Is this an accurate depiction of American combat tactics during WW2?

Is this an accurate depiction of American combat tactics during WW2?

Why didn't they equip soldiers with meat shields since they were so effective?

no but it's a nearly perfect depiction of soviet combat tactics, except the soldier he's using as a meat shield should be alive

He's an amazing shot to be able to shoot a rifle so accurately from the hip one-handed while carrying an adult body. Also manages to fire more than the max rounds in the mag.

Hi Goebbels how are you today

I count 13 shots, that's a BAR, and the mag would fire 20, it's a squad heavy weapon

Mel Gibson likes to have blood and shit in his movies. He thinks it's more realistic. He kinda went overboard with the battle scenes in Hacksaw Ridge tho, they often (as in OP's webm) looked ridiculous.

I counted 20+.

did he picked up auto aim too?

Source?
Also yes of course it's accurate, I don't see any flaw in this scene.

This is so fucking cringy. I find it hard to understand why people think this is good movie when the action scenes are completely over the top and unbelievable

Hacksaw Ridge

I like how there's absolutely no recoil

My thinking exactly.

Isn't that a BAR? Shooting that on full auto with two hands accurately is impossible, let alone with one.

It was really dumb action. Decent movie with cartoony action.

carrying 100+ pounds in a firefight seems like a great idea

Only if you're a big guy user

I've got two words for you:
Adrenaline.
Though I do agree with you, it's still over the top with the accuracy.

American engineering

I couldn't finish it. I mean, the actual battle was horrific and brutal (see The Pacific) but this was so over the top it felt insulting. I mean for fuck's sake, your telling the story of a Congressional Medal of Honor winner, have some fucking class, do the story justice.

it's much harder than it looks

Doesn't adrenaline fuck up accuracy?

This is why "Band of Brothers" was better than "The Pacific."

>one person taking out a fuck ton of krauts

Fuck yeah

they're fighting japs