Good excuse to get off from work

Guys, not sure if this is the right board to post. I've been working this job for about a month, but now i got an interview at a better job. I set up the interview this thursday at 1:00. I need an excuse to leave work early that day without them suspecting im interview somewhere else. All I can think of is that i got a doctor's appointment. halp me please.

I have an idea.

Tell them you have an interview.

no, that will make things very awkward if I end up staying at current job.

This. Act alpha about the whole thing. Then jerk off on your boss's desk and fuck his wife.

1. You need to do this 2. If you're at all valuable at your current job, they will freak out and offer you more money to say.

Stay*

This. Gotta act like the leader. If they care about you having an interview that much, you suck as an employee.

Same way your wife or gf gets jealous when you flirt with another woman. Be the alpha. Elementary stuff here op

there's too many logistical items that can come up even if you crush an interview/do well on it. i would just give a white lie and say you have a doctors appointment, etc.

just have your phone ring at the time you need to leave and act super serious on the phone "is she alright?" "what hospital did they take her to???" "I'm on my way" and just go. I did this at my job and all my coworkers felt sorry for me and were nice to me for a few weeks.

lol please do not do this. doctors appointment works well unless its a full day interview take a sick day

OP please do not listen to the other people saying to just tell your manager that you have an interview. That's going to cause awkward situations for you.

Basically just ask in advance if you could have the half way because a family member is sick and you need to help them. Car accident, going to physical therapy, needs you to take them back on that day.

Don't say that you have a doctor's appt because god forbid they ask for the doctor's note.

Also, do not "ask" your manager for the half day. You need this interview. Say "Hey, I need the half day."

Act like you're going to take the day whether he gives you permission or not, because it's just that serious. 99% of the time it'll be fine. If you act wishy-washy and like someone that doesn't really need the day off, chances are it'll cause more of an issue and they won't grant it.

Just no call no show

kek this

That's what i was thinking, I'm just too beta to pull off the blatant "i have an interiview" act. Just too awkward for me to show up to work the next day like everything is great.

I was thinking maybe i should say to that I've had weird heart palpitations at night for a few weeks, called doctor and he said to come in asap and they are gonna run some tests like ekg etc? Does that seem plausible? I actually have had this problem so at least i can make it sound believable.

Say, "I need to take a half day off on ____." I'll never understand why do you freaks make such a big deal out of everything.

listen to this post. your not beta for not telling them you have an interview lmao there is literally zero to gain by doing that besides thinking your "alpha"

the best case scenario is you get the job and have an awkward last two weeks and burned some bridges lol

I'm so beta, I think im gonna end up rescheduling the interview to next week until i can muster up the courage to ask for time off or take a sick day.

wtf? oh user...
nothing will have changed in the next week

Uh do you currently work at mcdonalds or something? Any place that isn't minimum wage allows their people to take days off.

Diarrhea

no i actually work a pretty respectable job but just incredibly beta and shy when it comes to these things.

Lie. They don't need to know and they'll probably try to replace you if you don't get the job