How much money should be kept in an emergency fund?

How much money should be kept in an emergency fund?

pic unrelated

12 months salary

However much money will allow you to pay rent along with groceries for a month, plus maybe $500 for your car potentially taking a shit if things really get bad

the non-autistic approach:
3-6 months of expenses

Emergency? What are you some kind of faggot?

Nothing. Just use credit card float and take money out of your investments if you really need it. I keep $2000 in my checking account to pay bills, and that's it.

except you can't pay rent on credit

you don't know the right Jews then. Relying on credit is pants down retarded though

That's what the $2000 is for.

6 months living expenses. For me that's in the region of 12k

You can 'withdraw' money from a CC by using two paypal accounts

cuz that is a super stable and reliable way to live your life

Sorry that I can hold a stable job. But keep putting your money in your 0.001% interest good goy account. You'll never know when you might need it right?

I make 6 digits a year you fucking mong. but the whole point of an emergency fund is so that it's there for emergencies. you should fucking feel bad for trying to tell people not to have one and to use credit and multiple paypal accounts. you're a god damned asshole.

You should fucking feel bad for trying to tell people to let their money rot in case an (((emergency))) ever happens.

12 months salary

you're fucking retarded, no one has to have all their money in an emergency fund, just enough for an... emergency.

I can't wait for your "first" emergency. remember me when it happens.

I wasn't claiming that, dumbass.

>pay with credit card
>at the end of the money, sell some funds in brokerage account to pay off the credit card
>get free cashback, and maybe some harvested tax losses
Wow, that was hard. Keep letting your money rot goy.

you're the one who wanted emergency fund advice, but apparently you don't want it.

like I said. remember me when it happens.

I FUCKING DO. ALL I DID WAS POINT OUT THAT YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY RENT WITH A CREDIT CARD IS WRONG

>mfw I've consistently had under 1k in cash reserves for the past 3 years.

even those you're an asshole I'll tell you. 3-6 months in cash, liquid, for expenses.

that's the point of an emergency fund. when it happens, you won't be in the same mindset as you are now. you'll be at the bottom and the chips will be down. you won't have the time or motivation to deal with all the different shenanigans that people cook up to live using debt. do yourself a favor and take my advice.