Early retirement

Anyone planning on retiring early? I've made over 100k off crypto so far. I'm thinking of retiring to some cheap country like Cambodia once I get to around 500k. I'm frugal so that should be more than enough. I'm currently a grad student but I'm a complete social retard so I don't want to work.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/bishopjordan/2017/07/07/bitcoin-millionaire/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not retire fully, but I plan to reduce my workload down and increasing my leisure time.

Cambodia is a fun place to go OP but Vietnam is like half the cost

Cool, I didn't know that, just sort of assumed Cambodia was cheaper.

been there done that... gettinf blowjobs from ladyboys every day gets boring after a few months. you get fed up with it.

Cambodia has the potential to be cheaper than Vietnam depends on where you go

How long do you plan on living? I'm thinking by my mid-late 60's I would have lived a respectable, fulfilling life.

Until I'm 80+ I guess. Mid 20's now. I guess by respectable life you mean having a careere?
Once I "retire" I'll probably work on some projects that are interesting to me, I might even make some money from it. I won't be under any pressure though, because I'll have enough savings to live off forever. I'd like to have a little farm/homestead too.

Not respectable as in having a meaningful career, but I just implied it being subjective. If you died pursuing your ambitions, endeavors, and dreams then that's a respectable life senpai, or at least for me.

Assuming you'll live another 60 years, $500k is not enough. It'll leave you with somewhere between $600-700 a month to live on. No travel, no extras, no luxury. Even though that's enough to enjoy your time in SE Asia now, prices there will go up...and your fixed income will get you less. I'd say $1.5 mil should be your baseline if you think you're going to live another 60 years.

I meant 500k euro. I'm spending 8k or less per year in Europe, I'm sure that will go much further in somewhere like Vietnam. 8k*60=480k. I'm quite frugal, I don't care about luxury. I can also make some money working on some projects that interest me. But yeah, I might save a little extra just to be safe, not more than 1mil though.

where do you live on 8K a year ? Must be some shit country like romania or bulgaria.. ?

I paid more in rent 10/15 years ago....

Nope, Ireland. I'm frugal though. Cook all my own food, don't drink, shared house, no car, etc.

I'd recommend the Philippines then. It was cheap af and almost everybody there speaks Engrish. Plus the islands are beautiful.
As long as you don't do drugs you'll be fine there.

My plan is similar. Save up 600k to 1mil USD. Even though it's a frugal retirement, I'd certainly find something productive to do with unlimited free time. With the flexibility and funding to start a small business, I'm confident I'll make more money in the long run retiring early.

Estoniafag here, I'm in a similar boat. I live a frugal life almost by instinct and don't need more than 750€ per month. But I'm earning more than double that, so most goes to savings (by which I mean crypto).

Could you elaborate some Estonian taxes and e-residency? It will make you location independent (and you
Can still cash out cryptos)if you retire.

got about 7 million buckaroos, probably enough for me to travel around living in fancy hotel rooms.

wanna be like this dude forbes.com/sites/bishopjordan/2017/07/07/bitcoin-millionaire/

Philippians

you can get a 3 bed apartment there for 30K USD

and if you like asian food, it's super fucking cheap.

with 500K you could retire

thats; bullshit
if you outright buy an apartment in the phils.
for 30K

you are paying what? electricity and food.

You could theoretically live (once you buy your own place) in the Phils for 200 a month.

This guy gets it

arent they full of mudslimes or am i thinking of another SEAsian place?

Elaborate please, do you
Live there? Have any tips? Help brow here with your knowledge.

How do you bank there ? No probs just with the card+ATM?

Anyone recommends Malaysia? Thailand? Cambodia ?
In Phil they know english at least.

Indonesia my dude