Why does the France surrender stereotype exist?

Why does the France surrender stereotype exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SUgmw5AG2WA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-French_sentiment_in_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=gSG-NEf84bM
youtube.com/watch?v=aXTvwgTdn-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Nm2o6K_g8Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=tdu3r-2bYoA
youtube.com/watch?v=UQnopsfHIDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1) Franco-Prussia
2) WWI
3) WWII

>WW1

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just that's what normies think.

They also lost to the rice farmers though
Điện Biên Phủwas a massacre

>WW1

Really makes you think

>USA: 1,900,000
Didnt only around 10% of these forces ever saw combat?

It's a troll pic (the joke is that France lost in Vietnam too)
A German dude posts it every two days on /pol/ to watch the Americans chimp out

That being said, France still won two wars against Vietnam while American never did

Because people are morons and will mindlessly parrot anything a literal cartoon character tells them.

>implying normies know about the Franco-Prussian war

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=SUgmw5AG2WA

also read this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-French_sentiment_in_the_United_States

>Because people are morons and will mindlessly parrot anything a literal cartoon character tells them.

That and the French keep surrendering.

How the fuck do Germans always put out so many fucking troops?

They fielded more than France and UK combined(well, not really, but still close as fuck)

They lose their wars to fast
>Franco-Prussian War
>Date 19 July 1870 – 10 May 1871
(9 months and 3 weeks)
>Battle of France
>Date 10 May – 25 June 1940 (46 days)

They had a bigger population

Meh
Prussia lost a war in 19 days once, yet they're remember as le ebin warrior nation

Britain and France were also involved in other fronts like the Middle East, whereas I think the Germans from the Eastern Front had been transferred westward.

Everyone will remember the last fails.

is this a troll pic

you guys know the U.S went into vietnam because the french got BTFO right

Because every major conflict after 1918 has resulted in disaster for France
>BTFO in 1940
>lose to Vietnamese at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 (this one is inexcusable, the French aerial resupply strategy was Germans-at-Stalingrad tier retardation)
>fail to hold on to French Algeria
They'd actually won in Algeria, but decided to let it go anyways

The Americano-Soviert forced us out

The BBC is God's punishment agaisnt american for being such cuckhold

you do know that the french got BTFO by vietnamese then mostly nationalists and that the US went there because 'muh communism' and got BTFO by vietnamese now communists right

Because they refused to help US fight in Iraq.

>any excuse besides the fact that you didn't keep Challe and win the war
The only cuck here is de Gaulle

its almost as if germany is the biggest country in europe

De Gaulle was an English Puppet that later betrayed its English masters under the pressure of the (((French))) Deep State aka the Free Masonry

This. And the Illuminati and the Joooooooozzzz and the CIA and the aliens.

I hope you mean population density wise otherwise I`m forced to challenge you to a hypothetical fist fight

Can you pls shut up when you have no knowledge of French history ?

And America never lost a battle against Vietnam, they just lost because it was too expensive and unpopular to continue. Unlike the French, who actually did manage to lose a battle to rice farmers.

You're just one of teh lizard people.

by the wars end (when the French lost the only notable battle of the war) they were actually communist and aided by them. it was France's fault they were communist anyways, FDR and Truman wanted France to give Vietnam independence from the start but France was so butthurt from losing WW2 they had to drag out two other wars that they'd lose because muh pride

t. butthurt mason

Americans are perhaps dumb and ignorant as fuck, but Europeans are not
youtube.com/watch?v=gSG-NEf84bM

youtube.com/watch?v=aXTvwgTdn-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Nm2o6K_g8Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=tdu3r-2bYoA
youtube.com/watch?v=UQnopsfHIDI

>t. butthurt mason
>Americans are perhaps dumb and ignorant as fuck, but Europeans are not

Kek, because Europeans have better tin foil hats to stop the alien's controlling their mind with x-rays.

I understand them losing against Germany (twice), but how could they be defeated by colonial shitholes?

French take pride in surrendering.

The same way Britain at its height lost to Afghanistan and the Boers
Except France was at its lowest rather than height

all memes aside, I don't understand why their national hero is a guy whose only achievement is surrendering to Romans

Because the French people is a mix of Gauls and Roman
Had this guy not surrendered, there would have be no French people
Therefore through his action, he's the father of the nation

Hello, stormfag

ww2
algeria
vietnam

German Empire had around 25 million people more than France.

>get BTFO by Romans
>"we are mixture of Gauls of Romans, had we not surrendered, we wouldn't exist"
>gets BTFO by Franks
>"we are mixture of Gauls of Romans and Franks, had we not surrendered, we wouldn't exist"
>gets BTFO by Germans
>>"we are mixture of Gauls of Romans and Franks and Germans, had we not surrendered, we wouldn't exist"
>Americans liberate France
>"La resistance took France back all by itself"

If you unironically believe the Gauls were French, you're retarded as fuck

What next? Ancient Britons were English?
Native Americans were WASP?

French have way more Gaulish blood than Americans have native blood

Because the french are a bunch of snail eating faggots.

Most of them have more germanic blood than gaul

Im not impressed by the ignorance here

There are really some stupid people, just look at this

What bothers me about this stereotype is that not only that is it false but also it distracts from all shit that French do in fact deserve to be hated for.
France was the ruthless aggressive asshole of Europe for most of its history. If Germany takes so much shit for their aggression against others then France should too, also taking into account that German militarism appeared partially as response to French aggression in the first place.

It's like a blessing in disguise. Some will underestimate France because of it and think of it as silly and pathetic.

French germanboos are the worst, my god.
Very first line is 100% wrong, he was purely against it, it was treason. Fucking liars.

>France was the ruthless aggressive asshole of Europe for most of its history.

>what is anglo
>what is hapsperg

France also lost to them Monkies there chief

Pic related, Untermensch

good

Still better than British military history desu

Didnt the french backstab them own selves in vietnam?

They didn't lose to Algeria, they won the war, decided it wasn't worth keeping, and left

De Gaulle gave them independence because he feared keeping Algeria would allow Algerians to migrate to mainland France en mass
Guess how that worked out

>Whate are the ifni crises and the bizerte conflict

You should add the Boer wars. England deploys hundreds of thousands of men and manages essentially a draw while losing tens of thousands of men to disease chasing Boer's around.

perfidious =/= aggressive

I don't know why the Frog felt the need to attack America in that picture, it's usually Brits that give the French shit.

As Spanish, I can garantee that

This pic is a very old troll pic and wasn't made by a frog
The main "joke" about it is that France lost to Vietnam too
It was made to mock France even more than to mock America

I you say so my Anglo friend...

Why do we still act like WWI and WWII are two independent events, and not just the same 30 year war with a short truce?
Both are wars of the germanics versus the slavs for control of Ukraine, with some other fags joining for funzies.

They're experts in two things. First in surrendering.Second, in forsaking their troops (and the captives of Bailen Battle shall confrim this)

>Second, in forsaking their troops (and the captives of Bailen Battle shall confrim this)

Remember Napoleon's war against Russia. He refused to abandon garrisons in the east after his bad retreat from Moscow, which meant he had less veterans to fight with at home, and meant he abandoned a huge amount of soldiers and supplies, a lot of which were starved to death or dealt with by the russian peasantry (supposedly as if they were literal demons and devils, with a lot of torture).

>Napoleon of le France: I will man all these castles to slow down the Russian advance
>Alexander of дъ Russia: I will walk past them and park the cossacks in Paris
>the garrisons: Oh merde!

And they were lucky. The ones I mentioned were left to starve (not thanks to the Spanish government, who gave the order of suppliying the prisioners to the nearby local islands, but after a few attacks of prisioners' part, they decided not to bring any more food), and they ended either diying, or skinnier than the parrot of a blindman or cannibalizing their former comrades. Ah, and they were treated with dishonor when they finally came back to france.

There's a big difference between being driven off by a bunch of savages on their own land, and being conquered yourself. Also, the French also lost against the Vietnamese

>constantly surrender over and over again to anything that can pick up a gun
>wonder why people make fun of you
Are Frogs the dumbest and most deluded people on the planet?

>be French
>surrender because your cowardly
>do that ten more times
>loose literally every battle you take part in
>France cowardedly avoids wars for a few years, citizens get sick of not surrendering for so long, so they start a civil war and lose to themselves

>Fr*nch delusion

roughly, yes

for the german to know that nearly 2M of burgers were on the french soil was pretty efficient on the german high command late war decisions. The mere US presence and those 10% who actually fought basically quickened the victory.

>usa soldiers who fought

You walked proudly towards machine guns, because they refused to listen to advice from foreigners?

You also lost against them, Grenouilletard.

>Are the 'murican the most conceited and arrogant people on the planet?

You stupid brainwashed sheep don't you know that the Iraq War is over and that you can turn off your tv? You are a dumb sponge who in 2017 still soak US media propaganda like a braindead

btw you did pretty well during that war:
You scored a victory in 42 days, 42 DAYS! Besides you did that even without the french on your side. Needless to say the war is still going on 14 years later. Eventually you found all those WMD and chemical weapons factories, didn't you? Btw you also took the bait from a draft dodger of the vietnam War (Bush) instead of electing a true veteran (Kerry). But, oh yes, the latter speaks french and is effiminate so he better fuck off

t. North Vietnamese

It doesn't change the fact that the French won the war militarily

The french troops there did not have the full power of the american army behind them, they had no support from France. They lost at Dien Bien Phu true but overall the war was pretty much a stalemate

>America do know how to win a battle
>America doesn't know how to win a war

t.iraqi, or vietnamese. your pick

>too expensive
lmao. America was far from being broken. they poured for the south vietnamese to carry on on their own a huge amount of equipement and countless weapons and vehicules before leaving

>unpopular to continue
partially. this is in no way the main reason on why they left vietnam. the main reason is that they were merely losing, just admit it

I'm not American.

France also lost to the Vietnamese

that's even worse then