Who won the Battle of Jutland?

Who won the Battle of Jutland?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did.

Big strategic Allied victory, German navy bottled up in its harbor for the rest of the war

Humiliating tactical defeat but important strategic victory for the Allies.

wouldn't use the word humiliating desu, even germany in ww1 didnt call it that

and who are you

Bongs. Yeah, their battle line got trashed, but they pushed the Krauts back and they never tried a mass sortie again.

Tactical victory for Germany. Strategic victory for Britain. Jutland proved that the German navy was to put up a strong fight against Britain's Royal Navy, but at the same time, it also proved that the German navy was so overwhelmingly outnumbered that it didn't even matter

No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

The British, it was the end of naval engagements of that magnitude, the German fleet was not able to act that magnificently again until they scuttled their entire navy rather than see the greedy allies gain hold of it after the end of the war.

Britain, they succeeded in containing the German fleet which was their goal.

The Germans did put on a good show although a lot of blame can be placed on the command fuck up on the British side.

>muh kdr
back to /v/ brainlets

>66% strength
>300% more casualties

Pretty clear the Germans won

Germans won so hard that afterwards they couldn't import any food or supplies, and people were starving.

>muh kdr (still)
Please read some of the better informed replies in this thread

The British campaign worked as intended and continued to work after Jutland.

People need to stop thinking about wars as a series of glorious battles.

>winning means being blockaded and your people using sawdust to make bread

I'd hate to see what losing looks like in your world.

The same way they've won World War II, right?
Back to Call of Duty with you.

Here is another great British "strategic" victory from ww1

No doubt hundreds of buttblasted brit sockpuppets died in action to change the result from a simple loss like the Battle of Jutland, this is I wont even donate the price of a cup of coffee to wikipeida so go fuck yourself.

>muh kdr
>suddenly no muh kdr
What did he meme by this?

>muh k/d
Add it to the list of German ""victories"" along with this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad

tactical success is what wins wars, you can win at great cost, war is not free

>Muh kfr

Then the Battle of Jutland was a German tactical sucess, I win the thread

>1600 to 5000
>2 corps vs 4 corps
>300% more casualties with 50% of the strength
>B-but muh Belgian police!!!!!

Krauts on fucking suicide watch

Germans failed completely in their tactical aim.

Reminder that German Empire had better k:d ratio than any other major power.
Ententefags on suicide watch.

Tactical aim was to cause casualties, a few more of those battles and the royal navy would have clogging up the north sea, you cant see a clear result because you have rudyard kiplings cum in your eyes

Tactical aim was to lure out a significant portion of the GF and destroy it. HSF did not come close to accomplishing this goal.

Germany didn't risk the HSF in the hopes of possibly sinking 20% more tonnage than they lost.

>a few more of those battles
Can you guess why no more of these battles happened? It wasn't because the RN didn't want to fight the Germans.

You're right. If only Germany just meme'd up more ships from nowhere to finish off the tiny Royal Navy.

Britain

The Kriegsmarine won the cruiser pre fight but proceeded to get their T crossed TWICE

If it hadn't been for the fog they wouldve never gotten back to sausage land. And they never tried again

>British Royal Navy constantly looking back at the great victory at Trafalgar, assumed naval supremacy after Seven Years War, pride of the empire

>German Imperial Navy an effect of Wilhelm's ambition, constantly expanded throughout the years as the only navy that can be a match for the British

That's a premise for a war of the century. Was Battle of Jutland a disappointing conclussion?

found the problem with your reasoning

was the classic epic battle with open end to don't disappoint anyone and that's why it sucks

Fucking crossovers.

>Kriegsmarine
>WW1

Ok

Der Würstmarine

I dont speak untermensch

Krauts ran away when the fun was really starting and rebelled when they're ordered to fight against RN's full might again.

Top 10 Most Disappointing Anime Battles

I think Western Front made up for it
>tfw Jutland was the only major naval battle with Pre-Dreadnoughts and Battleships duking it out with each other without CV's getting involved

the proud lord said

Jelliefish couldve won something that puts him with the likes of Barbarossa Heyreddin,Nelson and Yi Sun Yi but retarded subordinates like Beaty ensure that the Kriegsmarine escaped

Literally no one cares about Meme Sun Yi.

Really they had pre-Dreadnoughts? Because every ship I'm looking up was built after 1905.

Germany locally, Britain strategically.

Germany had essentially given up the Naval Race by 1914, the blockade and the desperation it caused was the primary reason they even attempted to go toe to toe with the Royal Navy at Jutland. Due to the size of their fleet, they either had to win big once or not at all. Multiple major engagements would simply deplete them before they would Britain.

It's also worth noting that the Royal Navy suffered a whole stack of problems and bad combat performance during WW1, yet they still muddled through and remained, essentially, dominant.

Krauts had six of them present for the battle.
>sms deutschland
>sms hannover
>sms pommem (sunk by a british destroyer during the fight)
>sms schlesien
>sms schleswig-holstein
>sms hessen

>victory so brilliant that the Germans have a great feast in celebra-

>tactical success is what wins wars
R u having a giggle? Strategy > tactics
If you win every battle bar the last most likely you lose the war

Some of them look just like dreadnoughts I wouldn't know the difference otherwise.
Some other unrelated ships from that era look far more distinct like USS Olympia. I think one of only three surviving pre-dreadnoughts.

>tfw the Germans were allowed to keep the Schlesien and the Schleswig-Holstein after the war because they were so worthless even in 1918.
>tfw they were still using the things in WW2.

Holy shit I thought it was a different one but it's the same Schleswig-Holstein that pretty much started World War II. What a career.

Battleships didn't become Dreadnoughts because they were built after the Dreadnought. Some navies like France and Germany just kept building ships with an outdated design for a few more years.

Hell, even Brits finished their last pre-dreads after Dreadnought was completed

the germans were routed at jutland, despite their >KDR.

the only thing preventing them from annihilation and far greater casualties was jellicoe's conservative nature in deciding not to pursue.

in the end, jellicoe was right. the german high seas fleet was castrated and remained in dock as resource sink while he didn't lose any more of his sailors' lives. not the kind of thinking that gets statues made out of you though.