Tell me again why it took till 1943 for Germany to implement total war? Didn't anyone tell Hitler, you fail to plan...

Tell me again why it took till 1943 for Germany to implement total war? Didn't anyone tell Hitler, you fail to plan, you plan to fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zCTJmXrgsFg
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Because they didn't have any huge defeats until 1943.

You realise he was parodying Churchill when the called for 'Total War', right? Germany had been low energy till that point.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

It didn't. Read Wages of Destruction. The Germans committed a greater percentage of their overall economy to war purposes than any major power except the Soviets.

Because Hitler didnt want to lose due to public opinion like germany did in WW1. German defeat in WW1 was largely due to shortages and instability on the homefront so Hitler kept germany off from war economy until 1943 when the military demand for material became more important than any concern for public opinion or how it would be affected by harsh rationing.

Which is of course why he started food rationing before the war even started.

They never implemented total war. goebbels was begging for it as he had been realistic the whole time about Germanies chances. When Stalingrad happened he was full blown panic but only got Speer and Goerring to agree with it.

He basically went rogue and made the famous speech to put political pressure on Hitler to actually do something to mobilize the economy for war.

However Hitler did agree but never really made a true effort even after 1943. Whether this was incompetence, too big a task to implement that late in the game or Hitler never truly backed the policy seems to be untouched by historians.

Source is Goebbels diary and his biography.

German economy was pretty much completely mobilized for war even before 1939.

Story of Hitler's fucking life right there.

Oh, and they bought their own stab in the back bullshit, and thought their big thing to worry about was domestic unrest.

>this stupid fucking thread AGAIN
None of the major powers got into full war production until 1944

sage

>increase in final products equals increase in expenditure
Stop this stupid fucking meme please, kouhai.

It's the total amount of aircraft produced by each country in each year you stupid fucking nigger faggot. Nowhere does it say "expenditure".

Every time I look at the USA, I just laugh.

>German defeat in WW1 was largely due to shortages and instability on the homefront.
Shortages and instability may have eventually caused Germany to collapse in WW1 even had the remaining Entente powers done nothing other than continue to blockade. However, German armies were actually defeated on the Western front in 1918 and were being driven back toward Germany's borders. That was the immediate reason for why the Kaiser agreed to seek an armistice. Late 1918 and then 1919 would have seen the Entente breach Germany's borders and begin occupying the country.
It's true that shortages of military supplies contributed to the German military's collapse. However, I don't think that alleviation of shortages on the home front would have done anything to save Germany from military defeat.

You are inferring that because the total amount of final products increased, mobilization of economy for war must have increased. That's asinine.

Yeah, the sheer industrial power of America was kinda-sorta known since 1900 but nobody wanted to believe it.

It is measuring production, not total stocks of aircraft. This is a "flow" metric.

Wut
The chart shows that the UK and USA hit almost-max production in 1943 already. And of course the USSR was in full war production mode from 1941 onward. They were in desperation mode, after all. It's just that the war imposed such a disorganization that it took a while to get things sorted out.
When people talk about "total war" they mean max effort, not max output.

>85 is almost the same as 96

Production does not increase geometrically with the rate of mobilization. Production increase is affected also by increase in efficiency, which goes up over time. A country that spends the same amount of resources on production of aircraft will constantly increase rate of production until hitting the efficiency bottleneck.
You are also completely ignorant of the fact that in early years of the war, huge amounts of economic resources were spent on expanding munitions factories by all countries.

Hitler and the German government were deathly afraid that the German people would "stab them in the back" and revolt, like they (thought they) did at the end of WW1. Thus they went to great lengths to keep the population in line, keep them satisfied, and not implement too much rationing etc. They also used lots of internal propaganda and of course scapegoating minorities. Another method of controlling the people was to break down the family unit and make individuals more dependent on the state, especially children, teens, and young adults. Which they were.

I still think that if Hitler were somehow able to bide his time for another 10 or 20 years he could've had a much firmer grip on Germany. But then again, the economy probably would've collapsed so it would've been a moot point anyway.

actually by mid 1942, top Nazis knew they will lose the war but their ego prevented them from seeking peace

>USA: So how many levels of industrial output are you on?
>USSR: Heh, I dunno, like, 25,000 my comrade
>USA: You are like little babby, watch this
>S P E N D D

Do you honestly think factory technology in 1944 was that different from 1939?

>improvements in technology is the only thing that affects production
You really have no fucking clue, do you?

Do you? You keep throwing out insults without actually being helpful in the least. Be helpful or go away.

If you have ever had a real job (i.e. not working the cash register at the dairy queen), you would have known that human expertise both at the worker-level and management-level is a crucial factor. Workers who have been assembling aircraft for 3 years are better at the job than ones who are being trained, same for managers doing their job.
Familiarity increases production in many other ways. For example, parts become more abundant and standard. More efficient methods of procuring material and delivering the final products are found.

Why the fuck didn't you just say "human capital"?

Why the fuck don't you already know this? Stupid fuck.

>knows the the term human capital
>doesn't know what efficiency means
Who the fuck are you?

It was even more than the Soviets.

youtu.be/zCTJmXrgsFg

Every time I hear this I can't help but think about
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

>Whether this was incompetence, too big a task to implement that late in the game or Hitler never truly backed the policy seems to be untouched by historians.
literally parkinson's, declining physical and mental health and his total isolation from reality in a physical sense

>Italy not even trying

Same reason as most of Germanys failings in the Second World War, they got drunk on victory and started to think their own propaganda was true.