>the Kosminski DNA controversy
>the James Maybrick diary

>worked with surgical precision
>probably didn't like prostitutes, just a hunch

Who the fuck was this asshole?

Other urls found in this thread:

jtrforums.com/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the person who posted below me. Ask him anything.

Who even are the suspects? Who is the most viable candidate?

>The (((Star)))

What if Jack the Ripper was a manifestation of the haunted subconscious of Victorian society? What if he never really existed as an individual, but was a projected psychic excrescence of the pent up and overlapping misogyny and hidden violence of the Empire?

Why did you do it, Jack?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU HIDING

TALK!

Maybe he just enjoyed killing prostitutes.

My explanation sounds way cooler. We're never going to know the truth anyway.

it was hh holmes

Sebastian, of course. He stopped because he was spirited away by the Vorlons.

IMO, the Nathan Kaminsky/David Cohen hypothesis makes the most sense. If you accept that they could have been the same person, he fits the profile and description perfectly. The only thing that requires a leap of logic is the idea that the police and asylum could have gotten the name of a non-English speaking Jew wrong, which isn't that much of a stretch.

>obscuring the fact a Jew did it by saying it was just a projection of Victorian volksgeist
Nice try Schlomo

It was probably Kosminski. And forget about the DNA from the shawl. It proved nothing. He was chosen as the candidate because he's always been suspect number 1. There's some controversy about where he lived. The blue dots represent his family's house and his probable location although recent investigation apparently indicates that he lived directly next to where Elizabeth Stride's body was found. And I mean directly it's the first building to the left or right off the location. Whichever of these three it was the location matches. And Kosminski was namedropped as the prime suspects by two senior officers working on the case. First he was closely monitored and after a while locked in an asylum where he claimed to know the whereabouts of all humanity. One "ripperologist" said that the probability of him being the Ripper is about 70%.

If I'm not mistaking him for someone else Cohen's dwelling was somewhere on the Middlesex Street past the killer's only known route (where he dropped the bloody apron).

>Kosminski was namedropped as the prime suspects by two senior officers working on the case.
Aaron Kosminski wasn't. They said they thought someone named "Kosminsi" was the Ripper, and he had been taken to an asylum and died shortly after the murder stopped. The only reason Aaron Kosminsky became attached to the case was because people looked through records to find residents of Whitechapel with that name, and he was the only one. Other than the name, which woulc have been easy to fuck up, there's not much tying him to the case.

Well he was a real dude but he seems like almost apocalyptical paranormal entity. Good books about the Ripper always begin with a long introduction to the history of Whitechapel and daily lives of people living there. You can feel that something is about to happen. That this place will produce something like that.

You're probably mistaken. Kaminsky lived on Black Lion Yard, which was right in the middle of the map posted above, on Old Montague Street. No record of "Cohen" exists before he was committed.

Because they also named the asylum where he ended up. It confused a lot of people at first because the name they used (Stepney) belongs to a different asylum where there was no one who at least sounded like Kosminski but there was another asylum nearby officially named Mile End Town but called Stepney because it was on the location.
Memories, testimonies etc. may not always be totally accurate. If we took everything that Anderson or Swanson wrote as absoluty free of errors then they had to lie. But I think it's more probable that they meant Aaron. If he's the Ripper is completely different matter.

This needs to be a movie

I looked it up and Kamisnky (not Kosminski) was a possible suspect but there's nothing to connect him to the case and he wasn't Aaron. I'll try to research the JTR forums to look for more info but there's almost too much material there. I only want to know how they discovered that Kosminski lived near Stride's location. Then where did that Sion Square come from?

>But I think it's more probable that they meant Aaron.
I don't. The person they describe doesn't really fit Kosminsky, especially his death. Like you said, memories and testimony aren't totally accurate. I think it's more likely they were talking about Kaminsky and just got his name wrong.

Ever noticed that the "collar" in Annie Chapman's mortuary photo is actually a sheet of paper to show how deep the wound was?

That's an interesting fact, but it's completely off-topic.

70% is almost certain. I dig that kind of science.

It's just one author though. If you ever visit this forum
jtrforums.com/index.php
you'll notice that number one rule of all people there, and some of them has been working on the case for several decades, is that nothing is certain. As far as they're concerned none of the official suspects are JTR and it's probable that there were more killers. Some of the writers even show up on the forum and it's always interesting to see when one feels 100% certain about one suspect (most recently Lechmere is the flavor of the month) and starts using his name interchangeably with that of the Ripper. Those people get no respect.

Also back when the "shawl revelation" was relatively new most senior members said that even when first reports said that the DNA from semen stains matched Kosminski they were like "well that just proves that they met before her murder and nothing else" which is of course correct and they were right dismissing the shawl but on the other hand it shows that there's no amount of coincidence that would be enough to prove anything and it's really frustrating sometimes.

The truth is that there will never ever be anything to prove anything beyond reasonable doubt. The only thing that can be done is to look for missing case files. Some of them were actually given to police offices in other countries. Some was found in Denmark if I remember. This won't give us any definite answer but will help us debunk a few theories.

One reason why people think that Anderson and Swanson said that their "Kosminski died" soon after the arrest despite the fact that no Kosminski, Kaminski, Kosomirski died in those couple years is that whoever they had (could be Aaron) was in a really bad shape. And Aaron was extremely malnourished that we know for a fact. But he survived for longer.

It's a stretch but nothing in this case nothing is easy.. And even if we identify their prime suspect it could be just one more coincidence A mentally ill guy who lives in the epicenter of the murders whose arrest coincides with the end of the murder spree and whose name shows up in the journals as the guy identified by the witness. Maybe Jack just died of syphilis right before 1888 even ended. So we can just hope that their house to house search wasn't totally a waste of time.

BULLSHIT. He was fucking small and all descriptions of the Ripper are generally "1800s shipyard worker stronk".

>the DNA from semen stains matched Kosminski
It didn't, though. The DNA had a signature that the guy sequencing it categorized wrong; the supposed rare mutation he said had to have come from Kosminski is actually present in almost all Europeans. In some ways, that whole story was a good summary of the problem surrounding this whole case: people using flawed methods to come to conclusions to support whoever they think is the right suspect.

Yeah I know but that what the press decided apparently. And I hate that. When I want to find information about Kosminski there's always a bunch shawl-related trash articles to get through first. It annoys me that many people now think that it was the first time somebody ever suspected him was because of that DNA. Of course in reality the author of the book has no proof that the shawl belonged to Eddowes. And he chose Kosminski because he knew that he's the king of all Ripper suspects.

Ok I just checked and both Sion Sq. and Greenfield Street are location of his two brothers and apparently he was living with them from time to time when he had psychotic episodes.

Any good jack the ripper books?

I know there's a certain casebook bible that has every single detail known about the case. Considering the evidence we're still finding it's probably constantly updated. At least it should. It's called The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook. For something less dry experts recomment CSI Whitechapel, Autumn of Terror and The Complete History of Jack the Ripper. As a start.

For the quickest introduction I like this one. Lots of photos, maps, drawings, recreations and a great introduction that gets you in the right mood starting with Whitechapel and how it came to be and life in the 1880s.

Grant Morrison approves

Honestly I think it's just a couple of killings, some of which may or may not be related, that sensationalist media hyped as the work of one person and some pranksters took advantage of with fake letters.

It was clearly Jacob Levy. He was the insane butcher CID officer Robert Sagar mentions having monitored before putting away to an asylum. His death coincidences with the closing of the case file at Scotland Yard. He was a butcher, he was the right height profile, he was the right weight profile. He was familiar with the local prostitutes of the area and he lived right off aldgate on 36 middlesex ln.

Ok this was the guy I thought was named Cohen.
He lived east of most of the murderers and on the street past Ripper's escape route. Unless he dropped the evidence to fuck with the police and then went back.

>hitler was conceived around the same time as the Whitechapel murders
HMMMMMM

>Baby Hitler roaming around and blaming Jews on it

Was he literature and if so how much?

>70% is almost certain

no

Just another Semite mass-murderer

What's the point in mentioning the (possible) ethnicity of the killer?

He was an alien