The crypto talk on here has degraded, let's get a real discussion going

I'm pretty new myself, I have followed btc loosely since it came into being and was talked about on Veeky Forums since 2010. I never bought in, was too lazy to mine, and had a bad stint in my life for a couple years so ended up getting in late.

Invested in June, and have made good returns thus far. I keep about 80% of my crypto in btc and daytrade the other 20%. I'm managing to average about 3% every other day thus far, my method is to not force myself to jump on a coin but wait for one with high volume that has been on a steady or decent uptrend that has a sudden mini-dip. I then buy and sell about 4-5% higher. Spread out to around three coins to minimize potential losses.

Anyone else having success with this method? Recently I've made a killing dealing BAT and OMG swings. I just sold omg at it's 305 peak, and want to buy back in now, hoping there will be another pump before the conference, then sell again.

Any thoughts? What are your methods for daytrading? Will omg pump again before the conference?

BRAAAPPP

ayy i remember that thread. sup br/o/

yeah, and I wish I was the guy

base model gayardo in the worst color with 10+ year old benz in the back

probably a lucky doge moon

i always lose when i daytrade but i might be retarded, so now i just hodl

It's very difficult, and you have to learn to be disciplined. I think the biggest mistake, at least for me, was thinking I always had to "do" something. Never think like that. Wait until an opportunity comes to you. Right now, for instance, I don't see anything that looks super safe. I'm tempted to buy omg right now and hope for a pump later, but it could very well just dump more. Also, try to find coins that have established a strong support and resistance level, and play the swings. For example, omg had a crazy strong floor of 27 for a couple of days. I waited for it to hit that point, then bought some, and sold when it jumped up. Not an expert by any means, but I'm getting better. You really have to just get a feel for it. No sub for experience. But yeah, if daytrading doesn't work for you, stick with the hodl bro.

i day traded bancor successfully for a while since it is pretty stable. When i try with other coins like omg i end up panicking with fomo.
I have been holding it since $5 and could have sold at 32/31k last night but i'm too greedy to figure where the top is.

>rent Lambo
>write BTC on a paper
>? profit

i fucked up on bancor and bought after ico on an exchange. I think we're gonna be ok bro, this is an easy market. Plus, your competition is mostly retards. Just look at the responses on this thread.

i hope so, a few hundred k could really change my life a lot.
It feels like a lot of Veeky Forums are underage or just trolls lol.
Loads of good info too, i would never have bought OMG without Veeky Forums

Sorry to ask for spoon feeding but what coins atm can you rec to get started with day trading. I might give it a shot today. Thanks.

I stopped daytrading when I finished with LISK and watched what it became if I held.

I've made over 200x returns by bag holding.

Yea was trading thousands of lisk for 90 dollars in profit.

Thought it was hot shit.

If I did nothing and held for a year I would have about 8k.

It's something you learn with time.

I held my RISE and WAVES ico and look at them now.

I don't think there is anything good right now, but it might change later today. As far as coins that have been good to swing trade for the past couple days, omg, bat, lisk, and neo have worked. Neo is a big risk though, it could still plummet.

I don't make multiple trades a day. I make one about every one or two days on avg, looking for the sure bets. Easy to lose if you're too aggressive.

My fear is that the moon missions are more spaced out than they used to be, and that I could likely get stuck bagholding a coin. I think omg and neo have long term potential, but both could end up tanking, particularly neo. Bought it while it was still ans at 7$, and held the bag until it hit 30$.

What are some coins you see with potential?

When do you think its a right time to buy a coin for daytrading?

What has worked for me is to find a coin that has a solid support level and you know well. i.e. it has bounced off a certain price 3 or 4 times, and then shoots back up before falling to the support again. Buy when it hits that low support, and sell for a small profit. Try to make sure the volume is decent, and the overall trend is horizontal or positive.

Don't tie up a lot into them, because you could end up losing. Spread it out over several coins. Don't get greedy. Take the profit, don't feel bad if you miss a mini-moon.

Nothing wrong with bagholding a coin if BTC does well and the coin doesnt get delisted.

I bag held RISE for a year. Go look at the chart.

I will probably lose everything once US and China finally ban BTC though.

thank you.