Is he proof that the butterfly effect is true?

No. A great European war was destined to happen with all the alliances, colonial competiton, and animosity. Had it not been gavrilo it would have been something else to set off ww1

Will brad Pitt play him in the inevitable biopic?

It would've been WAY different if not for him. The Archduke wanted to federalize the empire and give even more power to the Slavs, and was strongly against the war with Serbia, and he was the heir to the throne. No war with Serbia means Russia doesn't enter the war (or at least not in the configuration it did), which means the war would've probably started over some colonial bullshit in Africa instead.

>At first, Princip was rejected at a recruitment office in Belgrade because of his small stature. Enraged, he tracked down Tankosić himself, who also told him that he was too small and weak.[17] Humiliated, Princip returned to Bosnia and lodged with his brother in Sarajevo.

Manlets...

That guy looks nearly identical to a kid I went to high school with.

Fun fact: he didn't really have that nigger looking nose, the famous pic was taken after the soldiers beat him bloody after arrest and his nose was smashed in. Pic related is what he looked like normally.

If so I hope he plays him as a quirky sort of character. Boring, distressed everyman Brad Pitt is trash.

And with that all the resemblance is gone, good I was starting to think that methhead was secretly a time traveler

No.

WW1 was planned from the very top.
He was just the spark they were looking for. A pawn.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Imperial_War_Council_of_8_December_1912

>[Wilhelm II]'s opinion was that Austria-Hungary should attack Serbia that December, and if “Russia supports the Serbs, which she evidently does…then war would be unavoidable for us, too,” and that this would be better now than later, after completion of (the just begun) massive modernization and expansion of the Russian army and railway system toward Germany. Moltke agreed. In his professional military opinion "a war is unavoidable and the sooner the better". Moltke "wanted to launch an immediate attack."

>Both Wilhelm II and the Army leadership agreed that if a war were necessary it were best launched soon. Admiral Tirpitz, however, asked for a “postponement of the great fight for one and a half years” because the Navy was not ready for a general war that included Britain as an opponent. He insisted that the completion of the construction of the U-boat base at Heligoland and the widening of the Kiel Canal were the Navy’s prerequisites for war. The British historian John Röhl has pointed out the coincidence that the date for completion of the widening of the Kiel Canal was the summer of 1914, but a reading of the report of the conference shows no agreement as to a war in 1914. However, Tirpitz did say that the Navy wanted to wait until the Kiel Canal was ready in summer 1914 before any war could start. Though Moltke objected to the postponement of the war as unacceptable, Wilhelm sided with Tirpitz. Moltke yielded "only reluctantly."

>Wilhelm's opinion
Wilhelm's opinion wouldn't matter shit if Franz Ferdinand ascended to the throne, as I explained here:

>opinion
It wasn't an "opinion" bucko, it was German state policy. They had spent more than 15 years gearing up for war since the Dreadnought race was declared, and they were going to have their war one way or another.

The Schlieffen Plan called for war at 1913-1914 at the latest, Von Motlke had calculated that past this date, Franco-Russian power would become unassailable and the plan worthless. 15 years of preparation and military build up would have been for nothing.

How manny sauces have yer got,
Lad?

Foley, R. T. (2006) [2003]. Alfred von Schlieffen's Military Writings. London: Frank Cass. ISBN 978-0-7146-4999-3.

Röhl, John C. G. (July 1973). 1914: delusion or design?: The testimony of two German diplomats. Elek. ISBN 978-0-236-15466-1.

what's the deal with this pseudo-avatarfagging?

English historians usually forget to mention the British Royal navy had plans to be at war with the German Imperial navy by July 1914, and they started making those p[lands in 1906.

They also fail to mention the French Army's Plan 17, which involved invading Germany and occupying Berlin, also scheduled for 1914.

Doesn't change the point - War was planned on both sides and was going to happen regardless of Gavrilo Princip

No dude, you're an idiot. Why would Austria-Hungary follow German state policies if they had a monarch drastically opposed to attacking Serbia?

You are overreaching.
The proposal for a "United States of Greater Austria" is a hare-brained idea dating from 1906 that was hardly going to be implemented as it removed too much power from the Hungarian crown which in practice would have been politically untenable. It was just a proposal, by a Romanian politician, which had the favorable ear of Franz Ferdinand, who was still a couple of years away from getting the throne since you need Franz Joseph I to kick the bucket first.

What is even funnier is that my original post has nothing to do with your theory, as I said, the war would have started over something else, as it almost did during the Agadir Crisis. Franz Ferdinand's survival wouldn't have changed this fact.

Lastly, don't call me an idiot when you are the one replying to my posts with unrelated drivel and calling Wilhelm II's War Council of 1912 an "opinion". Moron.

The text you posted literally began with the words "Wilhelm II's opinion" you unfathomably stupid faggot, I was reacting to that. You're literally criticizing me for repeating the shit YOU posted.
>United States of Greater Austria
Not as relevant as the Archduke's staunch opposition to the idea of starting a war against Serbia. I'm not sure why you're acting like Germany was forming A-H's entire foreign policy as if A-H had no say in it.

>The text you posted literally began with the words "Wilhelm II's opinion" you unfathomably stupid faggot, I was reacting to that.
I posted a transcript describing the German War Council of 1912, asshat. Numerous members of the German military speak, showing the war at least on Germany's side (and British, French and Russian) was being planned in advance.
You latched onto the first sentence to make a strawman or because you are such a brainlet you couldn't be bothered to read the entire quoted text.

>Not as relevant as the Archduke's staunch opposition to the idea of starting a war against Serbia.
The Archduke was the heir to the throne, not yet in power. The Schlieffen Plan called for war at 1914 at the lastest, thus it is very likely war would had erupted that year regardless of what happened to Franz Ferdinand. Both the British and German war plans called for a conflict in 1914. Austria-Hungary was a sideshow to this.

>Archduke's staunch opposition to the idea of starting a war against Serbia
the archduke also wasn't the fucking ruler yet so he doesn't matter.