OmiseGO Discussion

Why haven't you invested in OMG yet?

> Omise + OmiseGO, the future of payment
> Omise was launched in 2013
> developed and launched:
>> Omise FacePay, an AI and facial recognition software for loyalty programs
>> Omise Blockchain Lab, founded in 2015, now known as OmiseGO

> How does OmiseGO fit into Omise's main business?
> OmiseGO is an ETH-based blockchain network that will allow people to transfer money interchangeably from one platform to another, regardless of geographic or institutions jurisdiction
> OmiseGO will become the status quo for decentralized payment and exchange services

> Confirmed Apple rumor
> The iPhone 8 has facial recognition technology
> powered by PrimeSense, the creator of the Kinect motion sensor
> Apple acquired PrimeSense back in 2013 for over $300 million
> According to HomePod Firmware, Apple will utilize the facial recognition tech into Apple Pay
> Apple Pay only works with newer iOS technologies

> Which smartphone are the most popular in Thailand?
> Before I answer this, let's not forget that Omise also operates in Taiwan, Singapore, and Indonesia. I am only looking at Thailand, because it seems their main focus for Omise & OmiseGO from what we can tell.
> According to a smartphone market studies in Thailand by the W*S Thailand Research Group, Samsung is the most popular brand*
> This is especially true for older generations, 30 years old and above
> However, the iPhone is much more popular among the younger generations in Thailand
> iPhone also has a higher brand loyalty and most people have intentions on buying one in the future
> Although the iPhone is quite expensive, most people who have one do like it

Alright so what?
> Apple Pay is not operating in Thailand, but it is operating in China, Taiwan, and Singapore among others
> Omise has the advantage here, or at least in Thailand
(1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/omise_go/comments/6sqkl2/results_of_omg_and_vitalik_meeting_plasma_new/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Can Omise dethrone Apple Pay?
> This will be a hail marry attempt, because they will need OmiseGO to takeoff.
> OmiseGO is the attempt to bridge different financial services to each other
> This can already be done with the traditional banking network or credit card networks, but it's too time consuming and costly

Now let's see...
> Omise FacePay is a thing
> iPhone 8 has facial recognition technology
> Apple Pay does not operate in Thailand
> Omise has the opportunity to use one of its competitor's service against it, and furthermore popularizing OmiseGO in Thailand & the rest of the Asia-Pacific market
> Can Omise & OmiseGO penetrate the western market?
> Probably not... you have too many giants over here trying to do their own thing.
> Omise built a blockchain payment network, OmiseGO, that hopes to bridge all of these payment networks together
> Paypal, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Alipay, etc.
> Does it has potential? Yes.

> September news to look out for
> Disrupt SF 2017
> Sept. 18-20
> Jun, CEO of Omise, will be on the ICO panel
> will talk about Omise and their ICO, Omisego
(2/2)

> Confirmed Apple rumor
>Confirmed
>Rumour

This is the intelligence of OMGers

Yes.. it's confirmed that the iPhone 8 has facial recognition features on it.

b-but i though OMG w-would c-collab with a-apple
th-think about t-the s-sticker
th-this m-means they a-are direct c-c-competitors

KEK

stop shilling the Apple rumour. One can dream, but cmon

Can OMG drop back to -10$ please :C?

Holy shit you can't be this autistic. I can already tell that you are low IQ white trash, but that's okay.

It came close today. I sold at $13 and bought in at 10.9

It was 7 dollars early in the week
Sucks to be you

The more a coin is shilled the less I'm convinced it's a good investment

Implying I'm wrong about it
This. Although I can't tell if it's some advanced FUD to keep people out

shh delete this

this problem with this is some people will believe the hype and when it doesn't come to fruition it will plummet, the only people who gain from this are early holders and whales.

don't be delusion, dont be an OMGoy

I don't usually give adivce, but just buy now or forever regret being born on this planet. It is still super cheap, it is guaranteed to be over $20 by the end of the mont.

But muh palm beach

>thinking whales accumulating is a meme
>not expecting FUD from the most manipulated top 20 coin currently on the market

Just remember $25 omg is the equivalent of $50 neo

>tfw only 2000 OMG

Still not convinced it's a good investment. What's the development/conference roadmap for it and what innovation does it have compared to any other shitcoin?

Dunno just sounds overhyped to me and I didn't see anything extraordinary on their recent stream.

>Still not convinced it's a good investment.
its literally the future of ethereum

Mind explaining why?

case in point, overhyped, overvalued

i havent invested it in because the token's value does not have to grow exponentially, even linearly with the growth of the platform, it just has to be high enough to be secure for staking. i see more growth potential for coins who are required to represent the value they are transacting themselves, instead of ones purely designed for transaction fees and other bookkeeping utilities.

people who quote this always forget they predicted bitshares to be the next bitcoin and many other retarded predictions

reddit.com/r/omise_go/comments/6sqkl2/results_of_omg_and_vitalik_meeting_plasma_new/

plasma will be released on the ETH blockchain not just OMG. it is being dev'd by a completely seperate team but OMG is the *first* to say they will implement it...

>pls spoonfeed my mummy im too dumb to use google!
lmao

LLL

OMG is at least worth a 2billion mcap. It doesn't have to be the next Ethereum-ish rocket to make you money, doubling is still a damn good investment. Get in