Veeky Forums movies. Post any of the following:

Veeky Forums movies. Post any of the following:

>documentaries on starting a successful business
>fiction films with good business practices
>inspiration movies with some relevance to Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SGJ5cZnoodY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watch this regardless of whether you're interested in McDonalds or not.

Some more I recently watched

>Wolf of Wall Street
>Wall Street
>Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Pic related. it's not about Veeky Forums but it is about the essential element: about ambition, following your dreams. but not in some piddling I want to start a cupcake stand way... it's about unbridled, immense ambition. I've never ever seen a film that so viscerally embodies the notion of "Think Big!"

american psycho

>>documentaries on starting a successful business
>>fiction films with good business practices
>>inspiration movies with some relevance to Veeky Forums
I've watched nightcrawler and it fits none of these criteria. Unless you consider filming your only friend dying for money "inspirational"

It's mostly his attitude and persistence that was memorable.

The Boiler Room

Comparative Film Analysis Exercise
>Play the speech scene back to back with Alec Badwin's 'coffee is for closers' speech
You'll understand why casting is so fucking important in film.

But he's also a totally oblivious sperg. I can see how the ruthlessness is important, but... I dunno man... that cringe inducing social ineptitude doesn't scream "businessman" to me

You'll be too late to learn the lesson but a great and interesting film nonetheless...

I'm just surprised no one's posted it yet

Absolute Kino:
>Scarface (1983)
>Cool Hand Luke (1967)
>The Godfather I & II (1972, 1974)

Obligatory:
>Wall St. (1987)
>The Wolf of Wall St. (2013)
>The Big Short (2015)

Reddit-Tier:
>Inside Job (2010)
>The Corporation (2003)
>Office Space (1999)
>Limitless (2011)
>The Social Network (2010)

I mean besides the fact that it was a movie that simmered down complex financial instruments to chicks in bikinis for normies who don't know what a "put" or "call" is? It was silly

Do you really think a film delving into the complex workings of the Mortgage-Backed Securities would have made for a good movie?

Stop pretending to be a some kind of business genius and stick to the mother fucking topic, which was, in case your pompous ass has already forgotten;

>Veeky Forums movies

Or go back to watching slideshow documentaries on how the ETF market works, which I doubt you would even comprehend...

>Play the speech scene back to back with Alec Badwin's 'coffee is for closers' speech
>You'll understand why casting is so fucking important in film
You're fucking right holy shit. Especially the, "You think I'm joking?" lines.

Meh a lot of those films don't really show the grind, the hustle like Nightcrwaler do.

Let's take Godfather 2. This is where we are supposed to see his rise, instead we see him turn from murderer of the biggest Don on the block to the Godfather. I don't know about you guys but I like to see gradual transition and this film didn't really hit the spot in that regard.

Great film nonetheless though.

Switch office space with the big short.

this was your takeaway? no wonder redditors/4channers hate postmodernism, it throws them for a fuckin loop

If you're more interested in the "hustle," maybe check these out, though some might not be purely business.
>Midnight Cowboy (1969)
>One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
>Rocky (1976)
>Taxi Driver (1976)
>The Warriors (1979)
>Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Just my two cents. I think there are a lot of things to be taken away from movies like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Cool Hand Luke, Midnight Cowboy, etc. in terms of life lessons and strife even though they aren't directly business related.

Pretty redpilled movie, not gonna spoil but lol at the end.

Bladerunner

Ozark.

boiler room

>good business practices
Though I am an instructor in several unrelated fields, I would like to add what I know about learning: study defense to learn offense - study offense to learn defense. In that vein, study bad business practices to learn how to avoid engaging in them. Don't search for the condensed, consumer ready information. Look at the source information that preceded a given event. That is where the cause of the problem lies.

I wonder how real this movie really is though? I mean yea sure if you live in L.A where their is a shooting every 5 seconds you might could make a living selling news footage to the stations but outside of california fantasy land how viable would this actually be?

There was this Wired documentary about Shenzhen China that's pretty good. It's more tech oriented but kind of an interesting look into what goes on in the hardware world over there.

youtu.be/SGJ5cZnoodY