Hmmm...really makes me think

Hmmm...really makes me think

Oldest daughter of the church and all that.

What did England mean by this?

Pierre da Monte was italian actually, born Pietro Guidalotti from Francesco and Margherita Ciocchi del Monte in Tuscany, cousin of pope Julius III.

Why do normies associate the Crusades with England anyway?
Barely any Englishmen took part in them (even the few knights who came from England were actually French nobility)

Is it because England adopted the crusader cross as its national flag centuries after the end of the Crusades?

>Why do normies associate the Crusades with England anyway?
This is not a thing outside the anglosphere tho. I'm italian and I always associated the crusades with the french.
I would imagine the association comes mostly from Richard the Lionheart. He is afterall one of the most well known and celebrated crusaders and kings of England, even if as an angevin he was essentially a frenchman.

Thanks user. This will be an excellent primary source for my publication on the French Master Race. Clearly only the beautiful mind of the Frankish gene pool is the only capable candidate for the highly prestige role of Grand Mastet.

>German crusades
>go back home without a fight
>bring back your kinglet in a vinegar barrel

Really activates my schnitzel

>french
>spanish
>portuguese
>italian

Damn, Romance countries are truly the master race
Were Germanics even trying?

Speaking for England, it's generally not a largely dwelt upon part of history.

England -> Robin Hood -> Richard -> Crusades

Germanics were busy slaughtering european brothers in northeastern europe back then. Literally "crusading" next door AND losing anyway

>Satanic church is also corrupt

Gee, who'd've thunk it?

>Anti-Grand Master

What did Maurice mean by this?

>Who is Richard Lionheart

>Who is Richard Cœur de Lion, who didn't know how to speak English, who lived all his life in Poitiers, who rule in Aquitaine, who was buried in Fontevraud near the Loire, who lived only six month of all his life in England.

No wonder the crusades were unsuccessful.

Well, the Frenchiest one (1st) was pretty successful

I'm confused, what's so abnormal about this ?

Because so many crusaders where French most Arabs of the time called the crusaders "Franks".

WE

>even if as an angevin he was essentially a frenchman
you take that fucking back

>also as an englishman I never thought of the crusades as typically 'anything' country-wise, just an occasional band from wherever going off to loot rich cities under the pretense of holy war

Angevins were 100% frogleg tho

LIBERTÉ