweet.

I would, but I don't want to hurt my parents. Especially my father, I'm the only one he's got.

You don't need to have eaten shit to enjoy eating cake.

'I find no sweeter fat than sticks to my own bones.'

we need low levels of well placed suffering, not the arbitrary/sadistic suffering we are often subjected to

This. I'm taking care of my parents until they die.

Then I'll off myself

No. But a lack of pleasure, or a lessened amount of pleasure, isn't suffering, so don't go full hedonism just yet.

We don't need it, we live by it. From birth to death, suffering entails our very lives. There is not a day that goes by without a person not suffering.

Suffering preludes our every action and it concludes with it as well.

Just kill your parents.

I'm not american

I read somewhere that it is in fact possible to kill non-Americans.

Do a man dirt, yourself you hurt.
Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery.
Accept suffering and achieve atonement through it — that is what you must do.
If not reason, then the devil.
Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on Earth.

From an evolutionary perspective, yes.

Pain/hunger/fear/etc. are there to make you avoid things that will get you killed.

It don't seem that bad to me mate.

No, just meaningful jobs.

Well you need frustration to be happy, overcoming frustrations through hardship is what makes one happy.
Relieving simple frustrations (thirst,hunger,sleepiness,full bladder) are an everyday joy but cannot bring hapiness,you need harder frustrations to quench, and to overcome them with your own hands or your own cleverness.

A little, however what I don't get is excrutiating pain. Maybe a yelp to grab the attention of tribe members, why all consuming pain preventing you from doing much else though.

Everybody needs suffering that they can rise above. Too much failure and you'll end up a failure yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

> In July 1968 four pairs of mice were introduced into the habitat. The habitat was a 9-foot (2.7 m) square metal pen with 4.5-foot-high (1.4 m) sides. Each side had four groups of four vertical, wire mesh "tunnels." The "tunnels" gave access to nesting boxes, food hoppers, and water dispensers. There was no shortage of food or water or nesting material. There were no predators. The only adversity was the limit on space.

> Initially, the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly, doubling only every 145 days. The last surviving birth was on day 600, bringing the total population to a mere 2200 mice, even though the experiment setup allowed for as many as 3840 mice in terms of nesting space. This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, increase in homosexual behavior, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against.

> After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed "the beautiful ones." Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

Not really, that guy just needs a job and he'd probably be able to run his life just fine

If you want to stop a man from demanding things, give him everything he wished for.

The guy in the OP cartoon would only have a shitty life when he no longer has the things he wants.

This image is painfully true. I'll admit it even applies to me.

looks like he's having a great time though?
Just a shave and cleaning of the garbage and shit looks normal aswell?

To be fair I legitimately did play a lot of video games when I became an adult

No, but you would enjoy the cake more

Nothing more putrid and revolting than this fuking idiotic attitude, fucking idiot

Kys, cunt.

Now, serious question

Why do so many people end up like that comic nowadays but it seems like they didn't before?

Like, people ending like this in the XX century seemed way less rare

Or was this always a thing?

You're right, it's a new phenomenon.
Our economic and social systems simply have more unemployment, nihilism, and ideological failure than ever before. We also had stronger collective values, ideals, and an actual "survival" based need to work.
Since being unemployed and not starving is an option, people will take it.

Do you need faggotry?

>referencing Calhoun
>implying future analysis and experiments didn't confirm that it was the lack of control over social interactions that led to collapse