>>3408730

It's not that far fetched. The Greek arts had a quite a bit of influence on India, most notably on Buddhist statues

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2557057/.
news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-10/18/c_135763397.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>European DNA discovered at sites in China’s Xinjiang province from the time of the First Emperor in the Third Century BC

WE WUZ TOCHARIANS N SHIET

>China
>cheating
Imagine my shock.

this is reaching nigger levels of WEWUZING

Kek, I should have known. White wewuzzers are obsessed with Tocharians.

Woah...white people really did do everything

I bet we invented gunpowder and shit too.

how is it cheating?

I feel like the Greeks would have definitely written about China if they knew about it.

There were Greeks in Baktria and Ferghana who did have contact with China.

But it seems they went native and started doing Indo-Iranic shit instead.

>say it's Chinese masterpiece of creativity
>it's not

>European DNA discovered at sites in China’s Xinjiang province from the time of the First Emperor in the Third Century BC

What kind of literal retard thinks European DNA in fucking Uyghurstan is proof that the Greeks built the Terracotta Army in goddamn Shaanxi?

Only if they somehow knew it was greeks who made the statues (assuming this to be the case), and then lied about it.

No, it really is. This was long before Buddhism reached China, and even when it did it was carried by the likes of the Kushans, not Greeks. Greek sculptors were never present in China. There is a theory that the terracotta army was somehow inspired by reports of Greek sculpture in the east, far-fetched but not completely insane (the whole reasoning behind the idea is that the Chinese hadn't built realistic statues before, so the idea must have come from somewhere else, ignoring that somewhat naturalistic sculpture is one of the easiest art forms for a culture to develop). But this article is just clickbate garbage.

Wasn't China introduced to Buddhism by a Parthian or Persian nobleman sent as an emissary or envoy to them once the Parthians and Han China started communicating with each other about the Silk Road?

Mongolians are confirmed white.

Bodhidarma was some Kushan lad.

This article is seriously trying to link Tocharians to Greeks.

I still think that if this were a genuine possibility, then there would be a LOT more writing about China in Greek texts. Yes, the Classical Greeks might have been aware of China, and perhaps even had some idea where to find it, but if communication were common, we'd very likely know about it.

Except Western Greek writings end at the Ferghana which is the furthest of Alexander's successor state colonies and memefully subscribe to the "Le Silk Producing Kingdom we dunno but know its out there" explanation for what's beyond.

If the Ferghana valley Greek cities left any records, we have no idea. Much of what we know of them actually comes from Chinese records which called the Ferghana Greeks "Dayuan."

Chan Buddhism ! = Buddhism.

>WE WUZ WANG N SHIET
I lost count how many this kind of shit I've read before.

>Greeks
>Odin

user, I...

Funny that none of these reports actually cite the study on mtDNA from Qin laborers
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2557057/.

Greeks are the only white people to ever exist, therefore they're pure aryan race.

Also because Greeks are white, we are also white.

He was South Indian iirc

WE WUZ TOCHARIANS AND SHIIIIIIEEEET

Its literally a Chinese archeologist making the claim you dumbass

>Its literally a Chinese archeologist making the claim you dumbass
Nope.
news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-10/18/c_135763397.htm

DERETE THIS

How is it wewuzzing if it's true?

Every fucking time.

It's not Greeks pretending they wuz Qin

Isn't everything important in China across one of the largest deserts on earth in xinjiang?

If it were true i wouldn't be.

It is, because it's built on the bed of incredibly shaky evidence-- in fact, it has only two points: DNA and sudden appearance of life-like sculpture.

The DNA evidence is because European bodies and remnant European DNA has been found in far western China, country that is today inhabited by the Uyghurs, a Turkic people. That DNA is long known to have existed, and comes from a group known as the "Tocharians", an Indo-European steppe people who settled the land and created a civilization in the Tarim basin. They bear no especial resemblance to the Greeks.

The second bit of evidence is the lifelike nature of the Terracotta warriors, which would presume that only the Greeks could seek to emulate life-like forms, when the reasons for doing so are clear.

Nevermind the fact that the two regions of China are about as distant as London and Mecca.

WE

Hold your fucking phone. As a white person still living in Europe, is this my golden opportunity to wewuz?

Can I say
we wuz
Divine rulers n shiet?

Why did they sculpt chinese instead of themselves?

WE WUZ CHINKZ

Nah they made up bullshit and took one mistranslated quote from her entire interview.

Essentially, more tabloid shit.

It's always fucking this.

I saw some of the Terracotta Army exhibit at the Met and the placards mentioned Hellenistic influence or Greek sculptors quite a few times. There were even some statues of Hellenistic performers and wrestlers.

It’s not just some clickbait article that came up with this shit, it’s being discussed in academia.

There's a world of a difference between "Hellenistic influence" and "Greek sculptors".

It hardly means anything. I was at one of the historical museums in Berlin where I saw an exposition drawing parallels between Egypt and Bronze Age to Han China, with pieces from both civilizations sometimes mixed without as much as a commentary, I don't know how many of the visitors even could tell the difference.

We wuz the kings, we wuz the people...

theres a book on the roman silk road by McLaughlin that discusses people in 1 area of modern china that have a common surname, LiJian (i think) which is the name given to the greeks by the chinese. there is also an area with the same name. it goes into more detail as well as roman incursions with trade and diplomats along the route. worth a read, but its on the scholarly side of things.

If any of you asspained retards actually read the article, it doesn't attribute it to greeks due to tocharian DNA on China but due to the presence of some sculptures found in the site made with a lost waxing technique used in Greece and Egypt but unknown in Qin China

Lost wax was used in all of ancient Europe and the Near East, doesn't mean they were Greeks.

Sure, but no records exist. Probably got burned in the Library of Alexandria or something else, and never go copied further.

Still not made by ch*nks

Still not made by Greeks.