Pet peeves when it comes to documentaries

What pisses you off in modern documentaries about Veeky Forumstory? I'll start off with this cunt.
>starts every documentary with her personal and often feminist opinion
>builds the story through her female perspective
>never touches any objective facts about the subject at hand
>only anecdotal stories or sensationalist facts already known about the subject

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FTMlkBifTo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeaN8UBwg2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Women are not capable of not bringing emotions into things; it's their entire raison d'ĂȘtre.

Secondly, you should not be watching television in 20 fucking 17. It's pure degeneracy.

Watching documentaries is a fucking American thing to do, shiggy diggy.
If you want to actually learn about something I rather you read wikipedia or some books. Documentaries are all bullshit.

Then do it to you fag. Open your eyes my dude

>talks through her teeth
She needs speech therapy or something, you can't be a broadcaster and not be able to speak properly.

I don't generally mind the content of her programmes though, they're very middle class feminist stuff, but so is she, so no surprises.

She doesnt talk through her teeth she cant pronounce the letter R. Even worse for a broadcaster. Only other think similar to this I can think of is the horribly ugly old hag that narrates those perpetual Rome documentaries.

What pisses you off in old documentaries about Veeky Forumstory? I'll start off with this cunt.
>starts every documentary with his personal and often reactionary opinion
>builds the story through his cishet male perspective
>never touches any important facts about the subject at hand
>only anecdotal stories or sensationalist facts already known about the subject

she's a cute

and so we forgive her everything, just cause of her cute little face

i bet she fucks like an animal tho

Glad I'm not the only one who finds her strangely attractive

This is what happens when you think with your dick.

I'm sure it worked for her 15 years ago, she's not cute now, she's just a middle aged woman who dresses well.

no watching a marathon of bettany hughes documentaries is what happens when you think with your dick

yes, I too hate documentaries by IMG_6367

>"And then they fought for a day and a half.."
>Video takes a break from telling the fucking (hi)story to show some vague imagery of people fighting with overdone noises and screams

this isn't limited to documentaries but fuck people using britcuck accents for romans

>BUT WHAT IF
>Narrator is a few decibels below shouting
>Loud drum bangs, like the sound on Law and Order SVU
>HITLER SURVIVED THE WAR
>Zooms out of a massive title card with "epic" music on the background
>Everytime it comes back from an advert it summarises the last part of the show for around 5 minutes, every single fucking time. But since the advert slots are different over here it happens between adverts so it basically spends 10 fucking minutes summarising shit and then when it actually tries to get into the "meat" it cuts off.
>American """"documentaries"""""

Don't forget we have Ken Burns, the David Attenborough of history documentaries.

Does any country make worse documentaries than US of A? youtube.com/watch?v=7FTMlkBifTo

Lucy Worsley is amazing. She makes my brain and my dick hard. Death to all you unbelievers.

>documentary about the Late Roman period
>reenactors are dressed in equipment 200 years out of date

Suzannah Lipscomb every time. Although she talks a bit weird as well.

How?

I'm not a fan of blondes, but what a qt.

this

>builds the story through her female perspective
But it's ok when a man looks at history through his male perspective amirite?

Random shots of dudes shouting, especially when discussing war, just put up a still of an artists depiction or some shit.

She looks like a man with downs and has no tits, no ass, no curves whatsoever. Even "her" hairstyle is shit tier. Kill yourselves you tasteless queers.

This is the correct answer.

>American documentary
>Narrator sounds like he's doing a trailer for an action movie

Speak English

>What is reverse image search?

>American "documentaries"

Ken Burns' US civil war series is fantastic

>watching historical documentaries
Only contemporary documentaries are any good. Things that have artistic merit and are meant to be an expose into something people aren't aware. I dont need Ken Burns to tell me about the civil war, but anyone who denies the Act of Killing by Joshua Openheimer as being a good documentary is a moron.

I'm fact, the only good documentaries are the ones that were meant to be artistic in nature and an expose on current events at the time.

my numidian

>let's ignore the actual batlles and focus on the life of niggers and women

She is a qt. Her Russia series was great.

Literally the only reason why I watched History Chanel, her and Time Team

She's a fucking porker now, used to be fine though. My virgin Classical Greek teacher used to be obsessed with her.

I find women voices too annoying too often,

I also find dramatized scenes of fighting too obnoxious.

I hate when they try to have an "emotional core" or character who's plight we focus on.

Though I really like everything done by Adam Curtis, simply because It's trippy.

I'm a fan of documentaries with the classic old guy with a deep voice who sporadically make jokes.

I was watching some shitty History Channel doc on Egypt, and there was this fine Egyptologist honey dressed like an old 1920s Archaeologist.

That they don't try to make them a bit more fun.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeaN8UBwg2M

I just like listening to old men tell wild distorted stories about their adventures and shit.

makes me forget for a while I'm a 22 year old NEET..

No it should be objective, however when doing history on say Alexander it's understandable it comes from a Male perspective and not a female one, same in reverse for say Theodora

Serious question, do women understand war? I have the feeling that their commentaries on battles, wars and fighting is essentially useless because they will never understand the spiritual meaning of it that is contained within the metaphysics of masculinity.

Can a fat NEET who has never experienced true hardship understand war?

I'm neither fat nor a NEET. I lift, practise MMA, study and about to start a job while having the means to support myself. Anything else?

What causes a man to go on the internet and tell lies?

Up to you to be believe me lad.

>Up to you to be believe me lad
>to be believe
What did he mean by this?

You do not think it be like it be but it do

talking in absolute, using everyday language
something must be right, something must be wrong, like a fairytale for adults

everything is brutal, ruthless etc etc ad infinitum

A girl once told me I had a masculine, documentary narrator voice.

Now it's called Netflix or whatever, what's the difference, it's still TV

Serious question, can men understand war? All they seem to care about is military strategy and how 'badass' it is.

>What pisses you off in modern documentaries about Veeky Forumstory?
No transcript to read in 1/10 of the time it would take me to watch the video.

unironically this.
Documentaries are entertainment, borderline education.

>reenactments

Always the point I switch off.

bless my ballocks

>the civil war was only a bunch of battles

Actually, it mostly was. Since it was a fucking war.

>t. History Channel "historian"

I prefer reading books to watching documentaries, but if you actually have to go full brainlet and get your history from TV then Ken Burns is someone you definitely should avoid. His baseball documentaries are the only ones that don't suck.