Graham Hancock

Is this guy for real or is all /x/ BS?

Anyone here can please provide me with their input?

Is he the guy who believes that iron age civilizations were preceded by some super advanced societies?

yes

There's a reason he's universally dismissed as a kook.

it's the guy that believes that the "first civilizations" egypt, mesopotamia, india, mesoamerica and the andes have roots in even more ancient high cultures that were annihilated at the younger drias event through a comet impact and sudden water rise from the melting glaciers.

What if he's right

Even if he's wrong or people think he is a kook i'm glad someone challenges what we think to be established history

He's not.

What do you mean by this?

Genuinely curious.

I just think it's healthy to come at something from every possible angle. the something here is the origin of the "first civilizations"

He is the hero we need against the Egyptians, and it's hilarious how the Egyptian antiquities chief has a personal beef with him.

He takes it a bit far saying there were Rome tier civilisations before Egypt but everything else in with him on.

Can you give me a quick rundown on what's going on with the egyptians and him and why?

It is extremely restricted to what you are allowed to do in terms of digs, everything has to go through the top guy Hawass, but he will block anything that challenges the status quo. They've most likely either covered up or deliberately ignored discoveries which would challenge current time lines. A lot of people are just waiting for Hawass to die.

He just copies actual good work on dating the Sphinx done by Dr. Bob Schoch and then extrapolates a bunch of dude weed bullshit from those small seeds of truth

GOBEKLI TEPE

>iron age civilizations
idiot
chekd
this
>egyptology

Holy fuck, is this real?

I don't believe in the whole ancient advanced civilization thing, but I do think ancient coastlines and basins that are no longer here have a story to tell. That civilizations appear right when modern coastlines come into being seems a little more than coincidence. The structures and remains of these civilizations would be long lost to the sea, and it would take a massive research campaign to search the ocean floor for evidence, which is why I doubt it will ever be found. I will never stop believing this to be the case until I am 100% proven wrong.

Think about it. Where do you build a civilization? River basins and coastlines. There was a massive river basin where the Persian Gulf is today, along with one where that big mass of land coming from Southeast Asia is in your map. There was also one in the "Doggerland" area between the British Isles and Scandinavia. Those are all gone, washed away now. To me, it seems very plausible that a great flood or catastrophic event wiped out a civilization in what is now the Persian Gulf, and whoever was left had to back up inland and start all over again in what became Mesopotamia.

here's the doggerland part

Eastasia
There were humans in this area since Homo erectus

and the sealevel rise

aaand a map from 1531
"Terra Australis" in this map is supposedly pure fictional due to a popular thesis of "antipodal" landmasses at that time and similarities are purely coincidental.

He was right?

he's a revisionist like michael cremo.

Isn't it widely known there are ancient roads under the seas around malaysia etc.

It's really not, that's the big problem.
There are things like that all over the place, but it's mostly known to little circles inside a certain specialization and most of academia does not really come in contact with important facts.
Therefore they are seen as curious isolated cases and very few people collect the pieces and try to see the bigger picture.
Graham Hancock is one of this few people and he continuously gets ridiculed by people who didn't read his work and don’t know about these facts.

HE IS A CHARLATAN, AND A USEFUL IDIOT TO THE ZIONIST FORCES; HE BOLSTERS THE FALSE CHRONOHISTORICAL NARRATIVE WITH HIS DRIVEL, UNDER THE FACADE OF INQUISITIVE SPECULATION FOR WHAT IS TRUE.

He's right about a lot of what he says, but good luck getting the fags that blindly trust the history they learned in their 15,000 hour indoctrination program to accept any of his evidence.

so you guys are saying that he MIGHT be right, but we can't get to the bottom of it because people fall back on conventional history that has been taught in public schools?

Pretty much
We would know a lot more if the right research projects were started.
>reevaluate current archaeological finds
>find ways to conclusively date megalithic structures
>make new excavations at promising sites
>make underwater expeditions at old shore lines and river deltas

Who knows what they would find?

I have a masters in archaeology and I have to say that it isn't so simple. Research doesn't happen without funding and funding doesn't happen without fitting a narrative. As an archaeologist you have to pander to local interests to a great degree. Many people wish they could redo old work or explore cutting edge ideas, but it's very hard to receive funding for such research.

Fucking cretin.

explains north sentinel island, an island culture that doesn't have the tech/expertise to leave.

>He is the hero we need against the Egyptians, and it's hilarious how the Egyptian antiquities chief has a personal beef with him.
Anyone who pisses off the Egyptologist mafia has to be doing something right.

>dating the Sphinx done by Dr. Bob Schoch
water erosion
on the sphinx
>you do the math

>As an archaeologist you have to pander
Here's your fucking science

Pandering for ducats

Well, nothing will happen if you all keep your mouths shut.
Make a meta analysis of known research. Publish it, defend it! Gather public interest, use the momentum to get your research project financed and permitted.
Or publish something small that doesn't cost much but is a giant fuck you to the established story line. Make some Chlorine-36 surface exposure dating on megalithic buildings for example.
If you are too afraid about your position and reputation, we will never get anywhere.