Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZl4U8pxPw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he actually thinks government can't ban crypto

>he thinks it can

>he thinks a gun ban will keep people from having guns

Let me help you autistic pedants out

>can the government prohibit the use of crypto
Just as much as the government can prohibit/regulate the use of any other thing. As someone who bought Bitcoin back when it was under $10/coin, let me assure you that you don't want the government to ban cyrpto, because that is exactly what it will look like, i.e., can't be used to purchase any goods in the open.

the career thread revealed there are many, many software devs on Veeky Forums. at least tonight.

the fact that anyone panic-sells on the weekend during the dip blows my fucking mind, even if you have a rudimentary understanding of what the blockchain is and how it works.

Who owns the infrastructure that allows crypto to run?

>he think government is ok to now handle the money.

>he think he can drive Lambos in Anarchy.

>Government bans crypto
>Some people follow the law and stop using crypto
>Some people break the law and keep using crypto
wow fascinating.

The people

The value will collapse if this shit could only be used to buy drug in the deep web.

Crypto is meant for digital transactions, governments can't control digital transactions, if I use gnt to pay someone for their cpu use the government can't do jack shit about it. A huge economy is starting to be built around crypto because it is the best way to protect intellectual property in the digital world, any government that bans crypto will be committing suicide.

Do you honestly believe that? I don't think the government will ever ban crypto, but thinking that crypto is some magic untouchable thing is just plain retarded.

Are you retarded? It has no central infrastructure.

mining operations will move out of country

As long as there is net neutrality the government can't know if you're using crypto or online banking. If they cut off the internet do you think any legal business could survive?

>Best way to protect intellectual property in the digital world

Not sure I follow you, user.

I think the autistic diatribe you are repeating over and over again in your head is getting in the way of your reading comprehension. I didn't say the government can STOP you from doing something, in fact I said the opposite. I said that government cooperation has created an on ramp for investors which has significantly increases the price through speculators and infrastructure.

Here are some examples, the possibilities are endless:

>With the internet, musicians were promised that they would be able to break free of the record labels and sell their songs directly to their fans. Instead, their music got copied freely and is now streamed and it's driven its value down to zero. With Blockchain, each song file can have its royalty and licensing rights built in. It can automatically trigger tiny micropayments for use and the artist can get paid first instead of last (if it all). Artist Imogen Heap is among the first musicians to start experimenting with Blockchain as a new model for music.

>Similar to the music industry, Tapscott said Blockchain-verified micropayments could also change the equation for journalism. Stories could have their rights embedded in each file and readers could be charged tenths of a penny for each piece of content they actually consume, for example.

The important thing to remember is that if god forbid blockchain technology was banned, then someone could invent a way around that law with a whole new technology. Tech moves at lightning speed compared to the inefficient gridlock we have in Washington. The human element simply will not be able to keep up legally.

>he think

Ty

What you describe isn't actually a use-case for "Blockchain." This is an incredibly awful description of music as a service.

I know you don't like thinking much but if you actually make the effort you would realize what I'm saying is that they can't ban something that they will need for legal businesses, even if they ban it will be temporal, great for buying the dip from weak hands.

yeah just shut down the miners all over the world boi!!!!

KMD has a solution so its not a big deal guysss

youtube.com/watch?v=xZl4U8pxPw8

Well at least in the US a legislature would have to bring force a case that crypto is some how dangerous . And they cant because any argument they'd come up with would be could be used against fiat. They can't just up and say "nope" and ban anything. That's the problem today people thinking the government is some mysterious super force. It's not it gets its power from the people. If (you) and enough people stand up (which there are millions of traders nowadays) there is nothing the government can do.

meanwhile in 2012...

>he actually thinks the government can spy on everything you do online and track every step you take on your cellphone and even remotely activate the camera and mic to spy on you and that your intel hardware is backdoored and can be remotely controlled by the nsa

how fucking dumb do you have to be to believe that! thanks to linux and free/libre software we are all free. :^)

1. They don't "need" it for business. So far there are 0 businesses that "need" it. Your claims that it is somehow required or best suited for protecting intellectual property is laughably false.
2. They can ban whatever they see fit.
3. The question posed asks us to consider the effectiveness of such a ban. So you haven't even managed to stay on topic.

Anything that needs micropayments can't exist without crypto, if you think that it won't be a huge part of the economy in the future you are completely out of touch with reality.

This picture sums up how "banning" crypto will work.

So naive.

>micropayments require crypto
That is factually untrue, I would love to hear you explain why you think it is. I can provide a simple proof to back up my claims: micropayments existed before cryptocurrencies and currently exist without them.

>if you think that it won't be a huge part of the economy
Here you are moving off topic again, this time by attacking some imaginary argument you are having with me in your head. I never said this. I said that we should hope for government cooperation with cryptos.

If you stifle innovation in that field it would be like committing suicide, all developers would leave for other countries, your economy will go to shit in the long term, I know you don't have the brain power to think further than tomorrow but I can assure you government strategists can.

More posturing, more ad hominems, little substance, 0 refutation. I wonder if there is a correlation between people who yammer on about "brain power" and people who aren't quite so powerful in that regard themselves.

I can't talk about this with someone that can't look further than tomorrow, luckily governments are already creating their own national cryptocurrencies, once that and decentralized exchanges exist good luck banning bitcoin..

Lol are you retarded? it would only take a few articles penned on the major news outlets and some tv babble to convince the general public that crypto is dangerous. That it can be used for drug. human, sex traffikcking, that it origins started out as an illegal blackmarket that the main holders are criminals on the fringe economy etc.

it would NOT be hard to convince the public cryptos are bad and EVIL and must be banned.

Yeah, you've repeated this sentiment a few times now. You are so much smarter than all of us! Please, just enlighten me with a direct reply to provide any substance to some of your claims. Here are two:

>micropayments require crypto currencies
>intellectual property requires crypto currencies
>the government requires intellectual property on the block chain more than IP on the block chain requires the government (for example, to enforce it)

You're really smart so this should be an easy one for you now that you are done insulting us like a petulant child.

All guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally.

They don't need to shut down all mining operations around the world.
If your government decides to ban or heavily regulate cryptos and use some excuse like "it undermines the national economic stability", using any of the infrastructure (like telecommunications or electricity) to trade in cryptos could come with very heavy fines or even jail time.
They would probably charge you with "subverting national security" or some other bs. (((They))) are very good at playing the long game. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to make all the money I can now and not rely on the current crypto environment continuing on forever.

>complete silence
Ah, that's too bad.

just because they can't actually "ban" it doesn't mean they can't enforce a ban. Especially China. Don't be absurd.

Its like you idiots aren't aware governments are already creating their own cryptos...

You are aware of the concept of economic efficiency right? Blockchain solutions will be definitely implemented because they're more efficient easy as that, if you would ever read a book on competitive advantage...

Intellectual property needs micropayments, blockchain is the most efficient way to make them, 2+2.

Your last point doesn't make any sense, but the point that governments would be shooting their own foot if they ban crypto stands.

Read Michael Porter or at least Adam fucking Smith, it's like you don't understand the most basic economic concepts.

You missed the point and are just arguing to support this "almighty government" stance you've taken. Look at the failed TPP and Net neutrality campaigns. Mainstream media propaganda is on its way out hardly anyone watches or cares for it. Any campaign calling for a complete ban on crypto would fail epically. Attitudes and ignorance like yours is the reason people get cucked by governments in the first place

Like when the government declared war on drugs. Looked how that worked out. And that was slightly easier to contain.

Only if you exclude European terrorist attacks from mass shootings, which is rather arbitrary. It's obvious mass shooters in the US will use legal guns given the availability of them, but recent history has proven gun control is not a deterrent when muslims are involved.

>Intellectual property needs micropayments, blockchain is the most efficient way to make them, 2+2.
>it's like you don't understand the most basic
>JEEZ YOU ARE JUST LIKE SO DUMB
Ah, of course, 2 + 2. How could I be so silly! You're just like the first goon. You couldn't provide substance to anything you say if your life depended on it. Fucking pathetic lmao.

The people (exchanger)

The growing value of crypto is based around the potential to be rolled out in the mainstream.

Sure it may still be useable, but the value would be FAR less

I can provide substance to people that have at least read something about competitivity, but what point would it make for me to mention Porter's diamond if you have never read a book about competitivity? I can't teach you 250 years of economic thought in a post in a cambodian anime website...

>I can't teach you 250 years of economic thought in a post in a cambodian anime website...
Luckily you don't have to, you just have to provide a simple explanation of why intellectual property needs micropayments OR how blockchain is the most efficient way to make them. Should be easy for such smart folk, although you guys are kind of struggling with it. I mean, hey, I am so dumb, as you have pointed out every single post, but at least I can write a coherent sentence to support my claims.

Of course they are creating their own cryptos, but them doing so doesn't mean that the situation I described isn't still a real possibility.

Are you suggesting that eliminating intermediaries doesn't increase efficiency? You know what banks and financial institutions are right?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills you can't be for real. I'm ending this conversation here I truly don't know anymore if you're a troll or legitimately retarded. Have a nice life.

Oopsie, you seem to have made the same mistake again. See, what you keep doing is attacking me with some argument you're imaging going on in your head, but what you MEAN to do is answer a very basic question directly without posturing or trying to shift the topic somewhere else. Remember, this is very easy for you, since you already possess the answer!

What I'm not going to do is keep feeding trolls and go down to your level good night. Grab a book they don't bite.

Ah, there you go again. Another ad hominem, still no explanation. I'm starting to think you might not no so much after all!

You fags are dilutional.
Gov will simply ban or restrict crypto-to-fiat gateways (China is the first test).
In the end, almost everyone will want to cash out to fiat at some point.
Time for normies to get out. They aren't going to be OTC trading en masse.