The "chaco war"

One of my favorite wars is the chaco war , because of how amazing the outcome was for paraguay.
Does anyone knows about it and want to discuss?

En el chaco no vivía casi nadie soy boliviano y el chacho era como poner un ejemplo "el sahara" esta así de habitado. Y solo sirve para cultivar ! Es un territorio muy estupido aunque para paraguay nuy valioso debido a su pequeño tamaño . En esa guerra luchó mi abuelo y fue muy brutal murieron muchos bolivianos .

perro caca

I dont know why people look at this result as surprising. If you just look at the population density and geography, that land was easily held by the Paraguayans.

Also Bolivia never wins wars. The only war they won was given to them by a Venezuelan. They are fucking named for a foreigner lmao.

>tfw no bolivia-peru union
Why did it end?

funfact, Bolivia is the only country named for a person who was still alive when it was created

Same reason all Latin-American Unions did. Incompetent state, regional planters, British money.

Bolivar was not a humble man.

>soy boliviano
Lol

Bolivia went full retard during the war. Everything from unencrypted Spanish radio messages to shitty logistic/transport systems.

I know literally nothing about it or the two nations (except some vague notion of Paraguay picking a 3v1 fight later). Educate me.

Chile got scared it would become regional hegemon and attacked them

The 3 v 1 was earlier, in the 19th century, tparaguay got fucked so hard theyre still mad about it today

"Quick rundown"

>the border was never well defined going back to Spanish times
>in the 20s and 30s both countries (Paraguay and Bolivia) began to suspect there was oil in the Chaco region
>Great Depression makes both countries more desperate for resources
>war breaks out
>Paraguay nationalizes the bus companies and uses them for troop transports, coupled with river transport
>Paraguay also realized that Bolivians speak Spanish (obviously), so all radio communications were to be done in Guarani
>Bolivia greatly underestimated Paraguay and fought half-assed, did all radio in Spanish (even though many soldiers spoke either Quechua or Aymara)
>Bolivia loses
>turns out there was no oil in the region anyways

>murieron muchos bolivianos
No los suficientes
T.Argie

it had oil though, didnt it? thats the reason the war was fought

they THOUGHT it had oil

see

>turns out there was no oil in the region anyways
Oil was actually found in Bolivia but not in the victorious Paraguay

ah, my bad