Was Germany ever as influential as it is today?

Was Germany ever as influential as it is today?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/08/nsa-tapped-german-chancellery-decades-wikileaks-claims-merkel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Back when it was bashing france, rivaling britain, and producing every philopher worth anything at the time

Germany is still occupied by the allies mate

>allies

that's not how you spell jews

LE JOOS XD

Germans = Jews
Jews = Germans

EU has occupied every European nation

Yeah but not all european nations have the headquaters of the US armed forces in Europe and the most important military airport on their clay

During the World Wars, because everyone fought against it, maybe during the height of the Implication Empire, too.

German Empire was probably as influential as Modern Germany today in relative terms.

ebin Shlomo

Pre WW1 Germany was surpassing the UK economically and had by far the best military (exept for their meme navy). Germany also had a much larger influence on culture and science too. Nazi Germany had a strong military but never came close to its old influence. The importance is highly exaggerate.

Imperial Germany was pretty weak, since it was threatend by France and wasn't self sufficient when it comes to food production.
Modern day Germany is in a much more secure position and has influence over all of Europe

Nuremberg laws allowed Mishling raised outside of Jewish tradition to be full fledged Germans. There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with this from the governments stand point.

Add the fact that it's an image designed to evoke a certain feeling which it succeeds at doing.

Even thinking this dude somehow embarrasses Germany is pure reddit ignorance.

Which puts Versailles supposed harshness in perspective

Germany is not occupied, it could kick American soldiers out tomorrow if it wanted

lol

>it could kick American soldiers out tomorrow if it wanted
really, from a legal standpoint?

I know Trump said some time ago he wanted money for the US troops in Germany and considered closing US bases in Germany. What about Ramstein, though, it's important for drone operations in the ME, I heard.

Laugh in american.

What do you think would realistically happen if Merkel suddenly said she wants American bases out of Germany?
Do you think Trump would twitter this is unacceptable and he is gonna invade Germany?

She'd lose the next election, that's what would happen.

>yes mutti, you are right
>sorry for troubling you that long
>we'll pack our things and be out next week

Meh, de Gaulle kicked Americans out and he did just fine

The US was literally spying on Merkel, they don't give a fuck.

theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/08/nsa-tapped-german-chancellery-decades-wikileaks-claims-merkel

France didn't have its constitution written by Americans and then split among 4 occupying powers for a few decades.

how would spying on merkel help them prevent her reelection?

Only God knows what they gathered from it. Blackmailing is a thing, user. Releasing the wrong information can easily kill a politicians career.

Let's hope they found something and release it...

Why? Do you want Martin "refugees are more valuable than gold" Schultz? Because that's what you'll get.

>Do you want Martin "refugees are more valuable than gold" Schultz?
Obviously not, after the election I mean, so that there's at least another chancellor. There are some ok people in the CDU.

CDU/CSU, SPD, FDP & Grüne all lick US boots and support NATO & EU & listen to lobby from finance & industry

>Weidel arbeitete bei Goldman Sachs
Also nichts für ungut aber die AfD ist auch nicht das Gelbe vom Ei...

true, add AfD to the bunch
probably some parts of Linke too
That makes pretty much the whole german parliament obedient puppets, no matter how the elections turn out

>Germany
>influential
Gr8 b8 m8

Germany is less materially sufficient than it ever has been. 80 million with Oder-Niesse vs. 75 million with Prussia is a lot less farmland nibba.

At least in the scientific world, Germany used to be one of the leading powers at the start of the 20th century, and even kept that status until Hitler showed up.

It has maintained that status long after Hitler's death, and also made many important contributions going back as far as the 17th

>What do you think would realistically happen if Merkel suddenly said she wants American bases out of Germany?

Germany and US are allies. America pays for bases in Germany. Germans don't want to " suddenly kick out" US forces. It's more like a very slow but strong push. This avoids unnecessary conflicts.
Germans are gradually reducing foreign military. Germans are gradually closing foreign military bases.
Within the last decade American troops have been reduced from 70.000 in 2006 to now 35.000 in 2016. This number will go down further. British troops had been reduced from 20.000 in 2006 to 3.500 in 2016 and the last Brit will leave in 2020.

Unironically all 3 reichs were more influential. Now Germany is just Turkey's bitch.

underr8ed post

The elites of every relevant european country are descended from Germany.

>HAHA LOOK AT THE NAZIS FOLLOWING THEIR OWN LAWS
People like you are the reason why the Nazis are winning

Meh, AfD is a step in the right direction at least, change will have to be gradual until it's not

>Italy
Fucking americucks get out from my country

REEEEEEEEE

Trump would declare German nationalism on the rise and depose Merkel

>Germany
>Influential

How can a country that it cannot protect their women be influential? how can a country that is dying out(culture, values) in 2 or 3 generation is influential?

Lets be truthful, they are more influencial then you guys.

You're a fucking idiot
1) the nazis lost and are not making a resurgence no matter how many internet obsessed retards tell you
2) the point of that post you replied to was I think to show the retardation of nazi german laws

What is the deal with this meme?

I have never understood this logic.

Tomorrow the lease on US an NATO bases could be un-renewed like in France and there would be no issue.

By influential, do you mean powerful or historically impactful? If you meant the latter, then I'd say the HRE was far more influential.