Any German speakers here, please?

Hi guys. Would anyone do me a huge solid and help me get the gist of this article? I don't speak much German other than the odd word I remember from high school. I've tried typing out chunks of it to put into google translate. You don't need to read the whole thing, but could someone please scroll down to the section 'Die wuerttembergische Abstammung' to the end of the article (like a page and a half) and tell me what it essentially means?

If I'm understanding right, was Hans Wirtemberger the goldsmith confirmed to be the son of Hans Wirtemberger the junker? And how was the author coming to the conclusion that Johannes Bidembach was the cousin mentioned in the goldsmith's will? Those details escaped me. I would so, so appreciate clarification, thanks.

file:///C:/Users/pepee/Downloads/SWDB_30_2012_OGLonhard_JohannBidenbach%20(3).pdf

>file:///C:/Users/pepee/Downloads/SWDB_30_2012_OGLonhard_JohannBidenbach%20(3).pdf

I can translate, but I'm afraid you're too dumb to shit.

Haha would you then, please?

Oh dear lord, do you even realize what you did?

No, what?

In case you're not trolling: you linked a location on your computer, we can't view that. You need to share a link that is online for us to be able to view it...

Since I'm in a good mood and you actually made me laugh, you can't post pdf's on 4chin, you just copy-pasted the file directory from your computer. Nobody has access to the file

Shit, sorry. I'm computer iliterate. Hold on.

God damnit. I tried. :/ sorry, never mind. That was the only link the woman from the Sudwestdeutsche Blatter fur Familien und Wappenkunde gave me. I fucked up.

On the off chance the pdf is somewhere more readily available on some German site easily accessed, it's called "Johann Bidenbach im 16. Jahrhundert, seine Familie und Vorfahren." by Otto-Gunter Lonhard.

Germans are autistic savages that are hellbent on destroying Europe.

Can't get it online, it's part of a printed magazine, and can't get for free

Oh, well thanks anyway for looking.

I emailed the magazine back last week asking them for some help clarifying a few points, but I understand it's mostly volunteers, It took a little over a month to hear back about my first email.

If you give me a sec I can take screenshots of the article and post them here in this thread. I have to see if they'll be big enough to read first.

Seeing if this is legible. 1/4

4/4

Is this about Aryan mythology

ahh good old acedemic German writing style, this may take a bit, no wonder google translate can't help you

No lol, it's from a genealogical publication about a distant relative.

Well, thank you, I don't expect you to do the whole thing or write it out, but like if you'd be able to get the overall idea of what he's saying in that section.

Bidenbach+Sons weren't conclusive about their ancestory, according to them, Eberhard Bidenbach (BB) and his ancestors/grandparents were good Württemberger (I think this refers to the state, and implies they were virtous)

his mothers father was the bastard of count Ludwig !, Count of Württemberg. The name of the mother, named margaretha, has no documental evidence.
(and some more irrelevant BS)

1st mention of Hans (I think Junker) Wirtemberger, in a contract in 1477.

most of this isn't important

Thank you, does he give any explanation as to how the mother's father is known but not the mother's name herself? I know I had read in a different article that there was a family tree compiled back in the 1600's that mentions the descent from Ludwig and just assumed the mother's name was Margarethe because that's what Johann Bidembach/Bidenbach's first daughter was named.

different user here. the information provided in is correct. as for your question;

it says literally: "the name of the mother, added into the list of ancestors as "margaretha", does not appear in any written source. according to Schön the only source is a handwritten genealogical tree of the Bidembach family, lkely from the 17th century, that Hans Wirtemberger was married to a "von Reischach" and that they had a daughter named Margaretha, who was the mother of hans Bidenbach. whether or not that is really the case is as open as her biography.

this is all the text offers. gbless user

>does he give any explanation as to how the mother's father is known but not the mother's name herself?
No. He refers to another source (Schön, 50) that mentions a handwritten family tree (bidembach), with hans wirtemberger married to a "von Reischach" and having a daughter with that name. The Author says it was "generally known", that he was a bastard and admits, that the mother will remain unknown

Danke user. From what I was able to gather later in the section, a goldsmith named Hans Wirtemberger is supposed to have died with no children and left his property to unnamed cousins, one of whom the author seemed to think could be inferred as Johannes B.

I think you're missing a page (between 1 and 2), I can't find a Johannes B anywhere

Oh sorry, Johannes Bidembach. It's the section at the end 'Hans Bidenbachs Vetter.'

It mentions a grave for Han Wirtemberger (the bastard), in Stuttgart, and then a goldsmith and city official, also named Hans Wirtemberger, who lives in Stuttgart and mentions his father Hans leaving him money.

Also, I'm not sure quite what he understands when he says he's surprised Hans/Johannes Wirtemberger (the bastard) refers to himself as a junker his whole life but his grave only calls him "an honorable man." Is that a translation of a social rank? Like 'gentleman' in England? And junker is some higher distinction?

Oh the grave is mentioned earlier in the section, before the 'Hans Bidenbachs Vetter' one.

Ah now I understand. Goldsmith Wirtemberger has a conract where he mentions that he sold something he inherited form his father Hans(en) Wirtemberger, which is why Hans BB doesn't want to pay the doctor (but recieve the inheritance) of Goldsmith Wirtemberger, since his father (like his great-grandfather) had bastards

Oh, I see now. Could you clarify a bit. I remember putting that section through GT and I saw the stuff talking about some dispute with a doctor at an inn, but I didn't quite understand what the issue was over. I also don't understand the final sentence of the article about goldsmith Wirtemberger being his uncle "in the legal sense" and something about a progenitor of the family beforehand. No idea what it means, GT was butchering it I'm sure.

The "surprise", is because he uses fishes (the sigil of Ludwig I) on the emblem, while only using the Junker title (meaning lower or younger nobleman) through his life and calls himself honourable, which he isn't really because he's a bastard. This is compounded by the death date not making much sense. The author says he finds it disturbing, but doesn't give an explanation

Ohh, right. So the issue is that bastards aren't meant to use any titles like that? And was the coat of arms on the tomb did it seem to imply?

Hans wrote to the mayor, asking, that he nullify a debt of 10fl (I think florentiner/gulden, so quite a sum), that he owed the doc., since the doc had already recieved 5fl upfront and over 4fl in Inn-costs and since the cousin died he didn't deserve it anyway

the last paragraph says goldsmith W died without a family and has multiple contestors for his inheritance. Hans BB was his nephew in a legal sense (maybe he was younger), but also his inheritor in a legal sense. I don't get it either, sry.

Thanks a lot btw, this has been so much more informative than getting back the garbled stuff from GT.

No worries, I'm really grateful for all your help. The one last thing I wnated to check was, the Hans writing to the mayor, do you mean Hans Bidembach, or Hans Wirtemberger (the goldsmith son of Hans the bastard)?

>So the issue is that bastards aren't meant to use any titles like that?
Well, bastards of nobles often recieved the last name of the land the noble ruled over (like in GoT), so he was already recognized as a bastard of Ludwig I by being called Wirtemberger (I think). I think the author got hung up on details that are a bit weird due to lack of sources etc.

Hans BB is writing, Hans (Johannes, which is what Hans is the abbr. of) Goldsmith is the one who died

Hey, well thank you so much man. This is really great, haven't been able to get this info anywhere else. I was talking to a distant relative in Germany on and off for a bit, but he gets really busy and just sent me the email address of that Wappenkunde site, and then they finally sent me that article after a month and I've just been getting little gleanings here and there by putting threads on German genealogical forums through GT. This has all been really concise and figured out what I was trying so long to get figured out. Godspeed dude.

Yeah sure, always more interesting to have threads like this on Veeky Forums, rather than the same 5 threads about why africa is inferior, that get 200+ replies