Has there ever been a single moment that has changed the course of history more than this?

Has there ever been a single moment that has changed the course of history more than this?

I can't even imagine how the people involved felt to have created it.

The Assassation of Franz Ferdinand is so overblown. It was an excuse more than a reason.

I think in a sick and twisted way it created lasting peace. Everyone is too scared to use it because it's so devastating. It's literally the bomb to end all wars.

That's literally the doctrine of MAD

There's a meme in the UK that peace in Europe since WW2 is due to the European Union.
Does anybody actually think that?

No. Even they don't think that, it's just a MUH EU excuse.

Why is a furry helping to aim the gun? I never really got this reference other than just hating furries because furries

NOW I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

He's just pretending his fursona is super-important and edgy.

Only globalist lefties who want us to be all one hugfest AKA nation.

Is there a whole series of these?

You don't have to imagine what they felt. Oppenheimer bitched to Truman about feeling like he had blood on his hands.

almost all people in europe over 40 think that
its really fucking sad and retarded

Literally every mass-extinction event.

Without the "excuse", the war wouldn't have happened.
There COULD have been another excuse eventually.
Or there could not.

In human history, then

Natural history is not history.

Natural science is not science.

I agree

This is a wrong example because it didn't change the course of history. Japan was defeated no matter what, and the researches on nuclear fission were already carried out since before the war. So it didn't change the course of the war (few months at best), and scientifically, well, it's just a step like another (steam, vaccination etc...)

Nobody thinks nuclear weapons are important because what they've done, they're important because of what they're capable of.

Mario no!!!