What we're witnessing here is the altcoin bubble

What we're witnessing here is the altcoin bubble.

See, BTC is the only crypto that matters. It's the only crypto that has a proven value and use that people care about. It's the only crypto that will be around in 50 years. Want a lambo? All you had to do was buy and hold BTC. It was that simple.

But that wasn't good enough for some people. "Why have a lambo," they asked themselves, "when I could code a lambo factory?"

And so the king of shitcoins - ETH - was invented. ETH has no use or value. ETH only exists to create useless shitcoins. ETH is the reason for ICOs. ICOs are the reason that old Chinese women lose their lifesavings in memecoins. Old Chinese women losing their lifesavings is the reason China has got out the ban hammer. The Chinese ban hammer is the reason why altcoinfags are taking their money, including their BTC money, and running.

Study this chart - Percentage of Total Market Capitalization (Dominance):
coinmarketcap.com/charts/

BTC has gone from 95% of the market to 45%. What has taken it's place? ETH - the king of shitcoins - and its shitcoin offspring. There's no reason for those shitcoins to exist, and no reason for ETH to exist except to create those shitcoins. This state of things is an aberration. It won't last forever. ETH is a tumor on the side of BTC and China is the chemo.

Once the altcoinfags are out and BTC fixes its infrastructure problems it's going to climb back up to 90%+ market cap.

Monero is the only crypto that matters.

wtf I love/hate btc/eth now

Fuck off maximalists. You guys are literally retarded and don't know shit about anything other than your dinosaur coin

OP is right. In the end all I care about is how many BTC I own. I couldn't give a rats ass about "OMG" "NEO" "ETH" "XMR" or any other "coin".

There is only one true King. My King.

Bitcoin.

I want to fuck Dani Bregoli's mouth.

>this level of autism

I agree but that kind of thinking prevented me from making a shit ton of money in ethereum ,I like trading alts for fun but the end goal is to get more btc

the alt bubble is just beginning. most alts/btc ratios have more than halved from ath and now its time to moon imo desu

It's losing steam

Wrong. People use BTC to HEDGE. Next to fall will be BTC.

Being emotionally attached to a name is dumb. The banker bilderberg bitcoin and the chinese miner bitcoin have little to do with the Bitcoin of 2009. If ideological purity is your concern, backing LTC or Monero makes more sense. If making money is your goal, ETH is where it's at.

Agreeed this dip is losing steam. They tried so hard to crash it, rumors of bans, China banning ICOs, whales dumping from the ATH, all happening in the same weekend and they didnt even manage to get it sub 4k after working on it all week. BTC is getting stronger in its resilience to fluxuations.

the thing is bubbles are popping almost daily now. Lots of people lost money to PnD shitcoins already and still losing.
But the blockchain tech is here to stay. And Bitcoin along with it.

Except what is the real bitcoin

>maximalists

requesting that someone puts money skeleton into this image template

Okay? I've made over $200,000 USD off altcoins starting with a few thousand dollars. I'd still be sitting at like $10k if I just threw it all into BTC and let it stagnate.

BTC is the real shitcoin. Slow as fuck, expensive as fuck to use and crippled by petty in-fighting that has ground innovation to a halt for years.

The only thing it has is its first mover advantage and that doesn't last forever.

If you honestly think that BTC will go to 90%+ market cap ever again you are beyond delusional.

Will literally send money to a btc/eth/zcash address if someone makes the image and makes it good.

>crippled by petty in-fighting

The reason shitcoins don't have in-fighting is because no one uses shitcoins. People actually have money and interests on the line in bitcoin.

In other words, you are saying "my shitcoin is so shitty no one cares about it, therefore buy it!"

>mfw shitcoin pushers are actually this dumb

So as BTC use increases the in-fighting will also increase? Enjoy.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters : BTC is becoming accepted by actual countries as actually valid currency for actual purchases, others coins are not.
Don't get me wrong, shitcoins are great as luck-based money makers, there's nothing wrong with putting 5-10% of your assets into shitcoins and hope for moonings, but the real meat here is and for the foreseeable future will be BTC.

>BTC is shit
>BTC is a meme
>BTC have no value
Exactly the same as gold, the earliest meme currency. Yet owning a kilo of gold makes you objectively rich, just like holding one bitcoin will make you rich in a decade.

Deal with it or not, this is the Reality.

Here you go famalam

0x46E8bBA717d3307B6Ec026C9287B8717c5e5d25f

ETH is all that matters. It has more the most transactions per day, it has the best leadership. None of the political bullshit that BTC has. BTC could have had segwit 2 years ago. But it took 2 years of politics to get it across the line. It's time has past. ETHs lightning network is in testing. With raiden and plasma ETH can scale to do billions of transactions per second. You're not dumb for believing in BTC, you're just stupid for thinking ETH is shit.

This. BTC will be for the normies and neets, ETH is for business purposes. Scammy ICOs have made you believe its a shit coin because they got their hands on it first but let's see when the first conglomerate starts using ETH and it moons beyond BTC in about a day.

Also here's a closeup because why not

holy shit the new friends here is thick as hell

eth:

(1) PoS is a scam that doesn't work
(2) no solution for oracle problem but always fraudulently claiming the ability to support smart contracts regardless
(3) lightning network mathematically proven not to be a scaling solution

eth is easily the shittiest of the shitcoins

Too late.

Nice meme lines you fucking idiot

Well what are BTC cucks gonna do if lightning doesnt work?

that bitch is ugly.

>dyed red hair
Hood rat trash

BTC holders truly are the boomers of crypto

that's why BTC successor has spawned. BCC is here, barely a month old and gathering steam.

Buy now or kill yourself.

BTC having 90% market share was ridiculous. There is no sector in the world where a single entity has 90% of the market share.

And the market has finally acknowledged that.

The reason why you are upset is because you hold BTC exclusively.

So why are you supporting BTC which wants to implement Lightning?

What the fuck? ETH has much more intrinsic value than Bitcoin. Everything Bitcoin does, Monero does it better. Anyone who thinks Bitcoin is the best cryptocoin is legit retarded.

shut up grandpa, bitcoin is outdate technology that is only good to store value, but eventually something else will replace it.
put all ur money on bitcoin and sit on it, and watch it all burn in a decade or so.

XMR is the only future. All other coins are just slaves to acquire more XMR.

Bitcoin is only valuable because it was the first.

Now it's outdated, slow, boring coin, the normies are entering in altcoins, don't even talk anymor about Bitcoins,

And it's funny see in this thread a lot of XMR shillers scared and desperate to pump their soon worthless coin when XVG will be a big thing.

bitcoin appears to be going in the shitter after the chinese ban on cryptoexchanges

Yes to altcoin bubble, no to BTC. Way too slow. Technology is already obsolete. It's gonna go down the shitter and be dethroned. It's Legacycoin at this point. The next king is anyone's guess.

youve got it wrong faggot. ETH is actually the end-all coin... it does everything that bitcoin does (better, mind you) as well as much more... its a distributed computation system

the goal here to to use bitcoin and other shitcoins to increase your amount of ETH

bitcoin is crypto theres no next king of the hill, also no country would actually tie their currency to bitcoin

theres a reason why the big finance still wont touch crypto

I want those tongue piercings going up and down my dickā€¦

please point out what makes bitcoin obsolete and why ETH or others are more convenient

The best crypto is whichever one people want the most

The ERC20 protocol is only scalable to a certain point. Once it reaches a certain level, they will have to figure a solution or ETH will form a bottleneck.

k keep me posted

There's literally no reason for you to say that other than so that other men would read what you wrote, which strongly implies that you're homosexual.

Keep looking at the world through your bais

problem is as time goes on more cryptos keep popping up. therefore theres a greater and greater chance of putting your money into something that doesnt get any traction at all.

with bitcoin if you got in early enough you dont give a fuck anymore, and there are still some good winners in the past couple of years, like ethereum, but as a whole the staying power of new coins is significantly less, because while bitcoin has become entrenched as "the" cryptocurrency, the userbase of newer coins are all too quick to jump to the next coin in the race to catch up to those bitcoin early adopters.

this ADHD behavour from newbie investors is what causes so many new coins even if they have good tech to lay dead once the hype runs out. and its going to get worse the more the rate of new coins increases.

we really need a washout of altcoins, kill 95% of them and have significant capital consolidation, maybe then some sanity can return to this space.

Have a bump op. 100% true

Shh.

only reason Bitcoin boomed so big this years is precisely because of "shitcoins". Because for most people to acquire ETH tokens they have to buy Bitcoin or ETH or Litecoin with fiat and then trade that shit for their shitcoins.

Without ETH and ICOs BTC would still be stuck at sub $1000 and that's the truth. Only thing that keeps BTC volume high is exchange volume for token pairs.

bitcoin is nosediving quicker than trumps approval ratings.

I havent seen this many things nosedive since I watched a video of japanese kamikaze pilots.

WATCH THE BITCOIN HIT THE FLOOR
RAAAAAWWWWW

Lol no. The most valuable crypto will obviously be the one for which the demand is the highest, but the BEST is not about price, it's about technical aspects.

We all know BTC, ETH and LTC are the only ones that will surely be left standing in the end.

Some like XMR, Ripple, Dash etc., maybe even BCH may survive, but it's obvious that BTC, ETH and LTC will rule.

And it's not because of their functionalities. Thers have been many a coin with better functionalities than BTC.

It's about what they symbolize. BTC symbolizes freedom from institutional overlords. LTC is its silver; LTC is what BCH should have been if it wanted a chance.

ETH will take over many legal phenomena. I can easily see many of the functions that made lawyers necessary be automatize by ETH.

Of course, there will be black market coins and all that stuff like Dash etc

As someone who holds both BTC and ETH, I really hate these posts. Either BTC adopts smart contracts and starts getting faced with the same problems as ETH, or it doesn't adopt them which leaves a gigantic niche for ETH to fill. You're the equivalent of a Microsoft fanboy who says that Apple is useless and is going to die any moment now. They will both succeed and there's nothing you can do to change that.

And people only buy bitcoin to buy eth tokens then sell it immediately. Decentralized exchanges = the end of bitcoin, especially now that zcash and monero are better than bitcoin at privacy. all bitcoin had was drugs and exchanges and now it is losing both.

The bitcoin brand is diluted by constant infighting and fork after fork. And it really doesn't have any "network effects'. Something like 20k wallets own 60% of all bitcoin. less than 100k own 90% of all bitcoin. it is a dead coin mate.