ITT: Most overrated hacks of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_family
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Marlborough_(title)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_of_Sunderland
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Spencer_(peerage)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscount_Churchill
youtube.com/watch?v=vp_h649sZ9A
youtube.com/watch?v=d9EN27Zh_vg
youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=AKjzEG1eItY
youtube.com/watch?v=J3l18HTo5rY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Queen Victoria
FDR
Churchill

Karl Marx

Any Jew ever

Lincoln

why were britbongs obsessed with her again? Katie Upton is a million times more qt and her marriage is a million times better

>Katie Upton
oh shit, i meant Kate Middleton

Well both are Qts. Still would prefer an actual royal or aristocratic girl however..

damn

>wrote 1st concerto at age 4
>1st symphony at age 5
>1st Opera at age 6
>completely revolutionized Opera
>defied by every composer after him

It's like calling Scorsese a bad movie director. Just asinine.

>Well both are Qts
Diana is pretty meh to me

>Still would prefer an actual royal or aristocratic girl however..
i like that they've abolished that rule, the population of nobles is not very big, a few families marrying into each other for all eternity is kind of disgusting, there's no reason for commoners to not be allowed to marry into nobility

Mozart was great composer in his age, but putting him on par with Beethoven, Bach or even Brahms and Wagner is pathetic

Based on what? I used to ready quite a lot on 'Classical' music. Not claiming to be a big expert, but it was a passionate interest for a time. Never, not once, not at all did any author or critic even come close to claim Mozart as simply "great for his time". He's one of the most studied and most performed composers of all time.

I'd put him No. 2 in top 3, Bach being third and Beethoven No. 1. Brahms is solid as a rock, like Hadyn, but never quite reached that high watermark. Wagner had literally one outstanding piece, the rest being german wankery.

>Wagner had literally one outstanding piece, the rest being german wankery.
wagner is massively influential to german romance and opera. it's funny because you place beethoven at no.1 and then go on about "german wankery"

>What are you gonna do, stab me?

>that awkward ranga fuck is smashing that just because his ancestors were lizards
Robespierre was right.

Beethoven wasn't obsessed with muh Teutonic myths and other assorted "Aryan" strongman nonsense. I'd say Wagner was one of the parents of Nazism desu, but that's another topic. All round a very talented dickhead.

Einstein
also did the most damage of all

Imagine that nose bouncing on your groin when she blows you

Fapping right now

Why are anglos so ugly

the real question is why are bongs obsessed with this family

Well, when Mozart got everything right he made best music ever, but he composed loads of really mediocre stuff.

Kys hipster

True

Bach is superior to him in every way, he is only famous because his Freemason brothers made him well-known

Diana was from the Spencer family. They are one of the most significant British noble houses still extant today.

>downplaying Mozart while upplaying Wagner

You're musically illiterate. There's no other explanation.

>Central Powers construct entire strategy around the idea that unless they can face Russia with all their forces, that Russia is unstoppable
>Russia the only major member of the Entente that is defeated

George Washington

Karl Marx

>Man who sacrifices absolute power for the greater good of the country and sets the precedent for the next 200+ years
>Overrated hack
He's the most famous American historical figure for a reason.

Diana was a looker. The last bits of the nobility/aristocracy had died out in the 60s and 70s. making diana, a commoner, a novelty.

This. Reagan is overrated and Carter underrated.

Carter single-handedly ended the Cold War by liberalizing US oil prices, which led to a surge in domestic exploration and production and the "oil glut" (collapse of the internacional oil price) which bankrupted the Soviet Union.

Carter also put Paul Volcker in charge of the Federal Reserve which saved the US economy from a trap of double-digit inflation, this allowed the US economy to boom in the 1990s.

He also was a strong supporter of nuclear power and wanted to wean the US off Middle East oil.

Meanwhile, all Reagan did was recklessly spend on pointless military proyects like Star Wars, almost started WW3 nuclear armaggedon edition during Able Archer, and the Iran-Contra Scandal which he then clumsily tried to cover up. He also fucked up Central America with US-trained torture and amnestied millions of illegal immigrants.

I'd say he's at least a half-hack if you consider his record as a tactician, which was mediocre at best.

This. THIS.

Diana was an aristocrat you idiot

Eh, what really mattered in terms of nation-shaping history is that the US won the war and what happened after the war is where everything really could have gone wrong.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_family
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Marlborough_(title)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_of_Sunderland
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Spencer_(peerage)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscount_Churchill

She's about as blue blood as you can get without being of royal descent like the Beauforts or the FitzJames or the FitzRoys.

Nice phone you're posting with

You do realize that that story is extraordinarily likely to be apocryphal and meant to mirror the Roman dictators of the early to mid Republic because contemporaries of that time had a big stiffy for classical history, right?

Well, Washington sure made it clear after his 2nd term that he didn't want to stay in power and he denied many times requests from people to become the "king" of the US. He even went so far to establish the role of a president vs. a monarch that he forbade his image from the coinage (of course that doesn't apply now, but Lady Liberty was still on all of America's coins up until 1909).

>contemporaries of that time had a big stiffy for classical history
intelligent men of any era appreciate classical history

Washington is nearly a bizarre personification of American destiny. Consider that he had a very personal hand in accidentally setting off the French and Indian War that set the stage for the American Revolution in the first place.

I suppose so.

nobody in bongland really cares, i went to china and people were asking me about princess diana

you all fucking know about our royal family and it's affairs better than we do ffs

>german """music"""
I see where you went wrong

Based Lizzy had her killed because she cucked Prince Charles with that Paki

who's the king of england?

Dianna did lots of charity work and was the people's princess. Kate isn't,

There is no king, only the Prince Consort.
I think the whole jure uxoris kingship fell out of favor with the rise of nationalism.

>>german """music"""
>I see where you went wrong
being this much in denial
somewhere even a meme has got to stop

youtube.com/watch?v=vp_h649sZ9A
youtube.com/watch?v=d9EN27Zh_vg
youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=AKjzEG1eItY
youtube.com/watch?v=J3l18HTo5rY

kys

Being influential doesn't make you good.

Yeah but Early American scholars saw a lot of Roman in themselves and when cementing the mythos of their founding tried to make it so EVERYONE saw that parallel.

Half correct. soviet spending furring the period of reagan continued to attempted to match at 12.5% of gdp in part due to reagans spending like sdi(which with programs like eris lead to thaad and the aegis system) in addition to mass upgrading of our submarine fleet and tank force spooked the ussr into continued rapid spending on the same to counter. We see massive upgrades and knee jerk reactions like the upgrading of just about all of their tanks to b models through the 80's in response to american upgrades. in adition to the introduction of the akula class subs(nato reporting name) This happened to coincide with the collapse of the international oil price drops which undermined the economic viability of the soviets. Gorbi tried hard as fuck to release pressure the retarded amounts of spending created but it wasn't enough. His pursuit of heavy handed arms limitation treaties is pretty good proof of his intent. in addition to his social policies.

tbqh the anti reagan stuff is the current popular and frankly overrated conclusion

>muh Teutonic myths and other assorted "Aryan" strongman nonsense.
It was popular culture at the time, you really can't shit on wagner for being a product of society. Also why are you criticizing a composer based on his beliefs? You should be judging his works not his ideals. Mozart was a freemason, Beethoven hated Napoleon, and nearly all romantic composers jumped on the nationalist bandwagon. Doesn't mean they're bad composers
>a very talented dickhead.
Bernstein said something like that and it's pretty much true.
Actually, it kinda does since people liked your shit enough to copy it or were influenced by it. The Greeks got a lot of shit wrong, but we still praise them for their contributions. Also he is a good composer, stop being a contrarian

objectively this

Is it true that she was assassinated because she got impregnated by her sandnigger boyfriend and she was going to marry him and convert to islam?

>you really can't shit on wagner for being a product of society
Yes I can, if his whole identity was dependent on it.

>why are you criticizing a composer based on his beliefs?
Because Wagner's beliefs are integral to his musical portrait.

>be judging his works not his ideals
And his ideals were all he wrote about.

>Mozart was a freemason
There is no more an overrated or innocuous title than Freemason. It's literally just a rich man's club for 'universal believers'.

>Beethoven hated Napoleon
He loved him. Then Napoleon took a crown. Which got Ludwig mighty upset. All over his 3rd Symphony. A knot in the cord.

> jumped on the nationalist bandwagon. Doesn't mean they're bad composers
Wagner perpetuated the horseshit bullying ideal of German coming back to save europe from Jewery. This is well documented in his relationship with Friedrich Nietzsche. Nietzsche fell sick during one of his concerts, because he saw the European fold unravel by a Teutonic gremlin. His sister was seduced by the bitter charisma of Wagner. And after Nietzsche's death, she spent a great deal rewriting his works so they fit into the mold of the rising tide of German Nationalism which eventually morphed into Nazism. Hitler was a diehard of Wagner btw, and based a lot of his later obsession with German/Teutonic/"Ayran" Mythos directly from him. Literally Wagner was cancer.

because they are the royal family? the family of kings and qeens that ruled england since it's creation?

a country with actual history, crazy stuff

>Yes I can, if his whole identity was dependent on it.
Interest in romantic subjects is one of the defining characteristics of the romantic period. are you going to shit on sir walter scott because most of his works romanticize the medieval and early modern period? can you really not appreciate romantic versions of stories because autists turned the shit into an ideology?
>Because Wagner's beliefs are integral to his musical portrait
There's almost no signs of anti-semitism in any of his operas.
>His sister was seduced by the bitter charisma of Wagner. And after Nietzsche's death, she spent a great deal rewriting his works so they fit into the mold of the rising tide of German Nationalism which eventually morphed into Nazism. Hitler was a diehard of Wagner btw, and based a lot of his later obsession with German/Teutonic/"Ayran" Mythos directly from him. Literally Wagner was cancer.
You're literally blaming him for the actions of others. Has reason evaded you completely?hitler liked him therefore he's a bad composer! surely no faults in that logic. also nietzsche sister was interested in aryan bullshit before wagner

Here's the full Bernstein quote
>"I hate Wagner, but I hate him on my knees,"
You'd have to be a literal idiot to deny Wagner's influence. Again, hate the man all you want, he was a shitty person bitter at his rough start in the industry; doesn't detract from the quality of his compositions. I've seen hate thrown at him before and it's usually more childish and based around being contrarian; I've never seen anyone dislike his works because he was a bad person.

objectively yes.
thats why the UK is such a nanny state now. they are watching and recording everything, notice how they are all for ''cleaner'' and ''smarter'' cars? well that's no coincidence, before the muds completely take over the royal family pans to purge the UK, by killing 1/5th of the population (the coal burners) then start the genocdie on the brown people, and the UK will finally become PURE once more.
PURE
U
R
E

>the family of kings and qeens that ruled england since it's creation?

and monarchists claim to care about history

>and monarchists claim to care about history
"HURR DURR FURPGFSDSAFF"
-you

Saw a documentary about her a week or so ago.
Really felt bad for her at the end, fucking charles was a total nigger.

That quote is actually attributable to His Majesty Charles II.

plausible, the man was all about the party, he probably did say that when piss drunk

I don't even like Mozart, but..
>Wagner
Lmao Kys you retard

>Wagner

Not necessarily a bad artist, but definitely an overrated one and a worthless human being. Also, 'Imagine' is shit.

frankly the Beatles were the biggest hack of the 20th century when it comes to arts

Idiot

retard

>I'm going to stay in bed for a week
>That'll surely stop the Vietnam war
What a pretentious fuckhead

This. Arrogant little fuckhead imagined himself above everyone else because he could earn his money singing tunes. I like a lot of their music but on a personal level I despise the fucking prick.

Beethoven and Wagner were bland af

/thread

She was a drug addict and slut.

We're lucky she died when&how she did, or we'd have wound up with the enduring shame of an aging crack whore making embarrassing public appearances regularly.

Being influential and being good are definitely correlated, and what you said is right in that most influential people were considered enough to emulate, or at least did some things well enough to. I'm not saying he's a bad composer or anything, but by definition being influential does not inherently mean you're good.

Princess Diana bombed my village, glad MI5 had her killed

>drug addict and slut
>implying there's anything wrong with commiting victimless crimes

Beethoven was very tasteful. He never wanked.

Ann fucking Frank, she wrote a god damn diary why the fuck is that special?

good post

t. Salieri

>the future Queen of England should be a drug addled whore! Wouldnt that be awesome??? Lolllololol
Take your degeneracy and leave

Have a (You)

>posting Javert
>not posting Master and Commander Russell Crowe
I shiggy diggy

I can assure you guys that this user has read exactly 0 scores in his lifetime. Also he clearly has never read Wagner's librettos, since he seem to think that Wagner is all teutonic antisemitic wankery: not every Wagner's drama is Die Meistersinger, and even in that case carijg about the antisemitic undertones rather than late Wagner's contrapunctual and harmonic perfection is just plain idiotic.

By the way the standards you are applying are virtually never applied to opera, of whoch canon is mostly built on absolutely worthless librettos.

Pic related: Mussolini was the quintessential hack. There was absolutely no substance whatsoever behind his speeches, and virtually everything he said turned out to be a lie, and look where he got. He truly hacked it out of nothing.

I'd fuck her.

Thank god the MI-6 killed that bitch before humiliating the lizard on the limey throne by marrying some mudslime

For a second I though you were talking about kate middleton.

Better a muslim than her shitty ex husband who cheated on her all the time.