Who thinks Monero will be the next Bitcoin?

Everybody knows the real reason Bitcoin became so goddamned popular is because of the darknet markets and its use their in. Now that the lawmakers and enforcers have gotten more sophisticated in the tracking of who is spending Bitcoin and on what they're spending it on, the darknet markets are turning to Monero because of its anonymity. I have a theory that as long as Monero can remain as untraceable as it appears to be at the moment, its usage will continue to expand to the point of equality with Bitcoin's value if not even surpassing it. I'm going all in on Monero and hodling on for dear life.

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/scams/@roosterred/why-bancor-unless-it-changes-will-be-pump-and-dump-nightmare-for-investors
globalresearch.ca/zerocash-a-cryptocurrencys-deep-state-ties/5553661
twitter.com/zooko/status/863202798883577856
moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php
monero.how/monero-transaction-fees
getmonero.org/get-started/what-is-monero/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

X-M-R is love, X-M-R is life, X-M-R world

I don't think it will be the next bitcoin because not anyone needs the constant privacy so people won't really change their bitcoin for it, but it will be a top 5 project for sure (and for a long time)

Well, what I meant was I see it as having the most potential to reach the gain levels that Bitcoin has. But I don't think Bitcoin is going anywhere anytime soon, it's basically digital gold at this point.

Komodo will be better

if monero is infinite wouldn't that mean that it would eventually become completely worthless after a certain point?

yeah after infinite time.....

coinbase banned my account cause of gambling LOL, transactin with bitcoin is more worse than bank transfer

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

don't spoilt the future

Well, sure, if the creators and mangers flood the market like some 3rd world country thus destroying the value with hyperinflation. But I really don't see that becoming a problem.

Yes but the retarded neets here wouldn't understand. They will continue investing in their flavor of the month chink and ladyboy tokens.

we are the komodo kommanders

Pony fag better work on his shit, other coins are jealous and are working to dethrone the brony.

Well the main HODLERS of this coin are the scum of society so there will be a lot of pump and dump happenings and the price will continue to rise as more [spoiler]law abiding citizens[/spoiler] use this coin in the future.

i love xmr, but normies could give a shit about privacy.

all untraceable cryptocurrencys should be banned by a UN convention, we do not need to make human trafficking, drug trafficking and terrorism any easier than it already is

Monero isn't some shit premined coin with all of it controlled by the creators. It's not theirs to hold away from the world. The infinitely-increasing supply goes to the miners. Miners paying for electricity will always be dumping some of their earnings.

Not a chance. Monero has its place for shady deals and securing your wealth but it will never take the place of illegitimate coin like it coin simply for the fact not a chance. Monday room has its place 4 shady deals and securing you're well but it will never take place of a legitimate korean like it boy simply for the back businesses need there money to have at least some transparency.

You sound mentally challenged. Get well soon.

it was just a good incentive as a use case. no more.

Back to the fiat for you, fagget

Dont go down with the Titanic. Made my money on Monero, now I am trading all of my Monero for Verge.

Remember when AlphaBay got busted by Law Enforcement in 2016, and it tanked Monero? It's happening again. RUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Monero right now but I honestly think ZCash is the only coin with a shot. It has all the attributes that the people who originally backed Bitcoin care about. If QTM computers fuck Bitcoin, ZCash will ascent.

>zcash
You mean the backdoored kike coin?

What does this even mean?

there wont be a next bitcoin as long as the bitcoin network floats.
the only thing that will kill it is a technical deficiency

> not investing heavily in XVG verge

Please educate yourself and then come back.

Go on. I am a very reasonable person that can have conversations with antisemites. Maybe I should be concerned.

Have you read my Bacor critique?
steemit.com/scams/@roosterred/why-bancor-unless-it-changes-will-be-pump-and-dump-nightmare-for-investors

I am a very reasonable person.

Read this globalresearch.ca/zerocash-a-cryptocurrencys-deep-state-ties/5553661

twitter.com/zooko/status/863202798883577856

Founder and CEO of Zcash. Enjoy your completely private but somehow traceable shitcoin.

And there you have it. backdoor + kike backing

>globalresearch.ca/zerocash-a-cryptocurrencys-deep-state-ties/5553661
I'll read up. I read the content on their site and was impressed. Some even went over my head and I am pretty adept at math.

Coinbase have to follow certain US rules ,paying a gambling site directly from your Coinbase wallet is against the rules

Yes, in about 6 gorillion years when all the stars in the universe burn out, monero will be completely worthless.

Monero will just be cucked. The best coin for privacy is XVG

moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

Monero is the best but it will be banned. It's that simple.

>unironically use coinbase
>don't even launder btc through monero

You practically asked for it.

Streisand Effect

Have fun with your PnD shitcoin

>but muh Wraith Protocol

What's the deal with cloakcoin, then?

Yes lets ban cash, good idea

>Google translate: the post

Apparently not adept enough.

That is why er need fungability. If coinbase supports Monero they can't check that shit.

>closed source privacy coin
>trust us these features work
>we promise you can see the source one day
>stop asking questions
>just buy our fucking coin, we worked so hard on this website

No. Monero is disinflationary. This means the inflation rate tends toward 0. This means your money won't become worthless and won't become too valuable so you won't spend it.

if it gets banned you know that will just make the price go crazy right?

monero could be the top crypto for criminals but i don't think it will ever reach the appeal of bitcoin for the public. the government will come down harshly on crypto's that bypass criminal financing and money laundering laws.

and if you are going to compare it to cash, give it a rest. physical cash right now is a necessary evil that the government cannot get rid of for now. there are already many restrictions on physical cash to identify money launderers and those that use it for criminal financing. monero circumvents all of those restrictions and i can't see the government being ok with that.

monero can't be banned but it can be restricted and its potential growth limited to darknet uses. i think as governments become more aware of bitcoin, more scrutiny and regulation will be added.

>implying the U.N is not the world's foremost human and drug trafficking racket, which means they would love Monero

BTC ETH and XMR are the only legit coins with real world use.

Correct, but Monero is the most vulnerable of all. Anonymity is its single point of failure. One hack and it loses all its value. Wouldn't be the case with Bitcoin anymore.

Monero will explode once the government makes crypto transactions taxable events and the IRS gets a few high profile convictions they derived from blockchain analysis.

Yeah Monero probably won't ever be a "normie" coin but it literally just takes the IRS or FBI getting semi-competent at blockchain analysis to make everyone panic and move to a coin that has rock solid fundamentals. It won't just be drug dealers either, but anyone who wants to launder or otherwise move money around without risking being seen.

We get it, Bitcoin is now a massive meme appealing to all the retarded normies, but in the end real utility and fungibility will win.

Not everything illegal is immoral.

define 'win'. there is no winning, my critique is an analysis of moneros future viability as a competitor to transactions, micro and macro, for public use.

It will not be banned, only regulated (with KYC and all that). This will not make it any less private anyway, because even if they know how much Monero you bought they can never know where you sent it afterwards.

Monero is stupid, it's not even legitimate blockhain technology. Without a blockchain to see all transactions - how can the network be secure? how do we know there isn't a backdoor where someone is just creating monero out of thin air (probably already happening)

Summer is over kiddo

And I guess you are a clueless adult?

You do realize without a public blockchain the supply of coins can't be known publicly, tracked or verified? For all you know there could be billions of monero right now created through a backdoor trading hands between top players who may decide to dump at anytime.

go be retarded somewhere else.

>their in

This isn't fiat kiddo.... We can't just magically print it out of thin air or some "backdoor"

Monero supply is auditable, kid. If you had just done a simple google search you would have known this.

You are an absolute fucking retard.

Monero is back on the first page on bittrex, support seems to be at $120 XMR is gearing for the next bull run. FUD for some to scoop up cheap coins.

BTC for fiat hedge monero for drugs

Then why the fuck would anyone want to invest in it

They wouldn't.
The monero devs & community don't give a fuck about investors.

>implying the value of e.g. Bitcoin hasn't gone up despite the inflation continuing for several more decades

>Who thinks Monero will be the next Bitcoin?
only deluded faggots that follow a faggot brony and they think monero was an anonymous coin and never checked monerolink

monerolink hasnt been valid all year, not to mention nothing comes close to the privacy xmr gives you so far, and it was still better than most even with the implimentation errors that caused monerolink.

It'll be a necessary privacy coin with use cases in the future but most people still use btc for darkmarket stuff and I don't think darkmarkets are that important to bitcoins staying power. All the easy markets have been busted and btc is higher price than ever before..

also monero tx fees are like 5-25$. you def pay for the privacy

Everyone forgot that profits have nothing to do with crypto. It's just a side effect.

Verge.

Thanks me in few years, when you'll realize that an user on Veeky Forums every now and then give good advice.

Solid ad hominems faggot. Prepare your ass for butthurt. To the moon!

>$5-$25
No.
monero.how/monero-transaction-fees

i bought 10 million at 1 satoshi....

Go back

Sitting on 10k. Big spike hitting verge on Monday. Be ready.

What for?

How about you do some research you fucking mong.
There will be 18,8 million XMR by 2022, after that there is a traling emission of 160k XMR per year. That means the inflation will be under 1% and will be slowly approaching but never reaching 0%.

For comparison BTC will have 1.75% inflation in 2022 and it will mint new coins till 2140.

What gives these coins value is adoption and the fact that emission is set in stone upfront. The cap is not that important.

Verge is a Veeky Forums meme. It's made specifically to troll redditors out of their money. They still fall for it so vague hype news is released to pump the price up regularly. It's basically free money

>WE ARE THE MONERO MONSTERS

No, Monero does not scale well. Public transactions for small things will become prohibitively expensive under monero. It's more likely Bitcoin Cash will be used for everyday stuff while Monero takes over Drug exchanges

>Verge
How'd you choose it?

I'm trying to figure out the next Verge so to speak.

>15BTC from 0.1

>getmonero.org/get-started/what-is-monero/

What a brilliant explanation of Monero.

>Every Monero transaction, by default, obfuscates sending and receiving addresses as well as transacted amounts. This always-on privacy means that every Monero user's activity enhances the privacy of all other users, unlike selectively transparent cryptocurrencies (e.g. Z-Cash).

SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!!