What's your favourite form of ancient protection?

What's your favourite form of ancient protection?
Like the lorica musculata for example

Dendra panoply

for me, its the lorica segmentata

I'll provide a pic for you, user.

I like this thing.

>lorica musculata

it's a fuckin plate robe

fuck that looks hard to move in.

SQUAMATA
Q
U
A
M
A
T
A

pig faced bascinet

A castle.

Macedonian hoplites

Question: what do we know about the armor from around 1000 BC? I'd like to see what the armies described in the Bible might have looked like.

they used a chariot

philistines (like goliath) would look similar to the sea peoples, not sure about jews, though they might have egyptian influences

>bascinet
>"ancient"

>I'M INVINCIBLE

Unironically Lorica Segmentata. I like the look of it.

I'm a full-blown Hamatafag. Lorica Segmentata can suck my nuts

soldier in your pic would be hypaspistai or basilikon agema
or maybe a pre 3rd century soldier

segmentata definitely has that REMANZ aesthetic but i agree hamata is underrated and most plebians think that segmentata is the only things legionaries wear

You're all plebs
This is all the protection you need

Chinese "paper" armor. Paper is seen as weak in our eyes, but thats mainly because its a thin piece of sheet. Buf if you stack them, fold them, coat them with resin, make them into a scale amor, it would be quite effective.

Supposedly its pretty effective enough to stop arrows and such.

was hamata scale or mail?

mail.
Squamata was scale.

mail

Norse warlords had some aesthetic ass equipment. Hauberks look pretty slick, especially with a leather harness, and Saxons get honorable mention for their mask-helmets, but I just love the look of a spangenhelm with a central ridge, spectacle guard, and chain aventail.

Not related but I think leather lamellar armor looks neat as well.

boeotian helmets, baby

T R I A R I I
R
I
A
R
I
I

So what you're saying is

s c a l e a r m o r

Which is how Goliath was described. Seems like everyone thinks the Egyptians ran into battle half naked.

What's the best looking armor/protection for the snow/cold though?

how much of an insecure incel do you have to be to wear armor with pretend muscles?

horned helmet of course

Obv. Corinthian helmet or muscle cuirass.

Is that helmet on the Irishman historically real?

Phrygian helmets were fancy.

>how much of an insecure incel do you have to be to wear armor with pretend muscles?
If you were wealthy enough to afford a molded cuirass, there was no fucking way that you were an incel. You did it because you were showing off your strength to your superstitious, illiterate soldiers who unironically respected tawdry and over the top displays of strength

Lamellar.

simply the best

anything went in the late bronze age

>KLA

Ancient

Don't know. To me it looks like a gussied up mishmash of
the Coppergate and Berkasovo.
But if any anons have the Osprey that is from they may be able tell us.

That doesnt work to well on lions though.

So is it just Jews that get +5 protection from lions as a racial trait or something?

It is real, it's a typical Late Roman helmet with an interpretation of what their crest box would look like.

It was assumed in amateur historical circles in the late 90s that the Irish used a lot of Late Roman gear for a long time since their sword designs from the 4th until the 10th centuries roughly follow the transition from a gladius-like sword to one that looks more like a spatha. Yes, this is massively retarded, but it was a simpler time.

is that a movie? source?