Non theistic religion

Why don't we hear so much about non theistic religions?

Did any nation ever have such a belief system as their main one?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Could-Tian-天-Tengri-and-Tanrı-all-be-related
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Did any nation ever have such a belief system as their main one?
Sure.

>Why don't we hear so much about non theistic religions?
One infinitely large metaphysical space which we find in this unitary entity serves as the to me known best basis to include various life forms and everything to be categorized without being excluded, which makes more possibilities than more confined metaphysical spaces.

Technically: Chinese Folk Religion.

Translations of Shen as "Gods" is pretty erroneous. The more accurate translation would be "Manifestation."

As Folk Chinese religion- though hardly monolithic- is based on the belief of the preeminence of an omnipresent omnipotent force called Tian "Heaven." To whom the Shen are mere manifestations of that force.

China, kind of.

Tian (/Shang-Di) is literally Tengri, probably even adopted from central Asia ashorse wagons introduced about the same time period indicate.

Societies tend to go from animism/ancestor-worship to theism around the same time as the state/military-class get established.

One doesn't exclude the other.
In fact theism is ancestor worship and animism can be explained with a unitary deity.

>We don't hear about much about non-theistic religions
Because the debates in the western tradition exists with a strict binary between theism and athiesm. Veeky Forums is a very eurocentric and western board.

Not that this is an issue, but it's generally true. Occasionally we will get threads about Africa and South America, which generally come from a very western perspective on their cultures (and I'm not talking about /pol/, the praise that these cultures get is very eurocentric)

1) Indo-Iranshits had gods.
2) Tian came from the Zhou dynasty. Which predated Tengrishit by centuries.
3) Tengri is a God. Tian isn't.

>my ass is talking

Indo-Iranics were the kinds of Steppenigs the Chinese communicated with during the time Tian showed up.

And Indo-Iranics weren't Tengrists at the time.

Furthermore Tengri is personified. Tian isn't. Just because Altaicshits have loanwords from the Sino-Tibetan language for "Sky" doesn't mean its the same fucking thing.

heh....I actually did a paper on that in college.

Didn't even read it myself but have fun:
quora.com/Could-Tian-天-Tengri-and-Tanrı-all-be-related

As I said, Tian gets linked to Tengri, because of wagons introduced from central asia falls about at the same time period with the first written mention of Tian that can be found.
There's a time discrepancy in fact but we don't write everything, especially Turks made history, others wrote down.

>Furthermore Tengri is personified. Tian isn't.
Lmao, literally a stick figure

>As I said, Tian gets linked to Tengri, because of wagons introduced from central asia falls about at the same time period with the first written mention of Tian that can be found.
And like I said, Central Asia was populated by Indo-Iranic people who didn't worship Tengri. Their religion resembled typical Indo-Iranian Pantheons instead of the Skyfaggotry of Altaics. Who weren't even in Central Asia at the time.

These were the central asians whom the Zhou (1046 BC–256 BC) interacted with. The Zhou dynasty came up with Tian-worship very early in the period as a rationale to explain how they were able to beat the Shang Dynasty, whose Shaman-Kings were acknowledged by the ancient ancestors of the Chinks to have divine right from Shangdi, who is the chief god from the pre-heaven worship pantheon.

Because that idea was mindfuck for the people of early ancient China. "Holy shit how were we able to defeat a god-king."

The rationale being a force more supreme than Shangdi has enabled the Zhou to topple the god-appointed Shang Kings. And that force was Tian, or Heaven, which was understood to bless certain rulers with its favor if they were virtuous, and taking that favor away if they weren't.

Honorary black man.

>German Turkshit diaspora.
I see.

Thank you for wasting my time.

Yeah, and Turks popped out of nowhere am I right? Before it was Mongols, before that it was IE, and Turks just pop out of nothing.

And skyworship isn't faggotry but the exact basis for a world view that allows you to unchain yourself from present impulses.
Can you do aynthing else but memeing?
Why is it that I as a Tengrist understand the implications while everything you do is claiming for yourself?

>T*ngrist

>"Holy shit how were we able to defeat a god-king."
That's fucking retarded. Please stop.

So we got the Turkic explanation of heaven worship because celestial phenomena are important for navigation in time and space.
Opposed to
>"Holy shit how were we able to defeat a god-king."
like you IE faggot are trying to push.

Won't take long until you incorporate my views and try to sit on those.

The guy best at navigating through time and space is blessed with ''kut'' life force, of course, he ensures survival.
Therefore he is ascended from the heavens to "lead" his people.

WE

You're fucking retarded fuck off already.

WUZ

GÖK (CELESTIAL) TURKS
Navigating through time and space.

>In the later Shang and Zhou dynasties, Shangdi was conflated with Heaven (天, Tiān).[10] The Duke of Zhou justified his clan's usurpation through the concept of the Mandate of Heaven, which proposed that the protection of Shangdi was not connected to their clan membership but by their just governance. Shangdi was not just a tribal but instead an unambiguously good moral force, exercising its power according to exacting standards.[11] It could thus be lost and even "inherited" by a new dynasty, provided they upheld the proper rituals.

Zhou replacement of Shangdi with Heaven worship is literally basic Chinese history.

What are you arguing against?
Strawman faggot.

Take your "Holy shit how were we able to defeat a god-king." line of caveman thinking and non-personified stick figure and get lost.

Chinese folk religion, Tian worhsip is a version of the oldest form of theism thinkable, directly tied to the sky as it even survived in common perception to this day, probably originating hand in hand with the Turks as it is manifested inside and can be read out of their language and everyday philosophical approaches.

Heaven worship serves the navigation through time and space, in its most dense form emerging with nomads of the steppes, for them space-time navigation is most important, it's also displayed in their complete mythology which is tied to astronomical and other natural events (ie: Nardugan) and even displayed in their shelter, which gets aligned according to the cardinal directions and at times is understood as a ship. Further it's structured like a church or most other religious buildings.

The opening time dimension, from tying events to celestial phenomena, allows transcendental thought, which means 'that what extends personal to the ego confined space (in time included)' and increases survival likelihood. Survival is ensured by ''kut'', what Turks call life force which is located in the sky, a leader, one who is best at navigating through time and space, is blessed with especially.