Is this writting /his?

Why do people try to say natives had writting when they did not, I think really are just nice designs for decoration and some people are trying to force it into something they never had

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden_Codex
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you retarded? They've been deciphered.

because history is starting to become about twisting and distorting facts in favor of a narrative

I thought that was a BBC

Was it hate speech Veeky Forums?

What does it say then???

>"nigger nigger *click* *smack* nigger"

>starting

I suspect you may be twisting and distorting facts in favor of a narrative

oh yeah, this page of repeated glyphs was totally just made as an artistic exercise. totally no literal meaning to this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden_Codex

Fucking Spaniards destroyed nearly all the Mayan texts

Yes same thing sigh hieroglyphs hooooo look at brown beduins They soooo Smart They "write" with bird eye foot ahah give me a fuclong Beake They were too stipid ti write

That's how writing was created.

They drew trees on caves, then after a while, they made a shorthand symbol for trees, then later on they needed to write something else, so they grabbed part of the symbol for trees and used it to mean the sound 't'

People started off with cave paintings, and turned it into Veeky Forums.

So they were just starting to develop their writting when the spanish took over?

mmmmmmmmm
It could be decorative like arabic sometimes is used as decoration

No.

It was already writting. As the sequence of symbols represent coherent ideas within a topic.

When writing was developed, only accounting stuff was recorded, then other kinds of knowledge was written on these surfaces. The same as ancient chinese. The aztec and maya writing already surpassed this phase and were doing verses and poetry stuff with it.

Is this too hard to get?

Are you an (((academic)))?

>huurrrrr it's just designs

Do you think hieroglyphs aren't really writing either? what about cuneiform or Chinese characters?

Did Slavs have writing?

Yeah, Old Church Slavonic since the 9th Century.

Are there any extent texts worth reading? A Mayan Plato, a Mayan SiMaQian, or anything like that at all?

As far as I can tell, the Mayans got btfo by some mysterious set of circumstances, and that was that.

No I mean slavic runes or sth like that

>presented with facts
>calls him a kike

Well if you're talking about an indigenous writing system, not that we know of. But runes weren't indigenous, they came from the Italic alphabets.

Writing systems have only been independently invented a few times though, it's not as intuitive an idea as we might think in hindsight. Most writing systems were either developed from or inspired by earlier systems.

Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Hebrew, and Arabic are all related, and it's likely that the Devanagari script used to write Hindi comes from these too, so all the related scripts like Thai, Burmese, Khmer, as well as the Dravidian scripts like Telugu.

So if the theory holds true, basically all current written language except for Chinese, Korean, and Japanese all derive from a single early writing system a few thousand years ago.