What country/state/region has the most boring history?

what country/state/region has the most boring history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War_(1859)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how can I answer that, its subjective

North America, nothing important happened there from 1776 to 1866

Probably some backwards but stable low-population backwater like Nauru or Tuvalu.

It's something in the western (but not Pacific) part of North America. Alberta, Idaho, Montana, Dakotas, some place like that.

Africa always has some killing going on somewhere which at least makes for interesting history. Asia and Europe ARE history. Antarctica has thrilling stories of exploration, survival (Shackleton), and death (Scott). Even abandoned islands like Clipperton have some story of how people tried settling there decades ago (Clipperton's story is particularly exciting). Western USA/CA just had a bunch of natives then all of a sudden some white people but not slavery. Houses were built and that's about it. The most peaceful, dullest, history-free region on the face of the earth.

Even these, by dint of colonialism and their very low populations, are consequently more interesting than, say, Wyoming.

The British Commonwealth.
>NZ
>Canada
>Australia

Literally who's of history.

Luxembourg, Andorra, San Marino and Monaco.

Canada

to be fair the American West has tons of thrilling stories of exploration survival and death.

Northwest Central United States and the part of Canada above it

WRONG

Liechtenstein is the last HRE state. San Marino is a typical Medieval Italian City state and has the oldlest constitutional republic in the world.

Canada, obviously. Think about every aspect in every period in this part of the world, absolutely nothing remarquable happened.

Antarctica

??
100% of its history is absolutely glorious.

The Luxembourgs were once Holy Roman Emperors

The ones with the shortest history like New Zealand.

I want to say oklahoma because I don't like it or the people, but I have to state under duress that some mildly crazy wild west shit happened there, and huge cattle drives went through there on the way to kansas city.

>french and indian war
>american revolution
>war of 1812
>largest man-made explosion until the hiroshima bomb(it was significantly larger than the trinity test)
And Canada's part of the campaign against Italy in world war 2 is pretty entertaining, although it says less about how great Canada was and more about how pathetic Italy was
>On 11 July the Canadians were delayed, not as much by enemy opposition than by thousands of Italian troops wanting to surrender.
>bully of starving african countries not so tough after being raped

These are all tiny events in a very recent history, compared to the whole history of mankind it's realy nothing.
Anyway
>french and indian war
Minor skirmishes, millions of natives were exterminated on this continent.
>american revolution
Canada please...
>war of 1812
What? lol
>largest man-made explosion until the hiroshima bomb(it was significantly larger than the trinity test)
Ok I give you this one. I wish there were cameras in Halifax this day, it must have been pretty fantastic.

Honestly it's the quietest region on Earth, in regards of human history.

Albania
>inb4 ave illyricum

>the north american theater of the seven years war wasn't significant
>the british side of the american revolution wasn't significant

>tfw I live in WY

The Dakotas had the Sioux War and Black Hills gold rush

Kamchatka probably.

I had to learn Chinese and European "history" at school. Do you know how sad that is?

Ireland

>live on islands for thousands of years
>farm potatoes
>get VIKINGed
>ok that's fine
>christianity arrives
>get ANGLOed
>have a famine
>blame the Anglo
>have a schism over religion
>Anglo goes away
>
>current day

literally irrelevant in any era of history

Finland

They fought in WW2. They have the sniper with the most confirmed kills, Simo Hayha. They also did not kill their jews, even though they were in the Axis.

Also, spurdo sparde, gondola, and Ievan Polkka are all from Finland.

Australia
Canada

>Nothing happened
>Then wildlife happened
>Nothing happened afterwards

>Farming potatoes before the discovery of the Americas

3 seperate cultural complexes, one of them sedentary, one of them waged a succesful war against the Russians.

>potatoes prior to Vikings
t. Brainlet

Then replace potato with parsnip, it filled the same role except potatoes don't fucking suck like parsnips do.

The colonies were a mistake.

This, one hundred percent
Canada is so fucking bland, even though they have three official languages (English, Mandarin, and Cantonese)

Most of Siberia would fit in with this theme, except the most southern and western parts that experienced conflicts with the Mongolian and Turkic tribes, and the Russians.

>Things that happen in a place before a nation exists don't count as that regions history

potatoes being an obvious analogy for 'any particular vegetable'

eat shit; point still stands

>he doesn't know about the pig war
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War_(1859)