Commodities and Forex

I'm curious to see your comments about why doesn't this board want to have a commodities and forex thread?

We make real gains only no baby gains

forex has real investors playing with big boy stakes

crypto is just trading against a bunch of emotional kiddies and crazy chinks

forex is scam cause of the brokers

this thread again? Fuck

What? But what's wrong can you elaborate and be more specific?

I used to come to Veeky Forums years back and enjoyed a wide variety of threads discussing business and finance. Never got into forex, but always wanted to, would like discussion over it

around a year ago I started visiting Veeky Forums again and noticed it was 95% crypto threads. I did my part trying to contribute to Veeky Forums in my field of expertise (ebay and/or online marketing threads), spent about 3 months answering questions and giving people guidance until I just burned out. It was always the same pot of questions over, and over, and over, and over. (what do you sell? how do I get into ebay? is there money in ebay? what do you sell? where do you get your inventory? should I dropship? what do you sell?)

Now I came back about a month ago and see its 99.99% crypto threads, honestly shocking

maybe crypto should get its own place so biz can be about *business* again...

>commodities and forex thread?

Take your pills and go to sleep granpa

This was always a crypto board faggot.
>dude kneepads xD
>how do I get into MLM?
>muh vanguard funds
>drop shipping
Those were dark times.

You're free to make one. The thing is that commodities and forex move so slow that by the time something happens the thread will already have 404'd

But the average daily movement of a major forex pair is about 100pips and one lot has a per pip value of $10. So that means you could make(or lose) up to $1000 per day per major pair.
And for an example of a major commodity gold has a average daily movement of around 170 ticks and one contract has a per tick value of $10 so that means you could make(or lose) $1700 per day.

Veeky Forums has a huge influx of new people since the crypto boom, and most of these people know literally nothing about anything business related besides crypto (And even then most only know very little)

Also don't think a containment board will happen, considering Veeky Forums IS the crypto containment board.

I'm not sure if it was always a crypto board and the reason I'm not sure is I have dug into the archive site and saw that in the first few months of the board the crypto threads where being deleted but then also the forex and investing threads where also getting deleted so maybe it was just the mods at that time had no idea what they where in charge of.

I've found Veeky Forums to be far more entertaining since it became /crypto/

That wizard is luring rich people who fail for the ancient meme of immortality.

Good thing that most of those rich guys are scammers and get what they deserve.

Yeah but it made you reply and bump. Thanks.

see

Well, because it sounds too hard to get into. Crypto is pretty fucking easy, you just buy something that gets shilled a lot and even if it tanks, if you hold long enough you get at least a 1000% profit. I have never seen anyone lose on crypto if they hold long enough

But, well, how hard is it to get into forex and commodities?

>big boy stakes
Well forex and commodity futures are leveraged to the extreme so you can open a contract with a only a few hundred dollars.
Btw it's a bad idea to use only use such small margin because with that much leverage even a small move in the wrong direction will wipe you out.

>if it tanks, if you hold long enough you get at least a 1000% profit. I have never seen anyone lose on crypto if they hold long enough
Yeah I hear you this type of thing (holding onto losers) is usually considered the cardinal sin by professional traders and it's a really hard habit to break because it's so fundamental to being a human being it's wired into our psychology.

What I mean is that forex traders are professionals

crypto traders are mostly plankton

I'd rather take my chances against plankton

>burned out. It was always the same pot of questions over, and over, and over, and over.
Mabye we should have a wiki like installgentoo and scienceandmathguide
>maybe crypto should get its own place
I don't think making another board is the way though for a number of reasons. But mainly if you watch the catalog you regularly see the same 149 threads like for example AAAAHHHH or whatever is happening in that moment. Why does there need to be so many of the same thread and why not just check to see if there is already a thread before you start one?

Oh that's true, the others are dominated by pros who are very good, and it seems that the crypto market is still dominated by amateurs. Although I wonder who are the market makers? There has to be pros instead of amateurs making the market and providing the liquidity.

>hard is it to get into forex and commodities?
To get into forex you just have to open an account with a forex broker and this is similar to crypto because each broker is their own pool. Commodities are different that forex and crypto in that commodities are traded on a few centralized exchange so that the order book aka DOM aka Level2 that you see is the same that everybody sees, and the scrolling window of all the transactions aka time and sales that you see is the same as what everybody else can see. versus in crypto and forex it's all decentralized so each broker is different.
so to get into commodities you can pick one of the futures brokers they will all give you access to the same exchange.
Each futures broker will let you borrow different amounts though, like some will let you day trade one contract for only $500.

Okay lets say you had some kind of strategy that you thought previous resistance becomes support or whatever but anyways this is not about your strategy this is just an example about what amounts are possible.

>investing in a jew controlled market
enjoy being poor faggot

Like crypto is not controlled. Who are the market makers in crypto? Crypto has to have dealers too. And whoever is providing the the liquidity in crypto didn't all of a sudden magically gain the expertise in how to constantly stream quotes, make prices, and facilitate an orderly market. It take a lot of insider industry expertise to do that, and teams of phds working together with the exchange.

So if you're wondering how much margin would you need to be able to trade one lot, it differs among brokers but some brokers will let you borrow like crazy over 1:200 and with that you could trade one lot per $600. But if you have a broker that will only let you only use up to 1:50 leverage then you will need about $2400 per lot.

>crypto is just trading against a bunch of emotional kiddies and crazy chinks
You say that like it's a bad thing, user. Why do you think skillful traders can make so much money so fast in this shit?

No, I said that like its a good thing. Making crypto gains is so easy right now because smart players are few and far between

Oh. We're on the same page then. Carry on

>Veeky Forums IS the crypto containment board.
only because /g/ had an autism tantrum over the shitcoin threads