Veeky Forums recommended vidya

we had a good thread lately about this
post your favorite Veeky Forums vidya
no Civilization shit allowed since it's as close to history as Wolfenstein

WHERE MY CAMPFIRE GAMES NIGGAS AT?!

Brigadier General donor reporting in!

Teaches you a lot of about ancient Greece

Anybody has any good battle simulators? I was reading wiki articles on some battles and now i have a terrible urge to defend some fort with 50 men against russian hordes.

Close Combat
Combat Mission
Graviteam Tactics

anything not from ww2?

ww1 games are niche as it is
don't know any that are from a tactical side though
none with 3D graphics anyway

Ive been looking for Talvisota "mod" for Blitzkrieg for several years already, do you guys know where could i find it?

i remember seeing it on a torrent in tpb though that was a long time ago
you might try Rutracker, i've seen all kinds of obscure WW2 strategies there

Operation Star

Me and my friend loved to hate the anglo.
So we just played in historical simulation game where we can exterminate anglo.

It was fun.

Those French borders look fucking disgusting

I was waiting that Trastamara die so i would be able to claim throne.

But, indeed, i was spreading like a cancer.

My officially approved list:

* Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
* Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday (w/ Stony Road mod)
* Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday 1914 mod
* Victoria: Revolutions
* Victoria II
* Europa Universalis series
* Railroad Tycoon 3 (One of the best economics modeling I've seen in a game)
* Crusader Kings II
* WarThunder
* Pharaoh and Caesar series from Sierra (Zeus too, but it's a bit more goofy and less historical )

Don't know if it's global, but right now on Steam EU4, Crusader Kings 2 and Hearts of Iron IV are all on sale.

>paying the Scandi jew

>tfw really enjoy CK2
>tfw really want to play EU4 but too much of a brainlet to get it

Play Spain, colonize the New World, and just sandbox that

EUIV is easier to play than CK2, what are you on about???

Anybody know if WW2 Online is authentic at all? As in the way the combat is, the uniforms and weapons etc.

Are there any besides total war? I guess you can kinda do what you want in the custom battles.

>Veeky Forums games
>it's all military history strategy autism
I want a historical game that isn't focused on war for a change.

Victoria II and the Sierra games (Pharaoh, Caesar and Zeus) focus on population. Vic2 has warfare but its possible to stay peaceful the whole game and just improve your economy, you wont get to expand much though. The sierra games i haven't played that much nor in a long time, but i know that they have military buildings, although i only remember some of the missions had combat and it was mostly defense.

In WW2 online most decisions come down to balance not accuracy.

Still fun though.

What about Emperor from Sierra?
I love ancient china, and I've been thinking about getting it.

No HoI3 BlackIce with Historical submods?

Pro Tip: KYS

I enjoyed Eu4 and really wanted to play CK2 but was too much of a brainlet to get it

>understand Victoria 2 at an intermediate-level
>still can't play CK2 and EUIV beyond tutorial-level

I've always thought the medieval period to be boring as fuck so maybe that's why.

>big ol' steam sale
>find 100shekels of my old birthday money
>"ima buy vidya"
>buy vidya
>realise i just bought a couple shitty games and the rest of it on EU4 dlc

Which Grand Strategy game is easiest to get into for somebody that has 0 experience with them?

There are people out there who don't pirate Parajew games? You actually pay for this shit?

Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm 2 are great and pretty historically accurate for the most part.

Hoi 4
No real economy management.
Focused 90% on military.

HOI4, play germany

HOI IV without doubt, play now, the next patch seems to add complexity to the game so will be best if you learn now

Zeus a shit, Emperor is the best

But seriously, ive spend months lf my life playing those games as a kid, especially Caesar 3 and Emperor.
Pure kino

RULE THE WAVES
U
L
E

T
H
E

W
A
V
E
S

sorry for the quote there

Stealing is for niggers

I'm assuming he simply hasn't played it. It's a perfectly good entry in the series.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront

hope you like playing Russians, they're the only ones left

EU took me a really long time to grok too, it just didn't work as I expected. It's hard to explain.

>stealing
Hello corporate kike.

HoI 4 with Black Ice mod

Verdun

>uses battle ai
kys

t.french

What's the trick to enjoying HoI3? I played HoI2 to death, but could never get into the sequel. Everything outside of combat is boring, and with combat I have the choice of micromanaging my units and getting an aneurysm, or letting the AI manage them and getting wrecked.

>have the choice of micromanaging my units

That's the fun.

They're all bad, I saw someone in a Middle Ages thread going on about how he had never heard of a system of succession etc etc, as if life back the had been directly lifted from ck2
Obsessed

medieval 2 is the best historical game of all time

I've found HoI3 extremely lacking in its historical research, compared to HoI2.

There are political parties that shouldn't exist at the time, leaders with the wrong ideologies, missing generals, wrong OOBs in the smaller nations and a myriad of other problems.

They got lazy and slacked on their historical research, even weirder, they changed things from HoI2 that were correct.

Since the main purpose of Paradox Games should be historical accuracy, I ragequit, uninstalled and never bothered with the HoI series again, sticking with Doomsday.

I don't know if there are any mods for HoI3 that fix these problems, if you claim the historical accuracy is good I might give Black Ice a try.

I suggested several non-military games.

Sierra Games (Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus, Emperor as someone mentioned) are focused on city building, the military aspect is very limited and can be avoided altogether.

Likewise, Railroad Tycoon 3 is a business simulator, with a very accurate economics model and historical research.

Yep, I'm from Latvian and had a nice laugh when Ulmanis (Latvian leader at the time) was branded as a fascist when he was more of an authoritarian leader.

EU4 is so casual it's not even funny anymore, just use your bird, book and sword mana to min-max your provinces like a faggot

this
also enjoy spending 50 years doing nothing because your leader is a 1/1/2 scrub.
You can't get a good heir with good stats and traits by planning your marriages like in CK2. It's all pure RNG and luck

HoI4 is even worse when it comes to that, I remember a communist Luxembourg was literally called Rosa Luxembourg

That's like bitching about the Jan Mayan meme country user

>Imperium Romanum
>Playing through a campaign mission
>Last objective is to have no unhappy citizens
>Considering how needy all of the pops in the game are, say fuck it
>Demolish all of my houses and banish all of my citizens
>Win

nobody can be unhappy if there's nobody left

Have anybody played EU: Rome? I tried it some years back, but didn't really get into it. MIght give it another shot.

I TRY THAT BUT FUCKING FRENCHIES TRIYING TO RAPE ME EVERY 10 YEARS

>Communist Luxembourg is renamed Rosa Luxembourg

Thats not bad game design, thats fucking hilarious. If I knew that was a thing when i was still playing HOI I would have played as germany, let Luxembourg become communist, and then crush them immediately so that i can edit the screencaps to rename germany "Freikorps". It would have been glorious.

It's shit, like a half arsed CK1 and EU3 had a FAS child with Vicky1 elections. Hope you like populism

it's ok for one playthrough as Rome but it has zero replayability whatsoever just because of how barebone it is when it comes to any other nation

I found Empire total war and Shogun total war to be really good games. I enjoy the time period of both games though so I'm a bit biased

If you like Sengoku shit you should play the Takeda series, it's like historically autistic Shogun 2

Thanks user, I'll take a look at it

>ctrl+f
>no Dong Tuna

For shame.

>he thinks paradox is more Veeky Forums than civ

>CK2
>Can do whatever you want in the middle ages!
>EUIV
>Can do whatever you want in the renaissance era!
>Vic2
Can do whatever you want in the Industrial era!
>HoI
>You either play these 6 nations or you get rekt because the games spans 12 years

>he thinks both aren't equally shit

My familerino. Emperor is great.

>really like 18th century colonial stuff
>can't enjoy empire at all because of the full retard choreographed kill move engine that makes it look like a really really really bad historical movie whenever melee combats happen

play Hearts of Iron 4 if you want to play a meme shit game like taking over the world as Albania or something

>>HoI
>>You either play these 6 nations or you get rekt because the games spans 12 years
You'd like Hearts of Iron 4, have fun conquering the entire world as luxembourg in ten years

I just want a game in the modern age that allows some kind of alternate history, in EU IV you can become a massive trade empire as Tarnate and no one bitches about that.

What's up mah niggas

I wonder how much flak you would get if you made a WW2 shooter and made one of the German side player models middle-eastern or African.

Eyyyyyy

Wasn’t there a Korean guy that was in the Wehrmacht?

You can occasionally find pictures of black Wehrmacht soldiers on /pol/

WIR

SIND

It doesn't end

GARY GRIGSBY'S WAR IN THE EAST/WEST MY DUDES

>mfw iberian/moor/french rape babies
maybe we don't live in the worst timeline after all

>play CK2 as viking
>loot, steal, raid, hang christian priests
>take blonde french loli prisoner
>her parents won't pay ransom
>event for prisoner torture
That game is awesome.

>Viktor
How are autismbux going?

The Guild 2 + DLCs is great

Black Ice is Wehrkids wank with horrible balance and leader units, don't play.

Patrician taste

>he doesnt play hoi3 just to set up his autistically perfect OOB

such a great and cozy game.
goodpost.

also darkhest hour red orchestra mod.

I love CK2 because of how damn silly it gets
>HIP a best

>Pope gave me the right to invade Byzantium after I gave him a county and some gold

Waren*

Have you played M&T mod? Does it improve the base game? Has someone tried it, do I really need to get the Cossacks DLC for the interface?

>frogs