Are/Were you part of your school's history club? What was it like and what did you do?

Are/Were you part of your school's history club? What was it like and what did you do?

>tfw no history club at my school

Just went to fuck desperate, nerdy girls.

We dont have that in europe. You like history? then there is wikipedia we only want you to learn the neccesary to pass the exams nothing else.

I was a part of the club. I went for that reason too and was successful twice. I have a ton of stories about our club (went to a big state university) and the girls I fucked if you wanna hear em.

not really, mate.

Aight. Haha. Most of them are just about various spergs that show up to debate or hog the debate floor for meme topics and military history. The american civil war and wod war two weeks were incredible for this. Stuff like the han and ottomans were suprisingly absent of autists.

Tell em

What were their races?

what are some organizations / societies a historian / history fan should join?

went there in elementary
turns out it was just the teacher talking about her history with politics (hurr, politics are bad and corrupt) for 40 minutes

I went to my college's history club a few times, but wasn't really into it. The first few topics we studied were relatively boring, to me of course, and no one ever took my suggestions because they had zero prior knowledge of them. Basically no one came there to learn, just to jerk each other off about how much they already knew.

First two topics were
>women on colonial America
Which was surprisingly non-SJW or revisionist
And
>the emergence of extreme bi partisanship in America
Which was also rather refreshing. A lot of the other students voiced concern over how die hard parties have become and how it affected their voting. I tried to piggyback the fall of the Roman Republic from this topic, since the Senate was so violently opposed to reform they straight up murdered dudes, but everyone got really quiet. The only response I got was
>Uh, you mean like Caesar? You want to study Caesar?
>Well yes, the period he lived in. It's really interesting stuff.
>I don't know user, hasn't that been done to death?
>mfw I got blocked by historical hipsters who think HBO's Rome was a documentary

Ultimately it was boring. We lost like 10 mil history fags the first meeting, and others started dropping like flies once they realized that we were basically assigning ourselves more home work. The milfags tried starting their own club, but they literally only wanted to talk about WWII and the Civil War. One of their members was part of the PnP club, and they merged and evolved into a historical Wargaming group, which was fucking awesome. Wargaming really seems to broaden the horizons, simply because
>holy shit, that dude looks cool as fuck! What's he called? Lands necked? Fuck yeah let's do those dudes.

Kind of went off the rails there at the end, my bad.

Yes, OP, I did go to my school's history club. It wasn't great.

military history is 1000x more interesting than shit like
>women on colonial America
and
>the emergence of extreme bi partisanship in America

lmao, who gives a fuck about that?

there is more to history than romans and world wars

Obviously. Did you miss the part where I said it was boring? Because it was. Super boring.

The .mil club sucked because it was basically just 9 dudes sitting around memeing
>dude Zerg rush lmao
>Nazis were bad mkay
>why was Pickett such a retard lol
Thankfully the miniatures focused their attention and they became super autists in terms of equipment, troop composition, uniforms and banners. They actually did a mini battle from the Boshin War that was pretty awesome, I wish I still had pictures.
Yes, an astute observation.

My history club was just 'get out of school to go to aome place club'
Nobody in the club actually cared about history, they just wanted to go on trips to skip school. Fucking hated it.

>all of interesting history is wars and rome
What did he mean by this

>I read like a literal autist: the post

you need to learn to form your opinion fag

I probably won't be taking literary advice from someone who can't even be bothered to use the shift key or punctuate, thanks though.

Sadly no.
My interest in history didn't (re)spark until my 20's.

>played risk
>took it way too seriously
>often dressed the part of the country we were playing as