Sabaton

Veeky Forums
Which battle/war/historical character would you like to hear a Sabaton song about?

I work for Joakim and we need ideas for future songs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0aBUfpnE86U
youtu.be/VD-V7jftoVg
youtu.be/h_41nW4n8KA
youtu.be/WnAvNdVyJB0
youtu.be/OxilvLpCT7U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetios
youtube.com/watch?v=oMypHmtjg_k
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mRGEX5ZxE
youtube.com/watch?v=lRFoPmfaViU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Battle off Samar
Japanese fleet with some of the largest battleships ever built got their ass kicked by a bunch of american destroyers

Write something about Spain:

>30 years war
>Reconquista
>Invasion of America
>Cartagena de indias
>Great Armada
>War against Napoleon
>Etc.

I wonder why you have never talked about Spain in your songs

>Sabaton
Why is the average nu-Veeky Forums fag someone from /v/ who played too much HOI , and began reading pleb tier history books in between his vape sessions?

The 36th Ulster Division at the Somme.

stop edgeposting

None because Sabaton is boring and uninspired shit that autists only like because it appeals to their niche.

You faggots do realize that it's possible to have good music that's got historical themes, right?

t. /mu/ poster

I only wish I can someday be that pretentious.

Really though, Sabaton is shit. They're like nickelback - they're not bad in that the music's incredibly shitty, they're just cookie-cutter and boring. They bring literally nothing to the table.

Seriously, if you're going to be so autistic about wanting "historical" metal, power metal is a thing. Iron Maiden manages to do everything Sabaton does while actually making good music.

>George Washington's agonizing over whether to launch the attack on Trenton
>Stonewall Jackson's chase of the Union Army at Chancellorsville, his sense of being locked in a race against time to press the attack before the Union Army can organize a defense, and his hope being dashed after being fatally wounded
>tragedy of Lewis Armistead and Winfield Scott Hancock
>Sam Watkins and life as a soldier in the Army of Tennessee in 1864
>Ambrose Burnside's fury at Meade's bungling the Battle of the Crater, ruining his reputation and killing thousands of his men in the process
>the Confederacy's last stand at Saylor's Creek and Appomattox
>a German WW1 veteran (implied to be a Jew) and the betrayal he feels as Nazis persecute his family when he had so faithfully fought and bled for Germany 20 years earlier
>how the Battle of Antietam and Operation Market Garden occurred on the same day, their similarities as daring war-ending offensives, and their tragic identical outcomes
>Hugh Thompson and his horror at the My Lai Massacre

Patton and his 3rd, especially how they pivoted and marched some ridiculous distance in some ridiculously short time to relieve the 101st at the bulge.

But I already listened to all the Iron Maiden songs, and the band is dead.

The Viking at Stamford bridge

>hating on nickelback
had to go full meme didnt you?

if you cant dig this just get out of my face

youtube.com/watch?v=0aBUfpnE86U

Christmas battles and how russian officers sent latvian riflemen to certain death

I like Wulfgar
youtu.be/VD-V7jftoVg

Birka Viking has some cool videos including with Sabaton.
youtu.be/h_41nW4n8KA
youtu.be/WnAvNdVyJB0
youtu.be/OxilvLpCT7U

Would you eat shit? It's pretty contrarian also.

The Kokoda Track. Allied forces largely composed of Australians and New Zealanders fought back and forth along a narrow trail connecting the north and south of Papua New Guinea, in conditions that made Vietnam look downright comfy. This was the closest that Japanese land troops made it to Australia. We stopped them cold, and pushed them all the way back north. We also had support from native tribesmen that were known as 'Fuzzy-Wuzzy Angels', who served as guides and medical carriers due to their extensive experience living in the expansive and mountainous rainforests of the island.

at least listen to good metal you faggots

Album on the Roman empire, battle of Cannae or some shit

>caring about American "history"

Warrior would lead one of the last great cavalry charges in history - at Moreuil Wood, on the banks of the Avre river in France. Victory would not only secure the river bank, it would help stem the German Spring Offensive of 1918.

Seely took the decision to charge. The signal group would lead - 12 men ready to plant a red pennant with a black C on a white star for the Canadians to aim for. Not for nothing had he named his horse Warrior. The general led the charge

In fact, he could not hold Warrior. "He was determined to go forward," said Seely of his charger, after they had crossed the bridge and come up out of the hollow, "and with a great leap started off. All sensation of fear had vanished from him as he galloped on at racing speed. There was a hail of bullets from the enemy as we crossed the intervening space and mounted the hill, but Warrior cared for nothing." Seely, Prince Antoine and six of the others made it. Five didn't.

The worst slaughter was to the east. Moreuil Wood was triangular, a mile long on each side. Lieutenant Gordon Flowerdew took his 75-strong squadron of Strathcona's Horse round the northern tip, only to gallop up out of a hollow and be confronted by two rows of machine guns. The Germans had rumours of a tank attack coming down from Villers-Bretonneux. Cavalry did not have a chance. "Sir," sobbed Sgt Watson when he finally crawled back with the news. "Sir, the boys is all gone."

Though Moreuil Wood had been taken and the German advance had been checked, a quarter of the men and half of the horses had been lost.

Warrior lived until 1941, when Seely felt that the extra corn rations needed to keep the 33-year-old hero going could not be justified in wartime. On that Good Friday he wrote "I do not believe, to quote Byron on his dog Boatswain, 'that he is denied in Heaven, the soul he had on earth."

First of all, no you don't, you just wanted (you)s. Secondly, a song about hakkapeliittas or Narva would be cool.

Ask him nicely to please stop making albums. They were out of ideas 5 years ago.

>New Zealanders
?

Sabaton is good for lifting exactly because it is over the top and cheesy.

This desu

>THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED
COMING DOWN THE MOUNTAINSIDE
>THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED
COMING DOWN THEY TURNED THE TIDE
10/10 thread

I need more songs about the roman conquest of gaul. It is simply the stuff of legends and i cannot BELIEVE! THAT! NOBODY! HAS! WRITTEN ABOUT IT YET!

Battle of Clontarf would be hype as fuck or based Mael utterly destroying vikings when outnumbered 3 to 1 at Tara would be a good song

How was the Paradox convention/cringefest?

>Sabaton

>Iron Maiden
>anything but autistic screeching

Not a huge sabaton fan, but seriously, IM is soo fucking overrated, every single song feels just the same.

Have an entire album.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetios

>COMING DOWN THE MOUNTAINSIDE

this

>Run to the Hills
>Rime of the Ancient Mariner
>similar
lol

Is it me or do they really hate France?
Despite the incredible military history this country has, they have yet to make any song about it

Meanwhile, they have made songs about basically every other militarily relevant nation (Britain, Spain, Russia, Germany, America, Greece...) + Sweden (since they're from there), but also the Swiss, the Canadians and even the fucking Belgians

I mean, French military history isnt lacking of great ideas: 1066, Templars, HYW, Revolution, Napoleon, various Rorke's Drift-like events, Verdun, Dien Bien Phu (lol)

What is ghost division

Price of a mile, kinda.

Sabaton is overrated, Polish bands with 68 at the end are based.
youtube.com/watch?v=oMypHmtjg_k
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mRGEX5ZxE

Lyrics on pic got (((censored))) because (((someone))) did not liked mentioning the kikes in text.
youtube.com/watch?v=lRFoPmfaViU

Could you name me a few? I like Sabaton primarily for the themes of their songs and not the music itself so I would happily check out something a bit more musically exciting.

Praise be unto the lord!

Your rightful future king.

make a song about Harald hardrada of Norway

>nu-Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums is like half a year old

off yourself kuk

Battle of Yorktown.

t. Ameriburger

Not that fag and not sure what you normally listen to, but PJ Harvey's Let England Shake is about WW1. It's more of a theme like with ITAOTS, she doesn't recite dates and names.
Pretty cool.

>good metal
>posts nigbabby's first metal band

JEJ

Vimy Ridge

Snälla gör mer låtar på svenska

Do you really want them to do every irrelevant Canadian battle?
You already has Paschendale

I've always thought they should make a whole album about Napoleon, but it feels like they have some avoidance to the French. Also:
>Battle of Teutoburg Forest
>American Revolution/Civil War
>Julius Caesar
>The Punic Wars
>The Fall of Rome/Constantinople
>Frederick the Great defending Prussia from the Russians.
>The Fall of the Aztecs
>Mongol Invasions
>French Revolution

Bathory's black metal stuff was the best

Sweden is basically an American colony nowdays
Their national TV displays more English speaking stuff than Swedish ones
Their video games are produced in fucking English

So of course when America tells them French are surrender faggots and Spaniads are lazy fatass, they have no reason to question it

Ignoring all the autisitc screeching taking place above...

>Battle of Kursk
>Tet Offensive
>Miracle at Dunkirk
>Something about Rome, don't really care what
>Maybe something about the Korean war? Usually overlooked these days
>Pearl Harbour

Yeah that's pretty much all I can think of

>Iron Maiden
>Good music
Holy fuck, you are probably the most contrarian fedora hipster I have ever seen. Are you like 17 years old and started listening to them yesterday?

have you heard about Led Zeppelin you fucking /mu/trash faggot?

Led Zeppelin sucks and they just ripped off other bands

Said the little kid while ripping his skinny jeans, he also had his favorite t-shirt on which had a smiley and Buddhist mantra on it. I really showed him about my superior connoisseur music taste.

Hannibal
Spartacus
Alesia (Not in Eluveitie's despair style)
Battle of Teutoburg Forest
Siege of Masada
Belisarius
Battle of Tours
Genghis Khan
Mongol invasions on Japan
Spanish reconquista
Cortez in Mexico
The Great Armada
Peninsular War
Battle of Waterloo
American civil war
Battle of Little Big Horn
Paris Commune
Geronimo
Pancho Villa
Battle of Verdun
The Red Baron
Czechoslovak Legion in Russia
1920 battle of Warsaw
Spanish civil war
Evacuation of Dunkirk
Long Range Desert Group
Defence of Tobruk
Pearl Harbor
Anything about the Gurkhas
Raid on St Nazaire
Polish "Black Devils" on western front
Otto Skorzeny
Battle of Hill 235
Battle of Chosin reservoir
Battle of Khe Sanh
Rhodesian Bush War
Siege of Iranian embassy
Battle of Mogadishu

You're literally making up labels on the fly, says allot about prejudgment and a need to exclude

nu-Veeky Forums that'ts not a thing and don't try to make it a thing, muh i'm the true history buff fuck off