Where do i get started with history

where do i get started with history

there's just so much of it

Start with the greeks.

The Greeks

The beginning
Lmao

Start with Greece or Rome, both have their fun stories.

Sumer is boring as shit after an hour of looking it up.

always

>reading plato for the plot and not for his thought proccess
Pitiful cave dweller.

Start with WW1 and work your way backwards.

Truly Plato is out there

And I thought summer just recently ended

sumer ended a long time ago lad

is there a textbook or something about greek or world history you guys would recommend? my mom wants to get me a birthday present and im too old for toys.

>he missed the pun

If you are starting fresh on the subject start easy, The Classical World by R Lane Fox is a good beginning covering greek and roman history. If you like the content of that move on to some harder stuff but realise it takes many books to start to understand things and that reading say Thucydides takes some effort and is best done after reading around the subject through modern authors. If you want easier theres Eureka by Peter Jones, good starter with no difficult stuff or on the harder end of things i can recommend Song of Wrath by Lendon after you understand the Pelopenisian war, as it will change your mind again about it. World history, bit big for one book but if you want to start at the beginning, After The Ice by Stephen Methen is good taking in pre-history across the globe, quite a comfy read and easy to dive into different chapters.

Chapter 1 book 1 - the beginning

Thank you

no probs mate

Don't listen to these guys. Start with what interests you. It'll help you develop a deeper interest in history and from there you can branch out.

Only correct answer.

winter has come